Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Big fan of Nixon Newell, great wrestler and gorgeous to boot!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Pentecost wrote: »
    Yeah I expect it could be a case of throwing two women together initially for a lot of teams if they were thinking of doing it. I don’t think there are many defined women’s tag teams even on the indies. It’s kind of a logical future development for WWE if they are treating the women the same as the men though. Maybe also a secondary women’s title eventually.

I think a tag title scene for women would be a nice change of pace. Not every woman signed to NXT will get the shining light put on them like Ember, Shayna, Asuka, Bayley, Charlotte, Sasha did, so why waste most of them, the one's who are talented enough should be able to pick up on WWE style quick enough and get used to how WWE film things. You have a few women on the main roster that could do with a boost also main eventers who will need a few months out of the title scene.

You never know you might have a few that might break out from tag team division that might become the female Bret Hart, HBK or Edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That's just it. They need the opportunity to show what they can do on tv. Also there's always the feud when a partner turns on the other.
    The fact we may see some of the women once per taping means we kinda forget about them.
    On another note, now with ember gone, who do we think will go for the title? Nicki, if not called up? Be fun watching Shayna try to ground her. Start a build for Candice?
    I assume the next tapings are done, but I won't be looking at those results.

The North American title has their competitors already in place. Drew will probably come back to face Black for the NXT title.

Undisputed Era I guess will be involved in a feud with Pete Dunne/Moustache Mountain, with Roddy taking the place of Cole.

Once again I'm thinking it'd be great if promotions at work were the same as NXT.
    "Ember, Andrade, Authors of Pain, you all failed at your assigned tasks so we're going to promote you".

Meant to say last week that I had to laugh at Mauro really trying to get the point across that War Machine were now known as War Raiders.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,085 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Once again I'm thinking it'd be great if promotions at work were the same as NXT.
    "Ember, Andrade, Authors of Pain, you all failed at your assigned tasks so we're going to promote you".

Meant to say last week that I had to laugh at Mauro really trying to get the point across that War Machine were now known as War Raiders.

Was Owens the only champion from NXT to be called up?

Think they should try it with someone else just to change it up a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Pentecost

J. Marston wrote: »
    Was Owens the only champion from NXT to be called up?

Think they should try it with someone else just to change it up a bit.

Paige also

Asuka relinquished the title as well

So since the shakeup was about exchanging superstars, I have to ask why NXT didn't get anyone in exchange for Almas, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Ricochet, EC3 and War Raiders have all just had tv debuts. I guess you could count them as replacements. NXT is the starting point though from WWE’s point of view, so no trade needed. It’s properly separate from Raw and SD. I feel like they could’ve had Sanity just hit the ring for their debut and start with an impact rather than a simple graphic. Almas/Vega getting a vignette was alright though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So since the shakeup was about exchanging superstars, I have to ask why NXT didn't get anyone in exchange for Almas, etc.

And there’s plenty of dead wood on the roster they could easily have sent a few down to help fill the roster with more experienced wrestlers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Loughc wrote: »
    And there’s plenty of dead wood on the roster they could easily have sent a few down to help fill the roster with more experienced wrestlers.

NXT is all about the buzz of people who are 'new'. I don't think dead wood would help there.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Ricochet, EC3 and War Raiders have all just had tv debuts. I guess you could count them as replacements. NXT is the starting point though from WWE’s point of view, so no trade needed. It’s properly separate from Raw and SD. I feel like they could’ve had Sanity just hit the ring for their debut and start with an impact rather than a simple graphic. Almas/Vega getting a vignette was alright though.

I know it's a starting point but storywise, it seems NXT just gave away their talented performers with nothing in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

DM_7 wrote: »
    NXT is all about the buzz of people who are 'new'. I don't think dead wood would help there.

Look at what was done with Tyson Kidd in NXT though, coming out of NXT was the only time in his career he had any buzz

Nobody gives a damn about Ziggler on the main roster for instance, he'd be great for someone like Velveteen Dream to face

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DM_7 wrote: »

But they wouldn’t be dead wood in NXT. They could be given a pivotal spot and built up to the point where the audience cares about them again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

When NXT have just put on that PPV show I can't see any reason to have it as a place to rejuvinate performers.

