Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

EUROVISION SONG CONTEST: The Story Of Fire Saga

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Loved this movie, just what the doctor ordered with all the miserable news around! Good songs in the soundtrack also - the Icelandic song Husavik, Demo Lovato’s - ‘In the Mirror’.
    Surely volcano man has to be at the top of the good song list?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

gmisk wrote: »
    Surely volcano man has to be at the top of the good song list?!?

Loved it! Wish it was longer! (Somehow found myself humming Double Trouble today also)..

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Watched it on my own, I've been singing jaja ding dong for days and the missus is just like "what the f**k is wrong with you"

So damn catchy

This looks to be on RTE 1 next Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    This looks to be on RTE 1 next Wednesday

Do RTE 1 still show films every Wednesday night? I remember years ago when the TV guide would come out, I would always look to see what film was on RTE 1 at 930 on Wednesday night. Streaming doesn't generate the same level as excitement.

• Advertisement

Do RTE 1 still show films every Wednesday night? I remember years ago when the TV guide would come out, I would always look to see what film was on RTE 1 at 930 on Wednesday night. Streaming doesn't generate the same level as excitement.

I think now they are back showing Wednesday night films again as The Snowman was on last night

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Whitters22

Watched again tonight on RTE and although on the long side it does stand up for a second viewing. Soundtrack is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I was watching this movie for the very first time tonight. I loved it. It took the piss out of Eurovision in the right tone but it was great craic to see it unfold on screen. I thought Rachel McAdams was really good in it. One of the best comedy films that I have watched in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,909 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

had Will Ferrell in a hamster wheel, we had our act on a treadmill ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

The songs are great throughout the movie.
    The set-pieces are a lot of fun, and it's got a nice amount of heart.

Dan Stevens is super (I'd watch an entire movie about his character), and Rachel McAdams was very good.

Found Will Ferrell switching between being somewhat funny and operating as his obnoxious worst.
    He never seems to know when enough is enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

The songs are great throughout the movie.
    The set-pieces are a lot of fun, and it's got a nice amount of heart.

Dan Stevens is super (I'd watch an entire movie about his character), and Rachel McAdams was very good.

Found Will Ferrell switching between being somewhat funny and operating as his obnoxious worst.
    He never seems to know when enough is enough

He actually is a great singer (see Step Brothers), but I thought he ruined
    Husavik, the big song at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Rockbeast2 wrote: »

Ferrell was good but Rachel McAdams was fantastic. She really elevated what could have been a two-dimensional character to someone real. She's a really talented actress, possibly cursed by her stunning looks!

and her wart (can't stop staring at it)

am i shallow to say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

fryup wrote: »

am i shallow for say that?

I’d have her in a heartbeat, warts n all, as they say ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

It's a mole, not a wart.

well its quite a big one, surprised she hasn't got it removed esp in this age of cosmetic surgery

What wart?

wart

a mole

Advertisement