Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

“Ready-to-Go” site for 43 houses in Carrickmines (Blackberry Hill)

Options
  • 07-04-2014 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

A site was sold last summer on the Glenamuck Road, Carrickmines beside the new Knockree New Gen homes development.

Passing by yesterday I see that the site is currently being cleared so construction will soon be underway, I hope!!!

http://photos.myhome.ie/media/1/6/9/2565961/8c9389abc8.pdf

Anyone know who the developer is.

Would love to find out a bit more about the development.

i.e. how much will the houses be going for and when will they be ready?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I'd be interested in this also, seems like alot of land around there and likely they'll build houses around there. decent location i think, hopefully they'll build proper houses and not sh!tbox apartments (ones around the corner the roof blew off a few years ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Based on the above planning application, they will be houses. Knockree were advertised at 500k ish but you can see on myhome.ie that some sold for substantially less. I hope the developer will be reasonable and not be looking for 600k for a 4 bed semi.

4 bed semi in Cabinteely Park went sale agreed at 475K last week. It didn't look like the house had been decorated since it was built in the 80s. So I wouldn't be too hopeful that these houses well be all that affordable.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭ted1

if they are new builds the property price register doesn't show the VAT.

so if looking at prices for new builds ensure to VAT

Based on the above planning application, they will be houses. Knockree were advertised at 500k ish but you can see on myhome.ie that some sold for substantially less. I hope the developer will be reasonable and not be looking for 600k for a 4 bed semi.

4 bed semi in Cabinteely Park went sale agreed at 475K last week. It didn't look like the house had been decorated since it was built in the 80s. So I wouldn't be too hopeful that these houses well be all that affordable.

i suspect they will all be €500k+ at least

• Advertisement

I read somewhere that there are more apartments in the pipeline for the Ballyogan road just round the corner.

I read somewhere that there are more apartments in the pipeline for the Ballyogan road just round the corner.

The last thing that area needs is apartments, with fields all around them.

New sign up there yesterday. The Blackberry Hill development in Carrickmines to be launched in Early September 2014. Interest can be placed with Kelly Walsh. Same developers as Knockree. Knockree were on the market at 500k last year so methinks it will be more for Blackberry Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Anka

Any update on Blackberry Hill lately?

I heard that they had to reapply for planning back in April, so a bit of a delay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

Hi, anyone any idea on what's going on with this development? Seems a long time in the making with nothing but silence to complement the delays.

This develomoment is launching next Saturday starting at €650,000 for mid terraced house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

morrga wrote: »
    This develomoment is launching next Saturday starting at €650,000 for mid terraced house.

Yikes! Do you know the size and energy rating for that money?

Yikes! Do you know the size and energy rating for that money?

223 square metres and A3 energy rating.

morrga wrote: »
    223 square metres and A3 energy rating.

price seems reasonable imo

price seems reasonable imo

Agree they're very large and economical energy wise. I personally think its a little pricey for the location if anything, but thats probably just because its not where I personally would like to live (bit too far out for my tastes).

Actually I've just checked the ad on Myhome.ie and the houses at €650k are 208m squared, and the ones at 223m squared are starting at €695.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

€3000 a square metre for a mid terrace house less than 100m from the M50, 16km from the city centre & nearly 3km from the nearest grocery shop.
    It would cost €3000 a month over 20 years assuming a €130k deposit.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

air wrote: »
    €3000 a square metre for a mid terrace house less than 100m from the M50, 16km from the city centre & nearly 3km from the nearest grocery shop.

Doable with 150k household income to qualify for that mortgage (something like top 5-10% of households in Ireland).

Doable for sure, but in fairness if you're in the top 5%-10% of incomes in the country I'd think you might have greater aspirations than a mid terrace beside a motorway 16km from the city.

Doable for sure, but in fariness if you're in the top 5%-10% of incomes in the country I'd think you might have greater aspirations than a mid terrace beside a motorway 16km from the city.

Exactly - for that money I'd want either a detached house or to be much closer to the city.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Doable for sure, but in fariness if you're in the top 5%-10% of incomes in the country I'd think you might have greater aspirations than a mid terrace beside a motorway 16km from the city.

Which is, in a roundabout way, my point. If they don't appeal to those that can afford them, then they're priced too highly or they shouldn't have even been built.

