Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail jobs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Waestrel

I better chase up the email, could anyone with the email PM me the number to ring in case of any questions?

Ive still received no email... can anyone help me out with a contact number?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭liv1892

Waestrel wrote:
    Ive still received no email... can anyone help me out with a contact number?

I think you have to email them there is no contact number given

liv1892 wrote: »
    I think you have to email them there is no contact number given

Can you PM the email address ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Whats the name given in the email? Pm me it if there is one. I might be able to get a number for you.

• Advertisement

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Whats the name given in the email? Pm me it if there is one. I might be able to get a number for you.

got sorted, cheers

Anybody know when we will hear back after the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

Anybody know when we will hear back after the interview?

At the electrician interview, they said they hope to make a decision before Christmas. If they haven't, they'll still contact us to let us know

wobzilla1 wrote: »
    At the electrician interview, they said they hope to make a decision before Christmas. If they haven't, they'll still contact us to let us know

Thanks I forgot to ask after my interview

Thanks I forgot to ask after my interview

Also said they were taking 6 for electrician and had invited 30 for interview so there's a 20% chance

• Advertisement

Does anyone have any idea of likely pay scales as apprentices , and then as full time sparks?

had my interview this week, went well.

wobzilla1 wrote: »
    Also said they were taking 6 for electrician and had invited 30 for interview so there's a 20% chance

Not so bad! All we can do now is wait

Waestrel wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea of likely pay scales as apprentices , and then as full time sparks?

had my interview this week, went well.

Not sure about pay going forward but they said first year is around 270 a week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

This is a bit out of date but it may give you an idea,

http://www.fas.ie/en/allowances+and+grants/apprentice+wages.htm

Anyone heard anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭brianp20

I've heard nothing yet but I was told it should be this week. I'm not sure how true that is because at the interview I was told they might not contact us until after Christmas.

brianp20 wrote: »
    I've heard nothing yet but I was told it should be this week. I'm not sure how true that is because at the interview I was told they might not contact us until after Christmas.

Probably won't until after I'd say anyway was just wondering

Still nothing! They're drawing it out a bit.

It's pretty frustrating. Hopefully we'll get word by the end of the week.

Out of interest, how do you think your interview went?

It's pretty frustrating. Hopefully we'll get word by the end of the week.

Out of interest, how do you think your interview went?

I thought I did well to be honest but as time goes on I am doubting myself. I was wondering if we did get the job would we be subsidized for travel expenses and that if we had to go a long distance would you know? How do you think you did?

• Advertisement

I thought I did well to be honest but as time goes on I am doubting myself. I was wondering if we did get the job would we be subsidized for travel expenses and that if we had to go a long distance would you know? How do you think you did?

I'm in the same boat. After the interview I was satisfied with it but now I'm wondering was I just happy because the interview was over! Doubt is creeping in and that's why the wait is so frustrating.

I'm not sure about travel expenses, I haven't thought that far yet.

I'm in the same boat. After the interview I was satisfied with it but now I'm wondering was I just happy because the interview was over! Doubt is creeping in and that's why the wait is so frustrating.

I'm not sure about travel expenses, I haven't thought that far yet.

Ya the wait is killing all hope really.

It was just something that was said to me by a friend so I said I'd ask and see if anyone knew anything. Hopefully this doesn't drag on much longer.

Ya the wait is killing all hope really.

It was just something that was said to me by a friend so I said I'd ask and see if anyone knew anything. Hopefully this doesn't drag on much longer.

I know someone that might know about the expenses so I'll try and find out later and let you.

Even if we get positive news from this interview there's still a second one to follow.

I know someone that might know about the expenses so I'll try and find out later and let you.

Even if we get positive news from this interview there's still a second one to follow.

I don't think there is because they cut it down so much from the aptitude tests to only 30 so they wouldn't have to do second interviews.

I don't think there is because they cut it down so much from the aptitude tests to only 30 so they wouldn't have to do second interviews.

I was told at the interview that it I was successful there would be a second interview. I remember my stomach sinking when they told me. Did they say different to you?

I was told at the interview that it I was successful there would be a second interview. I remember my stomach sinking when they told me. Did they say different to you?

No. Which apprenticeship were you going for?

No. Which apprenticeship were you going for?

Electrician. You?

Electrician. You?

The same.

no word for me either - dont worry lads, it'llbe along. Big wheels move slowly.

As a matter of interest, what ages are you guys? im 32, so surely I am quite old for an apprenticeship.

• Advertisement

Waestrel wrote: »
    no word for me either - dont worry lads, it'llbe along. Big wheels move slowly.

As a matter of interest, what ages are you guys? im 32, so surely I am quite old for an apprenticeship.

I'm 24

Advertisement