Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Currently buying/selling a house? How is it going? READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Does anyone know what this means for things like furniture deliveries and assembly etc?

I imagine with non-essential retail closed and no visitors to your home, they won't be taking place.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Littleredcar

It’s work so it will be allowed continue it’s not visitors

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

It’s work so it will be allowed continue it’s not visitors

It's non essential retail though, and it wasn't going ahead last time.. was it?

But it’s not retail as in gathering in a store it’s delivery and economic activity

But it’s not retail as in gathering in a store it’s delivery and economic activity

What? Genuinely no idea what you're referencing in the last part. Again, was it not stopped last time, regardless of the type of retail operation. If it was non essential they weren't operating.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Does anyone know what this means for things like furniture deliveries and assembly etc?

I'd imagine deliveries will be fine. Everyone was depending on deliveries of all sorts during the first lockdown.

Assembly? Do you mean assembling furniture in your house or making the items in the warehouse?

We're due to have a freezer delivered later in the week, virgin media technician call out to hook us up with wifi to work from home, need to meet our solicitor to sign the deeds to our new house and go back to our rented apartment to move the last few bits and give it a clean. We also need a plumber for leaking downpipes :rolleyes: Hoping/assuming none of that will be affected... the apartment and our solicitor are outside the 5km radius of our new house, but moving house is pretty essential!

Seriously annoyed that we won't be physically able to shop though. There's SO much that we need for the new house and only so much that we'd be willing to buy online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,996 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

givyjoe wrote: »
    What? Genuinely no idea what you're referencing in the last part. Again, was it not stopped last time, regardless of the type of retail operation. If it was non essential they weren't operating.

We ordered online and received a washing machine and a dryer during the previous lock down.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Westieatheart

we are just hoping we can actually close next week like we planned now and move into our rental we have been paying for over 6 weeks now if they lock us down again, already paying a mortgage and rent because our purchasers delayed closing blaming the current Covid Dublin restrictions, god only knows what this will mean :(

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Glory83

Our supposedly smooth purchase is looking to fall through as vendor's solicitor is refusing to provide a purchaser’s solicitor (rather than get the official copy Land Registry instrument) is satisfied to accept a copy of the transfer on foot of which the burden was registered, the vendor’s solicitor should furnish:

A certified copy of the relevant deed of transfer, and
    His/her certificate confirming that all the covenants and conditions affecting the property are comprised in the said deed of transfer.

My solicitor is telling me the bank will refuse to drawdown if we do not have that document. Really frustrating and it seems the vendor is stubborn to cooperate although it should be to their best interest to close this sooner rather than later as we might face another lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Glory83 wrote: »
    Our supposedly smooth purchase is looking to fall through as vendor's solicitor is refusing to provide a purchaser’s solicitor (rather than get the official copy Land Registry instrument) is satisfied to accept a copy of the transfer on foot of which the burden was registered, the vendor’s solicitor should furnish:

His/her certificate confirming that all the covenants and conditions affecting the property are comprised in the said deed of transfer.

My solicitor is telling me the bank will refuse to drawdown if we do not have that document. Really frustrating and it seems the vendor is stubborn to cooperate although it should be to their best interest to close this sooner rather than later as we might face another lockdown.

There is possibly something not right there and you might be dodging a bullet. Either that or walking away may focus the Vendor's mind and you may find things fall into place.

I hope it works out for you.

• Advertisement

There is possibly something not right there and you might be dodging a bullet. Either that or walking away may focus the Vendor's mind and you may find things fall into place.

I hope it works out for you.

Many thanks. I will just wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Meraf

ElitesTeam wrote: »
    Yeah same for me. Just want an expected timeline

Hi,

I was just told by advisor today that AIB now has delay of 8 working days just to pick any documents that you sent to them for review through online system and 10 working days once they sent to underwriters.. so if you have house/apt in mind and solicitor expect substantial waiting time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Meraf wrote: »
    Hi,

I was just told by advisor today that AIB now has delay of 8 working days just to pick any documents that you sent to them for review through online system and 10 working days once they sent to underwriters.. so if you have house/apt in mind and solicitor expect substantial waiting time

Not only that, but if it takes them more than 30 days to review and sign off all your documents you will need to arrange a new salary certificate as it is now out of date, and then wait 8 working days again for them to review that.

Absolutely hair pulling stuff.

Just had our AIP extension come through with the added bonus of an increased approval amount. The catch is they (BOI) apparently want an email from our employers stating that they are not in receipt of any covid subsidies, not us, as our payslips are now clear of it.

Has anyone else been told this? Not sure (yet) if my other halfs employer is or is not any subsidy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Hi all,

It's been 30 days since drawdown of our mortgage and we haven't received 2% cashback from PTSB.

Any idea when could we expect to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Hi all,

It's been 30 days since drawdown of our mortgage and we haven't received 2% cashback from PTSB.

Any idea when could we expect to get it?

I assumed it would be at drawdown. Have you asked them? Or if you went with a broker ask them..would be interested to know if that’s a standard timeframe. We are also drawing down with PTSB in the coming days and are really going to need the 2%.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

cant26 wrote: »
    I assumed it would be at drawdown. Have you asked them? Or if you went with a broker ask them..would be interested to know if that’s a standard timeframe. We are also drawing down with PTSB in the coming days and are really going to need the 2%.

Just did a quick check on their website and they say the 2% should be in the mortgage paying account within 40 working days of draw down...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thank you.

I found the same info just now.

Need to wait another 10 days or so.
    cant26 wrote: »
    Just did a quick check on their website and they say the 2% should be in the mortgage paying account within 40 working days of draw down...

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

Got loan offer today from KBC. We’re having problems with the buyers of our property though, hopefully they’ll be sorted and they’ll sign contracts soon so we can move forward

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Got loan offer today from KBC. We’re having problems with the buyers of our property though, hopefully they’ll be sorted and they’ll sign contracts soon so we can move forward

How long did it take you to get loan offer after submitting documents?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭busylady

Glory83 wrote: »

The copy instrument only costs €40 to order from the Land Registry, though there is probably a substantial delay in these documents being issued at the moment. It really should not be a deal breaker, and the Vendors' solictor should be furnishing it. Hope you get sorted.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    How long did it take you to get loan offer after submitting documents?

12 working days

Anyone selling and finding it slow house on market 10 days have one offer from an investment company at 7 percent below estate agent estimated value and 3 percent below asking

busylady wrote: »
    The copy instrument only costs €40 to order from the Land Registry, though there is probably a substantial delay in these documents being issued at the moment. It really should not be a deal breaker, and the Vendors' solictor should be furnishing it. Hope you get sorted.

Many thanks for your advice. No idea why they said it was a deal breaker unless intentionally doing it because there is something not right with the property.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Leozord

out of curiosity, for sellers - how much (or %) does an EA asks when selling a property?

Leozord wrote: »
    out of curiosity, for sellers - how much (or %) does an EA asks when selling a property?

1.5% for us

• Administrators Posts: 53,330 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I think it's usually around a percent, but it depends on the value of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Dean3y

1.25% for me

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Smiley11

1.4% for us...got .1% knocked off for being second time sellers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Our EA rang at 12 this morning asking could we do a last minute viewing, so I agreed for 2 o clock.

Got a call at 2.20 saying he loved it and made an offer 2k off the asking price. He's an investor and wants to close in 4 weeks...

Advertisement