Young guys like Drew or ECIII can go away and make themselves valuable.

When they can keep the shows genuinely fresh by turning over new talent they should keep doing it. Any attempt to put tired performers in there would make NXT look second rate.

Right now they have something great going but moving people worthy of term dead wood to NXT in 2018 would damage it.

NXT this week promoting their women, but still some I can't take seriously, like Aaliyah and Vanessa Borne. I do like the intimidation Shayna brings. Wonder who'll dethrone her. Any time I'm trying to remember Dakota Kai's name, I keep getting mixed up with Cobra Kai.

As for the main event, better it went that way than have Johnny lose another title match. Though when was Black planning on going to the ring if he was outside?

Bianca Belair showing her strength again. And storyline carried on into that match made it acceptable result.

Dakota is getting a lot of exposure lately, if only to help sell Shayna's intimidation. Speaking of Shayna, surprised Kairi's opponent was left with such a similar name and Alexa's former gimmick.

Guess it's not Moustache Mountain helping Pete after all. And Undisputed Era will need to update their logo.

As for Kona Reeves, I think the promo videos shouldn't have mentioned how he's back. I don't remember him from before and I don't think too many do. He wouldn't be the first guy to disappear from tv and come back repackaged.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not been following much recently, but whats the card looking like for the next Takeover?

The last Takeover card only really took shape 2 or 3 weeks out from the event so maybe find out on the next couple of weeks.
    I haven't read any of the taping results so there may be some hint there of what matches we'll have.

This week had Velveteen Dream vs Richochet. It was slow moving and one part seemed very choreographed with how slow they were going through each motion. But seems it was just building to the ending and setting up next week's match

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭ThePott

So there's 5 matches normally, haven't looked at the tapings but
    at the moment the card they look like they're teasing is:
    • Gargano vs. Ciampa 2, could be a Chicago street fight based on the location.
    • Ricochet vs. Dream has been building too. So I've got to imagine that's the feud.
    • After Lars interfering and mentioning the NXT title so many times and commentary putting it over so much I'm assuming that will be Black's match.
    • The women's match seems kinda weird cause they keep looking at Dakota Kai and how afraid she is of Shayna but they haven't really had much interaction worthy of a feud. Nikki Cross showed up again lately telling Kai to face her fear. Lots of time to build up the proper feud yet but I would be surprised if Kai and Shayna was the match. Wouldn't mind a multi-woman match with Kai, Kairi, Nikki and Shayna but they don't do multi-women title matches that often.
    • Not sure what the tag match is going to be. War Raiders maybe, although it seems a little early. Lorcan and Burch?
    • Surely the North American title is going to be defended too, not sure who that could be. Possibly Dunne.
    As Castor Troy said, sometimes these feuds start up last minute but so far I'm only positive about two of those matches. Surely EC3 won't be left off so recently after debuting.

They're also at the point now where 4 of the usual 5 matches could be taken up by titles. Hard to call still, lots of solid possibilities though.

Was there a rumour that Chicago could be a Wargames event? Maybe putting the TUE against people could condense the card so as not to include the North American or Tag titles.

Anyone else have an idea of the card?

Or for that matter does anyone have any thoughts about NXT Brooklyn, cause I'll be at that one so would love an idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

have a feeling we will see DIY back together in a year or 2 maybe on the main roster

this current storyline is Awsome and both guys have bright futures

• Registered Users Posts: 23,085 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ricochet's flip and land was spectacular.

Pfft, sure that's how I always enter a room

https://twitter.com/WWEPR/status/1002035761636610050

Enjoyed the women's match as well as the post match.

Maybe I just didn't notice in Impact, but EC3 is looking massive.

