Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Iberdrola energy

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Has anyone been hassled by this lot passing your number on to factoring companies despite not issuing a final bill for gas. Unsurprisingly they owed me money on elecricity and will owe me on gas too

They owe me money. The factoring company hassling me all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gamma1

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Has anyone been hassled by this lot passing your number on to factoring companies despite not issuing a final bill for gas. Unsurprisingly they owed me money on elecricity and will owe me on gas too

They owe me money. The factoring company hassling me all the time
    Yes I have given this gang bad and good reviews in the past depending on how I was getting on with them. I am now at an all time low with them - they are failing to put me on the correct tariff since the start of the year and are thus overcharging me about 20%. Their utterances to correct the situation mean nothing. I thus advise, stay away and mea culpable for any good review I gave them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

so this lovely bunch have decided to significantly up their prices! Does that mean we can get out of the contract with them sooner without penalty, or have they provisions in the contract that allows them to change the price any time they want?!
    We're changing our energy prices on 26th July 2021

This is due to a number of market factors leading to increased wholesale prices, which are outside of our control.

Our electricity prices are increasing by 12.5% and gas prices are increasing by 8.5% on 26th July 2021.

We hope that you appreciate our efforts and commitment to transparency by keeping you fully informed about our prices.

At Iberdrola we are committed to bringing you a cleaner energy future, which is why all of our electricity tariffs are 100% green.

Thanks for being an Iberdrola customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,068 ✭✭✭✭KCross

MuffinsDa wrote: »
    so this lovely bunch have decided to significantly up their prices! Does that mean we can get out of the contract with them sooner without penalty, or have they provisions in the contract that allows them to change the price any time they want?!

Usually they can up the prices as they see fit, once they give you notice.

Your choices are suck it up until your contract expires or terminate and pay the early termination fee, which will be detailed in your contract.

You basically need to get out the contract you have and read the fine print. Its usually €50 early termination fee but you'd have to check it as they can be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭micks_address

KCross wrote: »
    Usually they can up the prices as they see fit, once they give you notice.

Your choices are suck it up until your contract expires or terminate and pay the early termination fee, which will be detailed in your contract.

You basically need to get out the contract you have and read the fine print. Its usually €50 early termination fee but you'd have to check it as they can be different.
    Price upping for phone contracts usually means you can switch penalty free. With the price increase are iberola more expensive now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,068 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Price upping for phone contracts usually means you can switch penalty free. With the price increase are iberola more expensive now?

The majority of electricity price plans give you a discount percentage off of the "Standard Variable rate".

So, your "33% discount" is still 33% after the price rise but the "Standard Variable rate" is allowed to increase from say 22c to 24c. So you now have 33% off of 24c instead of 33% off of 22c.

Thats normal practice in the Irish electricity market and you are still locked into that provider for the duration of your contract eventhough they have increased you effective price... unless you are willing to pay the early termination fee.

There are a few plans that give you a fixed rate for 12 months but the majority are variable. You'd need to check your contract to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Gooser14

According to an article in the Indo by Charlie Weston on 9 June 21, Energia are increasing their prices by 9.7% with effect from 8 July 21.

https://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/latest-news/eighth-energy-supplier-increases-its-prices-for-householders-40519606.html

I still havent been refunded the overcharge 4 months later

Every time I go on I get told its been processed

Finally got refund FIVE months later

Advertisement