Agree they're very large and economical energy wise. I personally think its a little pricey for the location if anything, but thats probably just because its not where I personally would like to live (bit too far out for my tastes).

Actually I've just checked the ad on Myhome.ie and the houses at €650k are 208m squared, and the ones at 223m squared are starting at €695.

Yeah maybe you're right, only comparable might be College Square - it's on the edge of Terenure so Templeogue really but at least it's only about 6km from city centre. They're 1,900-2,000 square feet and about €690k.

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/college-square-terenure-dublin-6w/3210137

So looking at that, out in Carrickmines it does seem a bit pricey.

Yeah maybe you're right, only comparable might be College Square - it's on the edge of Terenure so Templeogue really but at least it's only about 6km from city centre. They're 1,900-2,000 square feet and about €690k.

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/college-square-terenure-dublin-6w/3210137

They're particularly interesting as they've been coming onto the market in phases over the past few years so there should be some real data on the PPR of the prices achieved.

I'd take the slightly smaller size for only being adjoining on one side and being sooo much closer to town.

I've a 3 bed duplex myself and would love to trade up to something like that over the next few years - only watching the market out of interest at the moment. Would suit me down to the ground for prices to stay steady :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I was going to rag on the development a little but the more I look at it the more I realize I only dislike it for 3 reasons. No nearby parks, too close to the M50 for comfort and semi-d. The Semi-D thing really annoys me, these are premium houses. Why semi-d? Now they are competing against detached houses in better areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Here's the link..
    Blackberry Hill

<<Sorry, didn't see earlier post>>

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Close to mountains and sea, Luas is very close. Cherrywood will be ready in a few years so there's 3 new parks, more schools, shopping centre etc. There are plans to upgrade the Luas to a metro, believe it or not plenty of people have no interest in going near the city and the suburbs suit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

ted1 wrote: »
    Close to mountains and sea, Luas is very close. Cherrywood will be ready in a few years so there's 3 new parks, more schools, shopping centre etc. There are plans to upgrade the Luas to a metro, believe it or not plenty of people have no interest in going near the city and the suburbs suit them.

It's not about suburbs versus city; it's about the cost of the suburbs when measured against the amenities available. At the moment, the defining feature of these 650k houses is that they're in an absolutely terrible location. They're six kilometres' driving to get to the sea, seven or eight kilometres to the beginnings of the Wicklow mountains, and the Luas is a kilometre away along roads which really aren't designed for walkers. Buying there more or less guarantees that you're going to be driving pretty much everywhere for the next three decades of your life. Going by the architectural drawings, the gardens are going to be quite small, and the location means you're going to be driving your kids most places as well.

I accept that I may be in a minority on this, but I really don't find them appealing.

ted1 wrote: »
    It's about 15mins walk to the Ballyogan Wood Luas stop & the walk includes crossing 4 lanes of traffic with no lights or pedestrian crossing.
    The luas has about half the frequency beyond Sandyford & is very slow beyond SF. Minimum 1hr to Stephens green via luas excluding waiting time.
    Nearest pint of milk or beer 3km away at Leopardstown Valley.
    It's a wholly car dependent development.

It's not about suburbs versus city; it's about the cost of the suburbs when measured against the amenities available. At the moment, the defining feature of these 650k houses is that they're in an absolutely terrible location. They're six kilometres' driving to get to the sea, seven or eight kilometres to the beginnings of the Wicklow mountains, and the Luas is a kilometre away along roads which really aren't designed for walkers. Buying there more or less guarantees that you're going to be driving pretty much everywhere for the next three decades of your life. Going by the architectural drawings, the gardens are going to be quite small, and the location means you're going to be driving your kids most places as well.

I accept that I may be in a minority on this, but I really don't find them appealing.

Agree with this. I wouldnt describe it as being near the sea by any stretch, its on the western edge of south dublin.

The Luas isnt really particularly near when you consider the rather trecherous walk to get it it, and even then you've a long enough journey into the city.

I bought a smaller place in Stillorgan, and being on the origional stretch of Luas line was a huge selling point for me. It comes about every 6 minutes and I know I'll be in Stephens green in 25 mins or less. Thats huge.

In my view you pay a premium to buy near good amenities and services. this looks like paying a premium before those facilities even exist. This shouldn't command a premium price.

• Advertisement

Anyone attend the launch today?

Advertisement