Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf courses allowing visitors ?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭franglan

gypsy79 wrote: »
    And a range card can be got for the exact price of your bucket. So anyone can just walk up

Can a range card allow you to pay and play the course as a "member?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭gypsy79

franglan wrote: »
    Can a range card allow you to pay and play the course as a "member?"

Noooooooo, what kind of course do you think it is

Close to 600 members now. The place is jammed

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭redhill

Are any courses taking Green Fees from today, Louth/Meath region of possible? If anyone would know??

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

redhill wrote: »
    Are any courses taking Green Fees from today, Louth/Meath region of possible? If anyone would know??

Only guests of members allowed until end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Finlay Harp

redhill wrote: »

Ballymascanlan your best bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Bellewstown maybe

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

GreeBo wrote: »
    Members guests will and always should be behind other members when it comes to playing rights. There can be no argument here.
    Without members there simply are no members guests.

Agreed, I'm actually very annoyed the way things are progressing - my course in 4kms from where i work but in a different county and is 50kms from my house. Guests can play at my course but i can't.
    Timesheets are already way over subscribed so if guests are allowed, even more members won't get to play. Very frustrating and so much so, I tried to book a tee time but can't - booked solid every day. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pctrouble

Hi guys,

Does anybody know of any other courses accepting visitors?

Corballis is the only one I know of but it's a fair trek away.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

pctrouble wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Does anybody know of any other courses accepting visitors?

Corballis is the only one I know of but it's a fair trek away.
    Elm Park in Celbridge. It's a nine hole course. Iv not played it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Elm Park in Celbridge. It's a nine hole course. Iv not played it myself

Elm Green it's called and has a pitch&putt course as well, nice little course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    Elm Green it's called and has a pitch&putt course as well, nice little course
    Sorry its called Elm Hall. It's in Celbridge and you can book times on their website.
    I know Elm Green well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pctrouble

That's great, thanks so much for the replies.

Greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Sorry its called Elm Hall. It's in Celbridge and you can book times on their website.
    I know Elm Green well.

Haha yeah Brain freeze Elm park, Elm Green..got there in the end with Elm Hall lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

As a frustrated Dub, member of a club about a yard over the Kildare border, so cant play, is any club really doing weekend opens in Dublin?

Or if not, anyone doing invitationals/members with Guests that someone one here would be happy to take a fellow Boardsie out to?

PM me if theres anyone available maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭blue note

As a frustrated Dub, member of a club about a yard over the Kildare border, so cant play, is any club really doing weekend opens in Dublin?

Or if not, anyone doing invitationals/members with Guests that someone one here would be happy to take a fellow Boardsie out to?

Balcarrick have one on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Stackstown always did too. Elmgreen dont anymore. They are changing to 9 hole comps soon too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭blackwhite

According to GolfNet - St Margarets, Balcarrick, Swords, Corballis and Beech Park

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

There may be a thread for winter series and open competitions already but couldn't find it. I see Mount Juliet have a Santa singles event planned from 19th December for €45 per person. Rosslare have something similar for €35. All things being equal which one would you go for? I haven't played both so interested in thoughts of someone who has. Rosslare might be less wet if we got the rain we got this week and as its a links conditions should be better for that time of year. I am playing with 2 brothers who have not played a lot. 1 of them I haven't met in over a year so playability and enjoyment by not losing too many golf balls would also be a consideration. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    There may be a thread for winter series and open competitions already but couldn't find it. I see Mount Juliet have a Santa singles event planned from 19th December for €45 per person. Rosslare have something similar for €35. All things being equal which one would you go for? I haven't played both so interested in thoughts of someone who has. Rosslare might be less wet if we got the rain we got this week and as its a links conditions should be better for that time of year. I am playing with 2 brothers who have not played a lot. 1 of them I haven't met in over a year so playability and enjoyment by not losing too many golf balls would also be a consideration. Thanks.

Given a choice at that time of year I would pick a links course every day of the week to be honest.

Advertisement