Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It got up to 23.4C in Castlebar today, the temperature has been yo-yoing between 20 and 23C for most of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Lovely evening down in West cork, pure blue skies, no breeze and warm and about 20 degrees still.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Been grey and overcast all day in Firhouse Dublin 24.
    Not been cold per se, but a bit miserable in comparison to yesterday's amazing sunshine.
    It felt like early June!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Lovely sunny warm day here in north Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Stunning day in Cork City. Still 18c in my backgarden at 10.30, out in shorts and t-shirt still.

• Advertisement

Stunning day in Cork City. Still 18c in my backgarden at 10.30, out in shorts and t-shirt still.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

Well that was a stubborn lump of cloud, barely moved on the satellite all day so it stayed grey and overcast all day.
    At least it was dry and mild so not all bad.
    Then at 9pm the cloud broke up within minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

Is it just me or is this site turning in to a ball of ****e lately?

Edit: i use the touch site so not sure if the desktop site is giving trouble also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Such a rarity these days to have 3 beautiful days for the weekend, the west was the place to be, if only we could be guaranteed a few more weekends like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

lolie wrote: »
    Is it just me or is this site turning in to a ball of ****e lately?

Edit: i use the touch site so not sure if the desktop site is giving trouble also.

I use the desktop version on the phone and it is throwing up database errors.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

next two days look fairly warm, low to mid twenties in many areas, hopefully we will get more luck with sunshine tomorrow and Tuesday.

fmiuk-41-27-0.png?09-19

fmiuk-41-51-0.png?09-20

Still warm across southern half of the country on Wednesday then normal service from Thursday with cooler air across the country.

arpegeuk-41-76-0.png?09-18

There may be a few showers over the next few days but the thunderstorm activity mostly confined to mainland UK, it could get fairly explosive there over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Lovely day again up here, we were down exploring around Donegal Bay all day and had plenty of warm sunshine and for once no wind, not even a sea breeze. Nice clear view looking across the bay towards Benbulben earlier with the sea nearly like glass

IMG-20200809-155429.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,059 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Islands were beautiful over the weekend , Inisheer below

Athenry at 24.0c highest temp today, just ahead of Moore Park (Fermoy) at 23.9c.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Thick fog in Kildare this morning, 14°c

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Thick fog in Kildare this morning, 14°c

Nice enough day in Donegal again, feeling warm and humid with milky sunshine on and off all morning

Nice enough day in Donegal again, feeling warm and humid with milky sunshine on and off all morning

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A good bit cloudier so far in Castlebar today compared to the last two days, still nearly 22C though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Very cloudy here in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Very warm in south mayo
    Cloudy though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

This forum is going to the dogs lately. Keep getting locked out of my account and it is near impossible to get back in again (which I eventually did after about 50 attempts) and even when logged back in, keep getting 'error' messages every second attempt when trying to go back a page to read older posts. The forum is becoming more of a chore than an enjoyment lately because of it.

New Moon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another grey, murky disappointing day, not a glint of sunshine here since Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭alentejo

Tis like a warm November day in Dublin. Very dark!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

Just had to turn the lights on, heating on is next!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,876 ✭✭✭pauldry

degsie wrote: »
    Just had to turn the lights on, heating on is next!

Have to turn the heating OFF in the West

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Another lovely day in West cork, about 22/23 degrees and warm. A bit more hazy then the previous day's but a lovely day none the less

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Standard rubbish Irish summer day in Dublin.

yet another very dissapointing spell of summer weather for Ireland which is more or less a bust at this stage. Saturday was a lovely day but it's back to normal service since yesterday, today is crap altogether, 16C and moderate rain.

The next few days show temperatures into the low twenties with sunny spells but i'll believe it when I see it!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Beautiful breeze here in West Clare, few mackerel breaking the water chasing sprat off Liscannor pier.
    The water's cleared and the beaches are open again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement