Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to watch vintage movies online.

• 04-08-2020 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Hi all as above really.
    1930's - 60's

Use YT a bit but lots of films are clipped.
    TCM seems to be gone

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Not sure about websites but the Classix app has loads of them

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Internet Archive: https://archive.org/details/movies

BFI player as well probably has some older titles.

Criterion Films seems to be only available in the US, but might be accessible via a VPN service.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭jamesbil

Thanks,
    I use Archive a bit but a lot are terrible quality.
    Will try BFI
    Can't find the Classix app, is it on Android?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I watch most of my classic movies on Apple TV or Google Play. The selection is very good although it is usually 2.99 or 3.99 for the rental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Talking Pictures on Sky 328. Available on Freeview too I understand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Talking Pictures on Sky 328. Available on Freeview too I understand.

I'd never heard of this one, thanks for sharing :) They have a website with monthly schedules and highlights. They're also on Virgin 445, Freesat Channel 306, Freeview Channel 81, or Youview Channel 81.

Most of my TV viewing is through streaming or catchup services so I was entirely unaware of this. Must go and retune the freeview receiver in ny TV and see if I can get it.

Advertisement