Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Omackeral wrote: »
    You're right, needs more Shane McMahon.

In fairness at least Shane O Mac can still go when called upon in the ring. Bischoff hasn't been relevant since 2003. His knowledge of the modern day product was so bad he was fired within 2 weeks from the big league WWE this year.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Bischoff looks like an oompah loompa and Jericho is still great to listen to when you let him go to town on someone

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

ricero wrote: »
    In fairness at least Shane O Mac can still go when called upon in the ring.

Why would he be called upon? There's no need for it at all. They've one of the best rosters of athletes at their disposal ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,280 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Omackeral wrote: »
    Why would he be called upon? There's no need for it at all. They've one of the best rosters of athletes at their disposal ever.

Well considering a retired ex american football kicker with the ultimate retired dad body knocked out the the the wrestler with longest reign as champion and face of NXT for pretty much the last 2 years that say all about how the WWE think of the best rosters of athletes at their disposal ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Well considering a retired ex american football kicker with the ultimate retired dad body knocked out the the the wrestler with longest reign as champion and face of NXT for pretty much the last 2 years that say all about how the WWE think of the best rosters of athletes at their disposal ever.

An american football who trained his whole life to kick a ball accurately and powerfully kicked a prone wrestler in the head with a clear shot. Says absolutely nothing about what they think of their roster. He should be knocking him out if getting to kick him in the head.

Got my attention, going about a storyline in a different way, starting it on a podcast and translating it to tv. Real life stuff, i really like it, two people disliking each other and one gets a perfecr cheap shot and knocks him out. Was great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

901K for Dynamite, their highest rating since March.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Another really enjoyable Dynamite this week. Its a pity that when Orange spoke it wasn't in front of a live crowd as they would have popped.

Darby vs Mox was a great match and made Darby look strong even when loosing.
    I hope they go with a draw/time limit with Cody vs Sky which can lead to a rematch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

"Wrestling needs to be a more realistic sport"

Punter punts

"not like that"

They really can't win sometimes....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Another really enjoyable Dynamite this week. Its a pity that when Orange spoke it wasn't in front of a live crowd as they would have popped.

Darby vs Mox was a great match and made Darby look strong even when loosing.
    I hope they go with a draw/time limit with Cody vs Sky which can lead to a rematch.

Hadn't even thought of that as an option - would actually be very happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

They could also go the route of Cody properly cheating to win - he is starting to do the odd heelish thing (which Arn doesn't like) so cheating could have sky pissed off and demanding a rematch and Arn being willing to give it to him - then build to the rematch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Cody cheating to get the prick victory over Sky would be perfect, as you said he has been throwing some heel mannerisms in recently, especially during the Kingston and Warhorse matches.

Speaking of Kingston I wonder is a rekindling with LAX in the works at some stage?

901k up against Baseball & Basketball is a pretty damn good number.

Cody cheating to get the prick victory over Sky would be perfect, as you said he has been throwing some heel mannerisms in recently, especially during the Kingston and Warhorse matches.

Speaking of Kingston I wonder is a rekindling with LAX in the works at some stage?

Yea they could have Cody trying to put Sky away but he keeps kicking out which eventually leads to cheating win for Cody. Then sky demands a rematch but has to earn it over the few weeks etc, then eventually faces Cody and takes the title

How about do the draw on TV, then have the rematch at the ppv. That's where Cody turns heel to screw him for the win. You've made a star out of Sky and given Cody's heel turn a proper spotlight.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

901k up against Baseball & Basketball is a pretty damn good number.

And the odd thing is on paper the show didn’t look great but it worked. It was thoroughly entertaining.

The worry for WWE is if AEW can do that audience on an average show card imagine what a hyped up card will pull in.

Everything is really beginning to click. I’m still not buying Moxley as champ but he had a hell of match this week. And Ryder does nothing for me.

The commentary and production is just refreshing to watch after the Zoomy zoom cut away episodes of Raw.

NXT was up too, interestingly. Biggest combined audience for the two shows since February.

Maybe the baseball / NBA audience are flipping over to the wrassling during commercials?

There has been a big shake up at TNT by Warner and the AEW main backer and the guy who signed the show to TNT is now gone.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

There has been a big shake up at TNT by Warner and the AEW main backer and the guy who signed the show to TNT is now gone.

I can’t see any problems here.

Surely TNT have got to be delighted with the ratings?

And it’s 2 hours live content fully produced content that most networks would kill for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭ThePott

I don't think it's too big a deal really. Most of the restructuring from my understanding was to put more emphasis on HBO Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Can't believe this wasn't shown on AEW Dynamite this week!

The 'Murderhawk Monster' Lance Archer and Jake 'The Snake' Roberts vignettes are awesome!!

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1291872235297398789?s=19

• Advertisement

They only have two hours a week of TV they are using social media to get eyes on there YouTube shows and other social media outlets.

Of that two hours nearly 30 minutes of it is add breaks in the States.

They have a deep roster now and need to rotate a lot of it.

They only have two hours a week of TV they are using social media to get eyes on there YouTube shows and other social media outlets.

They have a deep roster now and need to rotate a lot of it.

Maybe so but that should of 100% been on AEW Dynamite!

Yeah that easily could have gone on the show. Both the Cody/Cardona and the Best Friends tag matches went over ten minutes. Chop a minute from both.

With regards to the Cody/Sky match ive a feeling if anyone turns heel they will do it with Sky (even though Cody would be the better heel)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

With regards to the Cody/Sky match ive a feeling if anyone turns heel they will do it with Sky (even though Cody would be the better heel)

my guess scu turns on sky and cody heel turn is still a while away

Frankie K really has been flying under the radar. He's a good worker and just looks naturally heelish. Would be a solid addition to any heel group.

sky88 wrote: »
    my guess scu turns on sky and cody heel turn is still a while away

Yea that could work, since SCU have been just floating around since they lost the tag titles.
    Neil3030 wrote: »
    Frankie K really has been flying under the radar. He's a good worker and just looks naturally heelish. Would be a solid addition to any heel group.

Yea maybe they could have SCU take out Sky, he is off TV for a few weeks, comes back maybe gets backed up by Cody, leads to a tag match Cody/Sky vs SCU then a rematch with Cody vs Sky for the title which Sky wins the belt, followed by a Cody heel turn

Night 2 of the AEW Women's Tag Team Cup

Veda and Tony again on comms, I really hope they keep Veda.

Again the two matches tonight were better than I was expecting.

Big Swole & Lil' Swole (Nicole Savoy former Shimmer champion) vs Leva Bates and Rache Chanel

Madusa interrupts the draw and...

Dasha Gonzalez (gets her wish )and Rachael Ellering vs Diamante and Ivelisse.

Dasha Gonzalez can really go!Was hugely impressed and hope we see more of her in the ring!

• Advertisement

Dark matches for tonight again showing it might be one of the best wrestling shows around.

Penelope Ford vs. Rachael Ellering
    Kip Sabian vs. Michael Stevens
    Rey Fenix vs. Lee Johnson
    Shawn Spears vs. Alex Chamberlain
    SCU vs. The Butcher and The Blade
    The Natural Nightmares vs. The Hybrid 2
    Private Party vs. Brian Pillman Jr. and Griff Garrison
    Billy and Austin Gunn vs. Shawn Dean and M’Badu
    Jurassic Express vs. Aaron Solow, Corey Hollis and Pineapple Pete

Advertisement