Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ufirst Account

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭ruddy1987

swampy353 wrote: »
    From the ufirst site

Note it only covers for one trip a year on the standard ufirst account. Think the gold account has full annual travel insurance

Work for the company who do the U First Gold account.

Free annual worldwide cover with the account, you just need to register.

Policy excess is €50. Covered for as many trips in a year up to 31 days,Worldwide, covers 17 days winter sports.

Cancellation covered to €3750, Baggage €2000, single item limit €175, Valuables €250, Medical €10,000,000

Covers policy holder and partner and children up to 18.

One major thing is it doesn't cover ANY pre existing medical conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Hi ruddy1987 - quick question about phone insurance. I switched from O2 bill pay to Tesco mobile when the contract was up on my iPhone4 at the end of last month. The phone was covered by their phonecover insurance but not any more. I presume a copy of my original O2 contract would be ok as proof of purchase?

digitaldr wrote: »
    Hi ruddy1987 - quick question about phone insurance. I switched from O2 bill pay to Tesco mobile when the contract was up on my iPhone4 at the end of last month. The phone was covered by their phonecover insurance but not any more. I presume a copy of my original O2 contract would be ok as proof of purchase?

Yes that would be fine, all you need is proof of purchase, dosnt matter that you have changed network

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Anyone know much about the ufirst reduction on interest rate for a mortgage?
    I looked it up, but was dazzled by the financial lingo.
    I saw a stat of .1% off the interest rate, which isn't a huge amount, considering it was .25% in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Idiots gave us ECB+60bp trackers back in the day with our free UFirst accounts and a nice switcher bonus of 1000 plus legal fees.
    Must be costing them a tidy sum every month now given that they can't borrow at anywhere near those rates...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

the website is now up and running, esp handy for tickets www.ufirstaccount.ie

registered for life cover policy and mobile policy myself previously but also saved a packet on oxegen tickets recently (had to send the receipt off to their offices as the website wasnt set up at the time)
    Is that for real ? It just asked me for selected characters from my password and one of them was the tenth, there is no tehth character ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

2qk4u wrote: »
    Is that for real ? It just asked me for selected characters from my password and one of them was the tenth, there is no tehth character ???

It's not your Anytime Banking password. Have you registered on that site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

testicle wrote: »
    It's not your Anytime Banking password. Have you registered on that site?
    Ahh, that makes sense, I having a stupid day today.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

From the ufirst site

Note it only covers for one trip a year on the standard ufirst account. Think the gold account has full annual travel insurance

If you take more than one trip in a year, which one would be covered?
    The first...?

The-Rigger wrote: »
    If you take more than one trip in a year, which one would be covered?
    The first...?

U Furst Standard account one trip of up to 14 days in Europe, no wintersports

U First Gold as many trips as you like in a year worldwide up to 31 days including wintersports for up to 17 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Idiots gave us ECB+60bp trackers back in the day with our free UFirst accounts and a nice switcher bonus of 1000 plus legal fees.
    Must be costing them a tidy sum every month now given that they can't borrow at anywhere near those rates...

I'm on a tracker too :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

ruddy1987 wrote: »

U First Gold as many trips as you like in a year worldwide up to 31 days including wintersports for up to 17 days.

I see, I presume you have to notify of them of the trip in advance for the Standard account.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭swampy353

The-Rigger wrote: »
    ruddy1987 wrote: »

I see, I presume you have to notify of them of the trip in advance for the Standard account.
    You just go onto the ufirst site and enter your travel dates

Question for anyone that got a 25% refund on Ticketmaster purchases.

How long before it showed up as pending on the uFirst site?
    and
    How long before you got the 25% back, and how was it refunded?

Also, if I can't make the gig, were the tickets in some way restricted for your usage only (it says something about this in T&C) or could I resell them.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Bagel

Question for anyone that got a 25% refund on Ticketmaster purchases.

How long before it showed up as pending on the uFirst site?
    and
    How long before you got the 25% back, and how was it refunded?

