Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Its about time Gemma was taken out of her echo chamber.

Leaving aside all the limitations of the Presidential campaign, she should be challenged to an open debate on the topics she attaches herself to, and not, in a public setting. It should be in a neutral venue, maybe a civic theatre some place, but not on a campus or in hotel or commercial venue and could be chaired by someone from overseas with experience of moderation, agreeable to all participants.

She could bring John Waters or Kathy Sinnott or any other of her fellow travellers to join the panel and on the other side we could have representatives from science/technology, public health, the legal sector, investigative journalism, politics etc, not even necessarily from Ireland. She could mirror them with whomever she wanted.

Let them talk it all out, let them inevitably get wound up and paranoid and enraged and accusatory and let people view it in an audience and live online and make a clear judgement for themselves. I believe the emperor would have very few garments by the end of such an event.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Nulu5 wrote: »
    There,s saying along the lines of " Extraordinary claims require Extraordinary proof ". I fully concur it was foolish of her to put up posts about " false flags " etc without much proof to back it up.

....without even a half arsed conspiracy theory to back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Nulu5

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    No one said they did.

I, for one said - and I quote:

Notice the because of part of that sentence. It's the key.

It's a far cry from wishing to discuss whether there may be an issue with extra muscle mass/testosterone give a MTF athlete an advantage over a biologically female athlete or having critical views of any religion.

As some people know Graham Linehan was invited to do a segment on Rte prime time to talk about trans related issues .

There was a twitter campaign to try have his appearance cancelled under the banner of " transphobia ". After watching his brief segment on the programme one of his comments were disagreement about someone born biologically male being allowed to compete in women,s sports and for that accusations of so called " transphobia " are made.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Its about time Gemma was taken out of her echo chamber.

Leaving aside all the limitations of the Presidential campaign, she should be challenged to an open debate on the topics she attaches herself to, and not, in a public setting. It should be in a neutral venue, maybe a civic theatre some place, but not on a campus or in hotel or commercial venue and could be chaired by someone from overseas with experience of moderation, agreeable to all participants.

She could bring John Waters or Kathy Sinnott or any other of her fellow travellers to join the panel and on the other side we could have representatives from science/technology, public health, the legal sector, investigative journalism, politics etc, not even necessarily from Ireland. She could mirror them with whomever she wanted.

Let them talk it all out, let them inevitably get wound up and paranoid and enraged and accusatory and let people view it in an audience and live online and make a clear judgement for themselves. I believe the emperor would have very few garments by the end of such an event.

One of the best posts I,ve read on this thread if Fiona and others want to challenge Gemma on her political views then it should be done in an open neutral forum with a neutral moderator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Odhinn wrote: »
    ....without even a half arsed conspiracy theory to back it up.

I've seen the usual nuts rabbit on about the NZ Government wanting to disarm their citizens so that they can establish a Communist Utopia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I've seen the usual nuts rabbit on about the NZ Government wanting to disarm their citizens so that they can establish a Communist Utopia.

The great thing about conspiracy theories is thatv he mouth breathing plebs don’t seem to care how wrong their minstrels are, prior wrong preictions are either ignored or rolled into the next wrong conspiracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

If Fiona organised a protest outside the hotel venues or gave out opposition leaflets to people at the hotel. I don,t think most people would take issue if she expressed open disagreement in that manner.

So what you are saying is Fiona shouldn't exercise her free speech as she sees fit, but rather in a manner that you deem to be acceptable?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

As some people know Graham Linehan was invited to do a segment on Rte prime time to talk about trans related issues .

There was a twitter campaign to try have his appearance cancelled under the banner of " transphobia ". After watching his brief segment on the programme one of his comments were disagreement about someone born biologically male being allowed to compete in women,s sports and for that accusations of so called " transphobia " are made.

I think you missed my point.

I clearly defined what I mean when I use the term 'phobic' and the context in which I used it in this thread.

a) I am not responsible for how others use it.
    b) I did not join the calls for Linehan to be dropped from the show. I did question his qualifications which seem to be 'bloke who has ranted about transgender people on twitter'.
    c) 'One' of Linehan's comments. Other comments include comparing transactivists to Nazis and claiming transactivists are seeking the erasure of women. So a bit more incendiary than your comment would portray him as being.
    d) There is a fecking twitter campaign about everything. Which is why I don't bother me hole with twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

One of the best posts I,ve read on this thread if Fiona and others want to challenge Gemma on her political views then it should be done in an open neutral forum with a neutral moderator.

I disagree, because debating with Fascists only legitimizes them further (in their own eyes at least) and puts them on a level platform
    Here is Dawkins explaining why a debate with creationists is not worthwhile - Transpose this argument for debating with fascists.....
    https://www.richarddawkins.net/2014/01/why-bill-nye-shouldnt-debate-ken-ham/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Like another poster said when Paul Murphy and others are on the radio I object by simply turning it off. If people want to object either don,t go to the meetings or object by protesting outside.

So you're actually opposed to certain forms of freedom of speech. That's what you're effectively saying. Right to complain to a business in a respectful fashion is exercising freedom of speech.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Zuzana11 wrote: »
    There is only one G.o.d

Any other pearls of wisdom for us?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,183 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Nothing Communist about NZ!
    Cold hard cash and a huge appetite for hard work and personal advancement is what drives them.
    Some of the current bunch of YouTube hero's that Gemma and her retinue admire wouldn''t last a month out there.

batgoat wrote: »
    So you're actually opposed to certain forms of freedom of speech. That's what you're effectively saying. Right to complain to a business in a respectful fashion is exercising freedom of speech.
    Billy86 wrote: »
    So what you are saying is Fiona shouldn't exercise her free speech as she sees fit, but rather in a manner that you deem to be acceptable?

