Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

• 28-08-2019 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭

489347.jpeg
    All set to go

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭Odelay

She’s a fair sized weapon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Thought you didn't get on with Eardly

• Registered Users Posts: 24,362 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I hate them side mowers ever since one fell off on me on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

I call a stewarts inquiry into who gets the 10k post.

I vote Reggie.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Mod note New thread for Reggie:)

Old one is here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057412449&page=667

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭davidk1394

dzer2 wrote: »
    Thought you didn't get on with Eardly

I just had an arguement with him over parts for the mower. Nothing too serious. I priced a few other places and he was the cheapest and closest aswell

davidk1394 wrote: »
    I just had an arguement with him over parts for the mower. Nothing too serious. I priced a few other places and he was the cheapest and closest aswell

Yeah he is good on price alright. Not quite as good on assembly but maybe I had him under pressure at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭jaymla627

davidk1394 wrote: »

Wouldn’t like to be buying second hand stuff of him, know of a wagon traded in with over 3000 loads done, that’s advertised as 1200 now is pretty bad form

• Registered Users Posts: 5,948 ✭✭✭emaherx

"In this house Lisa we obey the laws of physics"

https://www.businessinsider.com/edumper-121-ton-electric-dump-truck-2019-8?r=US&IR=T

Not farming related but this is pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

emaherx wrote: »
    "In this house Lisa we obey the laws of physics"

https://www.businessinsider.com/edumper-121-ton-electric-dump-truck-2019-8?r=US&IR=T

Not farming related but this is pretty cool.
    The massive machine then uses that energy to go back up the hill, but since it weighs less with no cargo, it ends up with extra energy.

i thought most quarries were holes in the ground :/

• Advertisement

ganmo wrote: »
    i thought most quarries were holes in the ground :/

They’re digging up, not down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Very same principle electric cars operate on, under deceleration the motors generate electricity. Totally sensational headline though "never uses more electricity than it generates" , but only in the specific condition that its transporting load to a net downhill, and as ganmo says most quarries are holes in the ground so you'll spend a hell of alot more time moving material to a next uphill than downhill.

Timmaay wrote: »
    Very same principle electric cars operate on, under deceleration the motors generate electricity. Totally sensational headline though "never uses more electricity than it generates" , but only in the specific condition that its transporting load to a net downhill, and as ganmo says most quarries are holes in the ground so you'll spend a hell of alot more time moving material to a next uphill than downhill.

Not quite loads of quarries on sides of mountains rock is closer to the surface

• Registered Users Posts: 5,948 ✭✭✭emaherx

Timmaay wrote: »

It was built for one quarry and it works there, they don't claim perpetual motion, dont see it being that sensational of a headline, I'm sure there are many many quarries like that one. Anyway I think it is a brilliant piece of engineering.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭tanko

Reggie. wrote: »

I mowed the second cut here on Sunday with my Contractors tractor and trailed mower. Mostly sloping ground and fairly soft and slippy. The mower was all over the place sliding on the steeper slopes.
    A mounted mower would have been a lot better in those conditions.

Pin break our tractor linkage giveaway

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Pin break our tractor linkage giveaway

Headstock snapped on the mower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Headstock snapped on the mower

On your new kverneland???

Panch18 wrote: »
    On your new kverneland???

This was a while ago. Dont like them 90 deg fold up mowers since

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

• Advertisement

Talking to a fella that just retired outta bord an mona. He says the john Deeres aren't fairing too well on the bogs

You’d get it very hard to feel sorry for bnm workers getting laid off when you see the state of machinery on offer their, noting short of disgraceful

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

What do lads reckon with regard to total cost of ownership with regard to buying new vs second hand? On machines which would be kept long term

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭hopeso

Talking to a fella that just retired outta bord an mona. He says the john Deeres aren't fairing too well on the bogs

You're worse than Geoghegan....... :rolleyes:

hopeso wrote: »
    You're worse than Geoghegan....... :rolleyes:

Well you can think what ya like but only passing on what I was told. Too much electronics in them that dont agree with the moist peat apparently.

Was told its was hard to beat the old fords and legends for dog ignorance

Interesting link and thanks for adding it. But the state of those machines is shocking. How the fook are they so bad after 1-3k hours work?
    My employer has a machine with 26k hours on it, driven by employees and it looks like it came out of the factory six months ago.

Those machines were abused.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

Lot 315 and 316 will make money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭hopeso

Odelay wrote: »
    Interesting link and thanks for adding it. But the state of those machines is shocking. How the fook are they so bad after 1-3k hours work?
    My employer has a machine with 26k hours on it, driven by employees and it looks like it came out of the factory six months ago.

Those machines were abused.

Semi state body again.....Money pissed down the drain. As Reggie said above, modern tractors aren't suited to the bog (and the abuse). An organisation like BNM, with ample workshops and workforce should be well able to maintain and refurbish the classic tractors they had for many years to come, considering the low hours and seasonal nature of the work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Are they be left outside all year long? Never stored indoors?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭mayota

jimmy G M wrote: »
    Are they be left outside all year long? Never stored indoors?

Looks like they bring in bits of them.

Advertisement