Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iberdrola energy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gamma1

Update My situation with Iberdrola has been resolved and I look forward to now starting a new page on a positive note. Also, their rates are extremely competitive - there are larger businesses who have much higher rates and will be delighted to welcome Iberdrola as a supplier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Gamma1 wrote: »
    Went with them - definitely low rate but a disaster in terms of service and billing. Got a recent bill for 4 times of what should be. I am in dispute with them about their estimated extravagant readings. Dont touch them.

Update My situation with Iberdrola has been resolved and I look forward to now starting a new page on a positive note. Also, their rates are extremely competitive - there are larger businesses who have much higher rates and will be delighted to welcome Iberdrola as a supplier

That was a quick turnaround....Good day for Gamma1!!

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    That was a quick turnaround....Good day for Gamma1!!

Iberdrola have just renagued on cancelling my present bill - even though I had an expectation to this effect. The bill was for 1300 kWh, even though I used 250 kWh. I meter it with Smappee and their estimate represents 50% of my annual use. The Networks say they are not responsible for the ridiculous estimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Iberdrola have just renagued on cancelling my present bill - even though I had an expectation to this effect. The bill was for 1300 kWh, even though I used 250 kWh. I meter it with Smappee and their estimate represents 50% of my annual use. The Networks say they are not responsible for the ridiculous estimate.

How long are you with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 sigfridb

The only way I eventually got anything kinda sorted (it took months and I eventually ended the contract early) was to raise an official complaint through their service desk and to hassle them.

• Advertisement

How long are you with them?

Since February this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Is your meter reading lower than the estimated reading shown on your latest bill?

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Is your meter reading lower than the estimated reading shown on your latest bill?
    Yes, my meter reading if recorded would show circa 240 units as compared to an estimate of 1300. I am also following up with ESB Networks - as they might be culpable - Iberbrola being a new entrant, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

If you are a customer I strongly encourage you to check you most recent bill to see if you got the agreed discount.

My last gas bill had only 12% discount instead of 18% for which I signed on for.

If you are a customer I strongly encourage you to check you most recent bill to see if you got the agreed discount.

My last gas bill had only 12% discount instead of 18% for which I signed on for.

My rates are fine - its the ridiculous amount of estimated units that I was billed.

• Advertisement

At this point I feel I need to warn people about this provider.

My Gas bill has the wrong discount amount and customer service is giving me the run around and promises that it should be fixed with the next bill which they just now have pushed back another month.

My Electricity bill is wrong as they have charged me for units, they previously charged me for again. Instead of using the last meter reading they billed me for they are billing me for a made-up lower reading so that I am paying for units they previously already charged me for. Sure, it's only 11 units but it's the principle.

Customer service again not helpful at all.

Thanks for the warnings,
    I was going to sign up with them but thought I'd search boards first.
    Sounds like a nightmare

14 days after I logged a formal complaint and demanded that they escalate it to their Head of Customer Experience I got a "we have opened a complaint file today" (despite me having a complaint number) and a promise that the next bill will have a the a refund for the overbilling.

Next bill issued the next day and nope no refund either.

I think I am going to eat the 100€ early termination fee and switch over to Energia, seems that even with the fee I will still save 75€ a year and get decent customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Gerard93

[QUOTE=I think I am going to eat the 100€ early termination fee and switch over to Energia, seems that even with the fee I will still save 75€ a year and get decent customer service.[/QUOTE]
    Exit fee only €50

Gerard93 wrote: »
    Exit fee only €50

It's 100€ if you have dual energy (gas and electricity) as the 50€ is per fuel type.

It's 100€ if you have dual energy (gas and electricity) as the 50€ is per fuel type.

Ok my mistake ! Hope you get sorted.
    I am with them for Electricity since Feb this year so far all going well bills are produced on the reading I give prior to bill date.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭daffodill50

Awful awful company, STAY AWAY

• Registered Users Posts: 12,188 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Contract just up. Moving to another company.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

My contract will expire soon also. Can't wait to be shot of them.

A year later, and literally none of the problems I raised with them were resolved, not one email replied to, never received a call back, and customer service is appalling generally.

A truly horrendous company to deal with, and I've dealt with Eir.

I moved away from them in July willing to eat the 100€ exit fee and as Energia was offering 40€ cashback and on my usage, it would end up the same money in year a hear.

I am still waiting for my final bill.

I asked them 4 times, advising them I am not comfortable to owe them 100€ for so long and I am getting nothing back from them.

Now I am thinking to just pay it and be done with it, this is just a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭daffodill50

I moved away from them in July willing to eat the 100€ exit fee and as Energia was offering 40€ cashback and on my usage, it would end up the same money in year a hear.

I am still waiting for my final bill.

I asked them 4 times, advising them I am not comfortable to owe them 100€ for so long and I am getting nothing back from them.

Now I am thinking to just pay it and be done with it, this is just a joke.

I had to submit a lengthy complaint to get a bill - theyre by far the most atrociously run company ive ever encountered...and ive been with Eir before :confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They've not managed to generate my last electricity bill yet, weeks after leaving

Energia have sent me the same welcome letter four times - once via their accounts system online and three times in paper - so I may have just changed to the same crap elsewhere!

L1011 wrote: »
    They've not managed to generate my last electricity bill yet, weeks after leaving

I am waiting since July for my final bill so get ready for a wait.

No idea how they cannot do a final bill especially if one owes the leaving fee.

I am waiting since July for my final bill so get ready for a wait.

No idea how they cannot do a final bill especially if one owes the leaving fee.

Probably to delay the switching process?

Gerard93 wrote: »
    Probably to delay the switching process?

Nope, switching process completed without a problem.

I have resolved my metering issues with Iberdrola and am staying with them. I can now recommend them to others as I feel customer service is improved and their rates are competitive. They are also way ahead of others in terms of their use of renewable energy - wind (very big offshore), solar, H2.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Panjandrums

I have resolved my metering issues with Iberdrola and am staying with them. I can now recommend them to others as I feel customer service is improved and their rates are competitive. They are also way ahead of others in terms of their use of renewable energy - wind (very big offshore), solar, H2.

I didn't think it ever made sense to stay with the same company?
    I got a 33% discount on the unit rate and the standing charge was similar, when I switched to Iberdrola.

When it goes back up to full unit rate, I'll just move to get the next discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

I didn't think it ever made sense to stay with the same company?
    I got a 33% discount on the unit rate and the standing charge was similar, when I switched to Iberdrola.

When it goes back up to full unit rate, I'll just move to get the next discount.

This seems to be 100% true.
    Just set a reminder on your online calendar for 12 or 13 months from when you switch to a new provider and just switch again.
    All their models appear to be based on customer inertia, with zero reward for loyalty after the initial moving year.

On topic, I switched to Iberdrola 12 months ago, I have had no issues. Gas and Electricity continue to flow and I continue to Direct Debit but I am still switching, purely for the reasons outlined above.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Energia are currently cheaper and also 100% renewable. This will likely change in a years time. No point being loyal to a company if someone else is cheaper.

Several other providers are 100% renewable, what sets them apart?

• Advertisement

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Energia are currently cheaper and also 100% renewable. This will likely change in a years time. No point being loyal to a company if someone else is cheaper.

Several other providers are 100% renewable, what sets them apart?

Read this Bloomberg report and you will see their impressive investments in renewables.
    https://t.co/HrJSHX67KR?amp=1
    Also, I did a full analysis for myself (rather than the simplified analysis on switching websites) and it was the best deal for me.

Advertisement