Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anime at the Cinema

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Evade

Replying for notifications. I missed out on Promare last week because I didn't know it was on until the day of.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Evade wrote: »
    Replying for notifications. I missed out on Promare last week because I didn't know it was on until the day of.

Yeah, demand for Promare was nuts. Cineworld had 4 sub screenings and one dub.

I still hold out hope for a Bunny Girl movie screening but I think it's been too long by now.

Seems it is Crunchyroll bringing Konosuba here, half assing everything outside the US as usual.

https://blog.alltheanime.com/konosuba-movie-uk-theatrical/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Yeah, and can now actually search for the Konosuba movie on the Vue website, still no image and the description worked this morning but gone now. Managed to book a ticket, though, so see you other weebs there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭megaten

The link for Konosuba isn't working for me. Glad were getting these releases though even if it can be a bit awkward to get to.

megaten wrote: »
    The link for Konosuba isn't working for me. Glad were getting these releases though even if it can be a bit awkward to get to.

Keep trying. The listing keeps appearing and disappearing.

Keep trying. The listing keeps appearing and disappearing.

Seems the gremlins have been removed from the server and Konosuba is no longer disappearing.

Still not showing for me.

megaten wrote: »
    Still not showing for me.

It's on the main page now too if you search Thursday's screenings. It is a bit down the listings. Going to the listing directly is still hit or miss. The Vue website is a garbage mess of JavaScript.

• Advertisement

It's on the main page now too if you search Thursday's screenings. It is a bit down the listings. Going to the listing directly is still hit or miss. The Vue website is a garbage mess of JavaScript.

Cheers. I think my browser cached the dodgy version from yesterday.

Go to a film to see some explosions on the big screen, yet the only thing that explodes is the projector.

What a waste of six hours and half a tank of petrol.

What a waste of six hours and half a tank of petrol.

Yeah, that's even worse than being stuck on the M50 car park for 90 mins trying to get there from Bray.

Ouch. I thought I was bad with 3 & 1/2 hours and a quarter of a tank.

Yeah, that's even worse than being stuck on the M50 car park for 90 mins trying to get there from Bray.
    I had about an hour of that on the way up.

Anime Limited have now confirmed the Konosuba screening is going to be rescheduled, unfortunately it is still only going to be in Vue Liffey Valley. No date as of yet.

Hopefully someone will test the file this time.

Hopefully someone will test the file this time.

Happened in quite a few places from what I've seen online.

• Advertisement

Not holding out much hope, all the reschedules are for the 17th of December so under 2 days notice for a confirm from Vue is too much for me.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Not holding out much hope, all the reschedules are for the 17th of December so under 2 days notice for a confirm from Vue is too much for me.

There are reschedules as far out as January 5th, which would actually not be too bad being a Sunday.

Konosuba is on on Wednesday at 6.50pm.

I'll be more than a little annoyed if this turns into another wasted day.

Feck, got a Christmas party that day that I can't get out of.

That was good. It was a lot emptier today than it was last week.

That was good. It was a lot emptier today than it was last week.

Yeah, only half as many. To be expected on 2 days notice, and right in the middle of exam week for a lot of schools and colleges.

Weathering with you is showing on the 30th of January

https://www.myvue.com/cinema/dublin/film/weathering-with-you

Weathering with you is showing on the 30th of January

https://www.myvue.com/cinema/dublin/film/weathering-with-you

This is getting a wide release, so expect more locations to pop up.

There is also an untitled anime film being screened on February 9th. This is expected to be either One Piece Stampede or My Hero Academia Heroes Rising.

• Advertisement

One Piece Stampede is being screened on February 2nd. No information on locations as of yet, but would expect it to be at least shown in Cineworld.

https://onepiecefilm.co.uk/

Advertisement