Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

hope im right. are ya'll owe me a headbutt :o

• Registered Users Posts: 34,352 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

remember what i said about taking the battery compartment off. dont wanna go breaking the thing the day you get it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

hope im right. are ya'll owe me a headbutt :o

Darn tootin :mad: :p Nah I'm sure there's lots of variables to be taken into account, so I won't rely on it arriving tomorrow. It seems unpredictable, seeing as you're in Galway and Oisin's in Bray, yet his took 2 days and yours 1 :confused: It'll get here eventually :) IT BETTER! :mad:
    o1s1n wrote:
    remember what i said about taking the battery compartment off. dont wanna go breaking the thing the day you get it ;)

I don't remember, but I'll have a gander at the post again when I get the oul gun ;) Cheers boss

Master of the Universe

well, after scope's comment you wont be able to help but get your hopes up! maybe it WILL come tomorrow..i hope you have plenty of stuff to blast apart! flowerpots all the way.

oh, here it is again.

oh, just a note about this gun. when taking the foregrip off to put the battery in, make sure you follow these steps! (it can be a little tricky first time)

you saw the video i sent you of the guy showing the Famas, so i presume you've seen the safety switch in front of the trigger?

this switch has three settings.

1. safe. the switch is back and blocking the trigger.
    2. live. the switch is pushed forward once so you can access the trigger.
    3. you push the switch foreward once more and it goes into this setting. this releases the foregrip. make sure you do this before you try and take it off.

when putting the foregrip back on, make sure that the switch is back in position 1 again.

this took me absolutely ages to figure out! was nearly tearing my hair out at one point

start tracking with anpost.ie now that its in the country. and let us know what it says their.

• Advertisement

:eek:
    Current Status
     	ARRIVED	 	14 November 06	 

Item History

ARRIVED	PORTLAOISE OVR CO. LAOIS	14 November 06	 
     	ITEM ACCEPTED	PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE PORTLAOISE CO. LAOISE	14 November 06

Portlaoise eh? That has to make it tomorrow :)

(thanks Scope!)

dont thank me thank Ehobby asia *puts on ridiculous smile and gives thumbs up*

next phase should say "sent out for delivery" and itl be a matter of hours then giving you plenty of time to change your pants ,again :rolleyes:

Master of the Universe

its mad. as soon as you order from ehobby, you suddenly turn into an ehobby salesman. gonna happen to dave too

dont thank me thank Ehobby asia *puts on ridiculous smile and gives thumbs up*

next phase should say "sent out for delivery" and itl be a matter of hours then giving you plenty of time to change your pants ,again :rolleyes:
    istockphoto_1219332_both_thumbs_up.jpg

:D

rofl ya thats the look i was talking about [only with an ehobby t-shirt aswell :D ]
    i for 1 dont know why the other retailers even bother well except gunner and his chinease clones of course :D

• Advertisement

Current Status
     	SENT OUT FOR DELIVERY	 	15 November 06	 

Item History

[B]SENT OUT FOR DELIVERY	SANDYFORD D.S.U. DUBLIN 18	15 November 06	 [/B]
     	ARRIVED	PORTLAOISE OVR CO. LAOIS	14 November 06	 
     	ITEM ACCEPTED	PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE PORTLAOISE CO. LAOISE	14 November 06

:eek:

So. I got me delivery. :)

I'll post a review thread later :D:D:D

(suffice to say that it's awesome!)

12.00 on the nose i see ;)

Master of the Universe

another successful delivery! i take it there were no horrible added charges? ;)

I think thats implied, He bought from Ehobby after all ;)

Master of the Universe

man i think at this point ehobby should really be considering giving us commissions!

What? ya mean u havnt got yours yet? ;)

Master of the Universe

those b*stards! maybe they'll give me a free gun to make up for this insult.

No hidden charges thank god! It arrived circa 11am, but of course my first concern was "what will I shoot?" not "wait til I tell the guys!" :D lol

Kudos to eHobby Asia. Gonna leave some feedback for them. Great store.

Oisin you don't have a FAMAS review thread by any chance do you? I'll bump that if you do, otherwise I'll make my own.

Thanks for all the help fellas! Ye've helped me cope with the excitement :D

Master of the Universe

nope i dont have one actually. work away! i'd be interested in hearing what you think about it. did you fix the creakyness at all? if you havent heres how:

line the inside of the foregrip in black electrical tape where it touches the body of the gun. this stops the plastic on plastic contact and stops the creaking.

next, there is a metal pin in the bottom of the pistol grip. take that out and the cap on the bottom of the grip just pops off. this allows you into the pistol grip. theres a screw on the inside that attaches it to the body of the gun. unscrew this and it comes away. line where the grip touches the body with tape. screw back on.

creaks be gone! well 90% of them.

• Advertisement

glad your happy with it dave. With all the excitement i kinda wished i had a parcel coming for meself [hmm with christmas coming i might goad some1 into getting me that m14 ive been wanting *licks lips* or another beretta :D ]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Does anyone know if wolfarmories are any good as the prices are as fair as i've found on the british sites?

Have many people got experience of importing to Ireland and after ordering is there any hassle from customs?

It looks like the hong kong sites are cheapest but do they come with the crap orange muzzles? I'm basically looking fo the best value for money and guaranteed delivery.

wolfarmories seems to be very good and based in the UK, has anyone experience ordering from them?

Whats the delivery charge for e-hobby?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

pretty much the same as to america. i got a p90 and battery and it was $25 extra

Does it do that orange tip too?

Theres another site i looked at, tokyo central hobbies, with similar prices and options on how to ship, with varying costs.

Does it look good to anyone?

It also does wholesale discounts too, which may interest that guy in dublin selling aegs. BFSL?
    Whats his contact details?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

his number is in the "where to buy" thread.

ehobby asia does not send the guns with orange tips if they aren't going to america.

Thankyou very much :D

Suffice to say it doesnt hurt to shop around, or benefit from others experince :)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

just to let you know Motosam (i thought i heard tokyo central hobbies metioned somewhere) they are a con and run a couple of sites which have ripped ppl off.

look at the keywords for a list of sites he runs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

Crunk Thanks for the warning Eyes I found this site a couple of weeks ago and was considering putting in an order, think I'll stick with ehobby and Uncompany from now on.

• Advertisement

Jesus didnt know that, come to think of it bank to bank transfer...:eek:

Well i'm just thinkin about getting into airsoft, motorcycles are too costly these days.

I have a couple of old 1980's springers, may be antiques! But not suitable against a bunch of maniacs and their aegs...

Tell me, would wolfarmories in England be very good? they have a reduced price on p90 TR's at the moment and shipping isnt that bad.
    Would they be a good place to buy, maybe better than e-hobby?

Advertisement