Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Orphanages in Roscommon circa 1930s

Options
  • 16-01-2012 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi, I am researching a family member who was in an orphanage in Roscommon around 1930 to 1946. There is no information as to what one it was and I would like to know if anyone out there who would have any knowledge that could help me?
    Thanks in advance.
    Joe

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

A student of mine did a thesis on child inspector records - hers was a different county but they were kept either in the HSE offices or the county library - I don't know much about these records but it would be worth you checking them out.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 46 heidiresk

depending on the child's age, they may have been in either a
    mother/baby home or an industrial school

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Dalcassian

Hi, Thank you all for your input. I have since found my relative was in an orphanage in Monaghan! I got the information from another relative and have actually been in touch with the person involved.
    Another success story for boards.ie

Three Cheers. :):):):D

Advertisement