Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

If you thought pubs were bad

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Might keep a job or two going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

But you can get this stuff for a fraction of the cost from an ordinary shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Your Face wrote: »
    Might keep a job or two going.

This +1. I don't see much wrong with it. Businesses need to adapt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

But you can get this stuff for a fraction of the cost from an ordinary shop.

Popcorn in the cinema is far nicer than any popcorn you buy in the shop. Especially when they pour that ‘butter’ on it.

Might order some to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

a loss making exercise considering their overheads

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Popcorn in the cinema is far nicer than any popcorn you buy in the shop. Especially when they pour that ‘butter’ on it.

Might order some to be honest.

Each to their own but I think microwave popcorn is just as nice if not better than any overpriced cinema popcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Just Eat have just made our dreams a reality.

:(

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 81,115 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

GT89 wrote: »
    Each to their own but I think microwave popcorn is just as nice if not better than any overpriced cinema popcorn

Google "popcorn lung", it put me off the stuff. The condition got its nickname because of the chemical diacetyl, a buttery flavored chemical that was commonly found in microwave popcorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

You would want to be fairly hard up now to order in that crap.

Buy a popcorn machine €20.00 if you are that pressed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

What's next Croke Park or the Aviva will start selling overpriced hot dogs and burgers on Just Eat and Deliveroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

If I'm going to get fat I'd prefer to do it drinking lots and lots of beer, not with smelly popcorn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

I sympathize with any business struggling to survive through this. Best of luck to them. Wouldn't be bothered myself.

Advertisement