Does she have the right to phone hotels? yes. Is going about it in that way just simple disagreement ? No its actively trying to silence someone with opposing views. Which I think its wrong to silence someone. Besides Gemma.s planned meetings from her own online posts. In the past Fiona has tried to get meetings cancelled for other people to which the hotels didn,t listen to her.
    Right to complain to a business in a respectful fashion

As some people may or may not know left wing groups have also tried to get Irexit public meetings cancelled in different parts of the country without success. Recently they tried to do so in Kerry the hotel manager was quoted as saying to the Irish independent “It would be like Fianna Fail holding a meeting a Fine Gael calling us up and trying to get it cancelled,” . To which I agree and see it the same way he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Like another poster said when Paul Murphy and others are on the radio I object by simply turning it off. If people want to object either don,t go to the meetings or object by protesting outside.

you dont get to decide how somebody can protest

There,s saying along the lines of " Extraordinary claims require Extraordinary proof ". I fully concur it was foolish of her to put up posts about " false flags " etc without much proof to back it up.

without ANY proof

Does she have the right to phone hotels? yes. Is going about it in that way just simple disagreement ? No its actively trying to silence someone with opposing views. Which I think its wrong to silence someone. Besides Gemma.s planned meetings from her own online posts. In the past Fiona has tried to get meetings cancelled for other people to which the hotels didn,t listen to her.

As some people may or may not know left wing groups have also tried to get Irexit public meetings cancelled in different parts of the country without success. Recently they tried to do so in Kerry the hotel manager was quoted as saying to the Irish independent “It would be like Fianna Fail holding a meeting a Fine Gael calling us up and trying to get it cancelled,” . To which I agree and see it the same way he does.

And you can be as outraged as you want, it's freedom of speech to say that one is opposed to a hotel hosting Gemma. Gemma does not have an absolute right to be hosted in a hotel. Hotels don't like bad pr, Gemma is bad pr. For the record, I complained to Cork hotels in relation to Gemma being hosted because I'm from the locality. She engages in regular hate speech, I'm happy to voice my displeasure to the hotels.

Three years ago Fiona stood as an candidate in the general election. If she were to decide to stand as an candidate in the local elections. If new right wing groups were to actively try stop from holding public meetings/ actively trying to get her website and social media pages taken down. How many would view such tactics as simple disagreement ? and how many view such tactics as actively trying to silence her?

nm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Three years ago Fiona stood as an candidate in the general election. If she were to decide to stand as an candidate in the local elections. If new right wing groups were to actively try stop from holding public meetings/ actively trying to get her website and social media pages taken down. How many would view such tactics as simple disagreement ? and how many view such tactics as actively trying to silence her?

You seem to have an axe to grind here, fair enough if you "support" G.O.D and her view's, did you join boards in the past few days to stick up for her for some reason?

Seems like you are perhaps shilling at the mere mention of Gemma, a tad suspect IMO

And you can be as outraged as you want, it's freedom of speech to say that one is opposed to a hotel hosting Gemma. Gemma does not have an absolute right to be hosted in a hotel. Hotels don't like bad pr, Gemma is bad pr. For the record, I complained to Cork hotels in relation to Gemma being hosted because I'm from the locality. She engages in regular hate speech, I'm happy to voice my displeasure to the hotels.

If you re opposed to it no one is forcing you to go or attend it.

• Advertisement

They're perfectly entitled to although it would be far less likely to be successful. Since she doesn't have a history of racism, anti-semitism, being a proponent of conspiracies about people who were murdered.... Credibility and not being a far right loon tends to be beneficial.

Fieldog wrote: »
    You seem to have an axe to grind here, fair enough if you "support" G.O.D and her view's, did you join boards in the past few days to stick up for her for some reason?

Seems like you are perhaps shilling at the mere mention of Gemma, a tad suspect IMO

I,ve already said I don,t share Gemma,s view on certain issues such as claims of " false flags ops " without any proof to back it up. I oppose silencing of other people. I raised the question if someone were to do the same to Fiona to see how consistent some people are about to viewing such tactics as just simple disagreement?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I,ve already said I don,t share Gemma,s view on certain issues such as claims of " false flags ops " without any proof to back it up. I oppose silencing of other people. I raised the question if someone were to do the same to Fiona to see how consistent some people are about to viewing such tactics as just simple disagreement?

Which issues DO you agree with?

In one tweet she expressed disagreement at the idea of letting teenagers at 16 change getting a sex change. This Id agree with her on. She didn,t support repeal of the 8th last year neither did I. She opposes the idea of an open border migration policy as do I. Her views about vaccines and claims about false flags doesn,t reasonate with me.

In one tweet she expressed disagreement at the idea of letting teenagers at 16 change getting a sex change. This Id agree with her on. She didn,t support repeal of the 8th last year neither did I. She opposes the idea of an open border migration policy as do I. Her views about vaccines and claims about false flags doesn,t reasonate with me.

you will be happy to know that no such thing is proposed

Meanwhile, she's getting weirder and weirder. Catholic Church infiltrated, Zappone materialised into the nation.
    https://twitter.com/bones_indiana/status/1108781518418259969?s=21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

What is her position on apostrophes v commas?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭whippet

Does anyone know if she is in any sort of financial difficulty? I’d say that most of the people who espouse these types of views and blame all the ills of the world on ‘one world order’ type conspiracies tend to have fairly large banking debt .. to which they need to play the victim card.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,986 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Do you support her approach of calling publicly for her political enemy to be 'dealt with for once and for all'?

Are you in favour of silencing those of her opponents who choose to express their concerns to venues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Meanwhile, she's getting weirder and weirder. Catholic Church infiltrated, Zappone materialised into the nation.
    https://twitter.com/bones_indiana/status/1108781518418259969?s=21

Off her rocker.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement