Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HKC VS Siemens App Discussion Stickey Temp

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes Vanderbilt is lan connection only . We use TP Links or Wireless adapters. They work fine.
    GSD is a good alternative & an easier cleaner install.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Will probably go with GSD then. But are you stuck paying them monthly to have the mobile phone app functionality?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No monthly payments and no charge for the apps

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Aaron Doyle

Hi all new to this , I recently moved into a apartment and there is a securewatch alarm how do I set the alarm going to bed , I'm not sure what the difference between pasrt set A. And part set B is , can anyone help me please and thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Hi all new to this , I recently moved into a apartment and there is a securewatch alarm how do I set the alarm going to bed , I'm not sure what the difference between pasrt set A. And part set B is , can anyone help me please and thanks

Should be 0 hash 7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Aaron Doyle

Drifter50 wrote: »
    Should be 0 hash 7

Thanks very much yes it's says 0#7 is part set A, and also says 0#8 part set B , tell me if I'm correct would part set B , be that I could open the windows and part set A means wi downs and doors are armed

Thanks very much yes it's says 0#7 is part set A, and also says 0#8 part set B , tell me if I'm correct would part set B , be that I could open the windows and part set A means wi downs and doors are armed

If you dont have engineer access to check the settings its just try it and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭galteeboy

Recently bought a bungalow and is not wired for alarm. Contacted a company about a wireless alarm but they recommended a wired system due to the wireless contacts been more expensive and also having to replace batteries in them however i dont really want to have to chase walls to hide the cables and definitely dont want cables visible. Is the cost difference between wired and wireless systems really that much?
    Any companies in South Tipp are that would recommend, havent had time to read through the thread but have heard that companies like phonewatch are a no go.

Wireless shouldn't be that different if there was to be a lot of hard wiring involved.
    How many wireless devices are you looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭galteeboy

KoolKid wrote: »
    Wireless shouldn't be that different if there was to be a lot of hard wiring involved.
    How many wireless devices are you looking at?

Would be 3 door contacts, 13 window contacts, pir in hallway and 2 key pads. Got a quote for both and wasnt much in the difference really. Phonewatch wouldn't even quote for window contacts as they say gardai dont respond to window sensors only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

galteeboy wrote: »
    Would be 3 door contacts, 13 window contacts, pir in hallway and 2 key pads. Got a quote for both and wasnt much in the difference really. Phonewatch wouldn't even quote for window contacts as they say gardai dont respond to window sensors only

Phonewatch are as usual telling lies.
    There is nothing at all about what sensors the Gardai will or will not respond to in their Intruder Alarm response documentation.

Did they by any chance mention as well that they have 2 Garda cars in each Garda station on standby and their sole duty is to respond to Phonewatch activations ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Hi folks,

My parent's alarm is a fully wired system and recently the dialler has stopped working and it's due an update at 15 years old.

I want to go the self-install route I've installed a few Siemens alarms (SPC4320) so my default thought was to go for one of these, however I have read that the HKC 10270 is also decent.

Only downsides of the Siemens system is having a wired internet connection is a bit of an issue but can be solved by using a 4g router & sim so not a big deal.

I will be replacing the control panel, comms, key pad & internal battery - everything else will remain as is.

Any opinions/guidance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Make sure all the old sensors are working. I got a few HkC wireless sensors to replace the old ones and to add to my garage which was unwired. Also if you get the SPC kit it comes with a keypad. I ended up with an extra keypad lol! I can recommend the system and the app. Very configurable and yet also parent proof once set up correctly.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I prefer a wired connection myself.

However I think the Ethernet over power adaptors work.

The other thoughts wrt the best system are well developed here on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

I have mine using a homeplug to connect to the home internet. Works fine.

Agreed that I'm leaning towards the Siemens kit, my only reservation would be in the event that the home internet connection was interrupted there would be no visibility on the alarm. I guess I can resolve that by putting a 4G router hidden somewhere and using that.

commited wrote: »
    Agreed that I'm leaning towards the Siemens kit, my only reservation would be in the event that the home internet connection was interrupted there would be no visibility on the alarm. I guess I can resolve that by putting a 4G router hidden somewhere and using that.

Vanderbilt have a plug on GSM router you could use. Also polling can be set very fast that you would be notified within a minute of comms fail.

Vanderbilt have a plug on GSM router you could use. Also polling can be set very fast that you would be notified within a minute of comms fail.

Thanks for that, my research had indicated that the GSM plug in only facilitated sms function, I must have looked at the wrong plug-in. Good idea on the polling.

commited wrote: »
    Thanks for that, my research had indicated that the GSM plug in only facilitated sms function, I must have looked at the wrong plug-in. Good idea on the polling.

No you can also use the 3g GSM for the app connection using the networks APN settings.

Thanks for all your advice so far. How do I modify the polling on the SPC4320? As I have an ethernet connection, it would be great to be notified if the internet goes down.

• Advertisement

Go into the communications menu in the browser click on edit the ATS. Then edit the ATP
    The grades of polling will be listed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

So we’ve a new HKC alarm installed and I’ve bought the app. My husband can not access it on family sharing - nothing has worked, can we actually share it or do we both need to pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭altor

So we’ve a new HKC alarm installed and I’ve bought the app. My husband can not access it on family sharing - nothing has worked, can we actually share it or do we both need to pay?

Yes you can share it on family share and it will work.

altor wrote: »
    Yes you can share it on family share and it will work.

Thanks- wouldn’t work at all so ended up paying.

On another note - how do you add or can you add different users? So I can see who set the alarm etc

Thanks- wouldn’t work at all so ended up paying.

On another note - how do you add or can you add different users? So I can see who set the alarm etc

You can add in your manager menu or through engineer mode.

altor wrote: »
    You can add in your manager menu or through engineer mode.

I’ve seen that - but how do I activate them as a separate user distinct from user 1

I’ve seen that - but how do I activate them as a separate user distinct from user 1

You need to set them up as user 2, user 3 and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

Hi, any recommendations for wired PIRs (normal / dual tec) with 4320?
    I suppose any 3rd party PIRs with Cams would't really work.

Don't mind using the Siemens ones (just a bit bamboozled by the number of different types)

am i right the SPCW120 is the only 2way RF extender and the one to go for?
    the SPC install manual says for CE compliance it can only be installed in the SPC4320.320 panel .
    only the old one-way extenders had internal antenna to be installed in keypad or panel with plastic door.
    or did i read that wrong.

Hi, any recommendations for wired PIRs (normal / dual tec) with 4320?
    I suppose any 3rd party PIRs with Cams would't really work.

Don't mind using the Siemens ones (just a bit bamboozled by the number of different types)

am i right the SPCW120 is the only 2way RF extender and the one to go for?
    the SPC install manual says for CE compliance it can only be installed in the SPC4320.320 panel .
    only the old one-way extenders had internal antenna to be installed in keypad or panel with plastic door.
    or did i read that wrong.

Global wired PIRs will work with that system.
    Yes, you would need the correct receiver to add wire free devices to that system. You can also use a quick bridge with different type sensors.

• Advertisement

Advertisement