Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Masterchef Australia 2019

Comments

Derek has grown on me in recent weeks. Seems such a nice fella with a good character.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Derek is cool guy, always got a smile.

Tough elimination coming up, shame that one of those 4 has to leave. Apart from Tim, the other 3 are major contenders to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The fig dust was clever, in fairness. The train challenge was very good, but the food didn't look very appetising...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Mr E wrote: »
    The fig dust was clever, in fairness. The train challenge was very good, but the food didn't look very appetising...

I wouldn't have got on that train for my lunch anyway! :)

Well I popper jinxed him didn't I :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

Well I popper jinxed him didn't I :(

Darn you! He had a very tough cook this time though

Ah he messed up the auction, then was too ambitious with his meal.
    To be fair, he might have won if the egg yolks stayed intact.

Mr E wrote: »
    Ah he messed up the auction, then was too ambitious with his meal.
    To be fair, he might have won if the egg yolks stayed intact.

True and he didn't even want the eggs! Though his onion sauce was bad too, would have made the decision harder but he might have still gone home

Getting near the end now! Not sure who I want to win tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭norabattie

I think at this stage it's going to be between Simon and Tessa. Really hope Simon wins though

• Advertisement

I think based on the promo at the end of the episode, the right 6 people got through to finals week. They all cooked some spectacular food throughout the season.

Haven't watched todays but that was a spectacular f up by Simon in the team challenge.

Haven't watched todays but that was a spectacular f up by Simon in the team challenge.

Agreed! How do you not notice with all you have cooked left over?!

Simon gone, definitely the right people in the mix for the finals. Now to block any masterchef related stuff from my google news feed least I get the result ruined like last year.

Simon gone, definitely the right people in the mix for the finals. Now to block any masterchef related stuff from my google news feed least I get the result ruined like last year.

I thought christina got booted in the pressure test?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

nothing wrote: »

Yip, she is gone. Probably Simon or Tessa will win now. Not the strongest of final weeks cooks compared to previous seasons.

nothing wrote: »

My brain said Christina but my fingers typed Simon :D

My brain said Christina but my fingers typed Simon :D

Wishful thinking maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭aoh

Does anyone else find a lot of the comments from the gantry / sidelines really patronising? "Come on Fred, it has to taste good". Really?!? No sh1t Sherlock

aoh wrote: »
    Does anyone else find a lot of the comments from the gantry / sidelines really patronising? "Come on Fred, it has to taste good". Really?!? No sh1t Sherlock

Think the whole shouting over the gantry is terrible. I would be looking for ear plugs!

• Advertisement

Then they whisper when they spot a mistake, maybe they aren't allowed to help?

Then they whisper when they spot a mistake, maybe they aren't allowed to help?

Presume this is the case and why all the shouts are very generic.

Yeah pick John Dorey for Tessa. That's not a bit obvious. Favourites

Well they picked a preferred ingredient for everyone, in fairness. :)

Poor anuska . Never seen her get quail. She's a dessert person. Idk felt a bit unfair. I want handsome to win anyway

I think the right person went home in the pressure test. They had been struggling for a few challenges now.

That lamington dessert looked lovely. Chocolate and raspberry is a lovely combination.

Really tough challenge, but yeah time they went home. It came down to the smallest things in the end

The finale will play out from the 21st to the 23rd.

Have to say I wasn't the least bit impressed by that press club challenge. George was too all over it leading them to cook what were blatantly prepared dishes in a restaurant he owned and was closing with a rep for underpaying staff if news reports are to be believed and he was even grating cheese finishing dishes at one stage.

At this point I'll be shocked if Larissa doesn't win and there are some tabloids questioning her tactics too but I give them little weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,013 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The finale will play out from the 21st to the 23rd.

Have to say I wasn't the least bit impressed by that press club challenge. George was too all over it leading them to cook what were blatantly prepared dishes in a restaurant he owned and was closing with a rep for underpaying staff if news reports are to be believed and he was even grating cheese finishing dishes at one stage.
    None of those dishes struck me as Press club dishes. I'd have no suspecisios that they weren’t the contestants own. George was running the pass. Grating cheese etc is what U'd be expected tbh.

“Underpaying staff”? That’s more than a little misleading. His staff were paid the wages, for the hourly rates they agree to. But in Australia casual employees are entitled to additional loading that was missing. His company self reported that they missed it, and after investigation paid millions in back pay. Most of the staff were likely unaware they were due money. I imagine there a lot of small business who just hire staff for an agree rate and don’t break it down.
    Aussie media is shocking bad at present facts honestly.

I think Nicole will go next.
    Tessa is probably the favourite overall, but if it's another Peter Gilmore dessert, you'd have to give Larissa the edge in the final dish.

I’d like to see Tim do it. Most redemption contests and sent home again in a week or two. He’s really proved he deserved it.

• Advertisement

Editing is also a factor too but that one came across as them cooking what he wanted cooked with what he wanted and certainly he shouldn't have been seen assisting albeit just grating cheese ...but in the finale though. The whole thing just felt wrong and cemented a few things I've had against him.

Advertisement