Also, if I can't make the gig, were the tickets in some way restricted for your usage only (it says something about this in T&C) or could I resell them.

Thanks.

I've done it twice and got the money back within 3 weeks. Not sure about pending on uFirst site (don't think I checked) . I bought the tickets for other people so don't think any one checks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rot10

From the ufirst site:
    Covers most mobile phones - including iPhones and Blackberrys
    Loss, theft and accidental damage - including water, liquid and malicious damage
    Up to €1250 replacement value - if your mobile is lost or stolen, or can’t be repaired.
    Unauthorised calls cover - up to €2,000 for monthly contracts and up to €150 for pay as you go customers
    Your cover will begin 14 days after you register or change your mobile phone details

The insurance is only in force for as long as you have your ufirst Current Account.

If you make a claim, you will be asked for proof of purchase and must be able to provide this.
    If you wish to claim, you must register your claim within 48 hours of discovering any incident.
    If you’re outside the Republic of Ireland at the time of discovering the incident, you must register your claim within 48 hours of return to the Republic of Ireland.
    Excess €40 for the first claim. Full t&c
    http://www.cpp.co.uk/termsandconditions/termsAndConditionsUKPhonesafeUlsterBankROI/

Do these phone insurance details hold true for ufirst gold a/c as well?
    I'm hoping the excess is less or even €0?

Mr.S wrote: »
    I have a Ulster Bank account but i can't seem to register, it says my sort/account numbers are recognized, the accounts 3 years old though and its deff right :(

Where are you trying to register?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Do you have a Ufirst bank account or a standard account?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rot10

If there are any ufirst gold a/c customers, I was still wondering if the Phone insurance is upgraded from that offered to ufirst customers?

Is the excess still €40?
    Or is it less?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

Has anyone claimed on the phone insurance without proof of purchase?

A friend got a free iphone 4 from vodafone by mistake after they messed up his order for an iphone 4s. He gave me the spare iphone 4 - but he wouldn't have official proof of purchase (even if he did - it wouldn't be in my name).

Would it be enough that the phone is registered with apple under my name? I could also register it under my vodafone account if that helps.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

rot10 wrote: »
    Is the excess still €40?
    Yes
    ripcord wrote: »
    Has anyone claimed on the phone insurance without proof of purchase?

A friend got a free iphone 4 from vodafone by mistake after they messed up his order for an iphone 4s. He gave me the spare iphone 4 - but he wouldn't have official proof of purchase (even if he did - it wouldn't be in my name).

Would it be enough that the phone is registered with apple under my name? I could also register it under my vodafone account if that helps.

Thanks.
    Currently making a claim, and the proof of purchase is certainly required.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭fox65

Any idea if this can be used when purchasing the season tickets for leinster?
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

fox65 wrote: »

If they're on ticketmaster, then yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭fox65

It is ticket master but a different portal. oss.ticketmastereurope.com

fox65 wrote: »

Just searched for them but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

In case anyone is interested, I just talked with a nice lady on the ufirst account helpline about the phone insurance.

I told her I don't have proof of purchase. She said it's ok and to register my phone anyway. If I need to claim, they will check with my mobile operator to validate that I have been using the phone.

Not sure how they would do this. Maybe check with vodafone, verify the IMEI and some numbers you've recently called. She said it would be ok in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭vickers209

ive booked a package holiday to florida im a u first customer just remembered the holiday discount has anyone used this service before do u need to ring them before hand as ive already paid for it using my card it be over 200 euro saving so be worth chasing

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭swampy353

vickers209 wrote: »
    ive booked a package holiday to florida im a u first customer just remembered the holiday discount has anyone used this service before do u need to ring them before hand as ive already paid for it using my card it be over 200 euro saving so be worth chasing
    If you didn't book thru the ufirst travel agency then your not entitled to money back

• Advertisement

vickers209 wrote: »

Yip, you need to book it through them, they're a travel agency.

Advertisement