So Takeover card so far:

Johnny Gargano vs Tomaso Ciampa in a Chicago Street Fight
    Aleister Black vs Lars Sullivan for NXT Title
    Ricochet vs. Velveteen Dream
    The Undisputed Era (Kyle O'Reilly and Roderick Strong) vs Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch for tag titles

And likely to have
    Nikki Cross vs Shayna Baszler for the women's NXT title.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

So Takeover card so far:

Johnny Gargano vs Tomaso Ciampa in a Chicago Street Fight
    Aleister Black vs Lars Sullivan for NXT Title
    Ricochet vs. Velveteen Dream
    The Undisputed Era (Kyle O'Reilly and Roderick Strong) vs Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch for tag titles

And likely to have
    Nikki Cross vs Shayna Baszler for the women's NXT title.

Ricochet vs Velveteen Dream has potential for a MOTY spot. Dream could be a legit superstar, great find from WWE. Ricochet is just awesome.

Gargano vs Ciampa should be great, expect some tomfoolery to happen to cost Gargano. I'm expecting Ciampa to beat Black for the NXT Title somewhere down the line, Gargano probably feuds with someone else. Then Gargano vs Ciampa for NXT title with Gargano getting the title.

I'm expecting either Candice to turn heel to cost him or EC3 seen as Gargano ran out during his match this week. I'm going more for the EC3 route. Gives Gargano someone to feud with for a Takeover or two.

Black and The Undisputed Era matches feel like filler as does the Baszler match, still believe Kairi will take the title from her at Summerslam weekend Takeover. Which will lead hopefully down the line to a heel Io Shirai vs face Kairi at the takeover at WM weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Looper007 wrote: »
    Ricochet vs Velveteen Dream has potential for a MOTY spot. Dream could be a legit superstar, great find from WWE. Ricochet is just awesome.

Gargano vs Ciampa should be great, expect some tomfoolery to happen to cost Gargano. I'm expecting Ciampa to beat Black for the NXT Title somewhere down the line, Gargano probably feuds with someone else. Then Gargano vs Ciampa for NXT title with Gargano getting the title.

I'm expecting either Candice to turn heel to cost him or EC3 seen as Gargano ran out during his match this week. I'm going more for the EC3 route. Gives Gargano someone to feud with for a Takeover or two.

Black and The Undisputed Era matches feel like filler as does the Baszler match, still believe Kairi will take the title from her at Summerslam weekend Takeover. Which will lead hopefully down the line to a heel Io Shirai vs face Kairi at the takeover at WM weekend.

Yeah, as soon as Gargano came out during the EC3 match I figured he will cost Johnny the streetfight.

Some of the NXT roster are at the download festival this weekend

Bit odd they will be flying back to the usa after this and then some will be flying back for the 18th/19th UK tournament shows

Was funny seeing TM61 coming in the door in the background of the Lars training bit, seeing what was going on and leaving again.

Reaction from Shayna when Nikki faked attacking her was cool. I've said before, but I'll admit to not liking Shayna when she was in the tournament, thinking she just got to the final due to who she was. It may be true but she has grown into a good heel.

NXT must have the best male and female heels in WWE with Shayna and Ciampa. Both get booed due to their characters and actions. No cheap "Your town sucks" heat

Was funny seeing TM61 coming in the door in the background of the Lars training bit, seeing what was going on and leaving again.

Reaction from Shayna when Nikki faked attacking her was cool. I've said before, but I'll admit to not liking Shayna when she was in the tournament, thinking she just got to the final due to who she was. It may be true but she has grown into a good heel.

NXT must have the best male and female heels in WWE with Shayna and Ciampa. Both get booed due to their characters and actions. No cheap "Your town sucks" heat

Prob Siad here loads of times bit It's the small full sail capacity crowd that makes this character's and that's why some don't transition well on the main roster

Personally not a huge fan of the NXT fans, Bit condescending, grown men doing stupid dances/taunts and the stupid remarks but they add life to the show.

• Advertisement

But even then, you had the Ciampa/Gargano match at the last Takeover and Ciampa didn't need music. Was a much bigger venue but the boos and jeering were non stop.

Advertisement