Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Breakfast.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I need to stop reading this thread....it has me hanging for a big dirty fry up, a rake of omelettes, pancakes and anything greasy in a bread roll. All at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Ready Brek - now there's something I haven't had since I was a chisler! I'm going to buy meself a box of it. Remember the ads where the kids had this red glow around them as they went out to school? :)

Breakfast this morning - Total 0% Greek yogurt, about a tablespoon of porridge oats, blueberries, raspberries, agave syrup and a sprinkle of mixed seeds from the little bags you get in Dunnes. Coffee, milk, Splenda.

I'm a savage for an auld sausage and egg McMuffin breakfast deal with tea though. Om to the nom nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Menas wrote: »
    I need to stop reading this thread....it has me hanging for a big dirty fry up, a rake of omelettes, pancakes and anything greasy in a bread roll. All at the same time.

This thread is the reason I'm about to make scrambled eggs, rashers, and crumpets for dinner.

I'm going out for dinner. So ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'm going out for dinner. So ha!

This isn't the 'Dinner' thread, please don't derail the thread by going Off Topic....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sportstar583

kfallon wrote: »
    This isn't the 'Dinner' thread, please don't derail the thread by going Off Topic....

Well, he could be eating breakfast food for dinner. :p

Well, he could be eating breakfast food for dinner. :p

Brinner, I believe it's called.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Coffee and Ginger Nuts.

They're the ones from Aldi so they're more inclined to fall into the coffee, which is a bit annoying

I do like ginger nuts.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i bring the mother in law for lunch/dinner every sunday, meaning.. carvery at 12:30pm in the MORNING.

it does fill me up nice and good though :)

• Advertisement

I'm on me second cup of tea.

I really want toast now because of the toast thread.

Has to be one of the best ever comfort foods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Just munched a yummy omelette (ham, cheese and mushrooms) with toast made from special posh bread (dont ask me what type, that would involve moving from the couch to find out).
    Cup of good coffee to wash it down.

Next step is to hop in the car with the 5 year old and up the mountain to find some snow!

Am I the only one who thinks coffee is just for drinking on its own and tea is for food?

I just don't get how people drink coffee with their breakfast or lunch or whatever.

Coffee is like dessert.

I'm having runny poached egg, avocado, on spelt toast with TEA. I'll have a coffee after that and then I'll be out the door for the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭RupertsHabit

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Crunchy Nut Cornflakes

well la di dah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

I'm on me second cup of tea.

I really want toast now because of the toast thread.

Has to be one of the best ever comfort foods.

I was just looking at that thread and I have been off bread for a week and now I want toast with my eggs.

I don't know whether to cave or not because well it is Sunday and also it's not really my weakness, it's the threads fault not mine. Yep that sounds like good enough guilt free reasoning for me, toast and scrambled eggs it is then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Had a grilled fry.vats of coffee and a pint of water.after a 10 mile run so all guilt free.oh the joys of staying in.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Betty Bloggs

Am I the only one who thinks coffee is just for drinking on its own and tea is for food?

I just don't get how people drink coffee with their breakfast or lunch or whatever.

Coffee is like dessert.

I'm having runny poached egg, avocado, on spelt toast with TEA. I'll have a coffee after that and then I'll be out the door for the day!

Yeah come to think of it I don't think I've ever drank coffee with food. I only drink coffee the odd time and it's usually if I just get some random craving for it or else need a very strong caffeine boost. I used to drink about 15 cups per day, but even then never with food.

I never got the whole thing of people ordering tea or coffee as a 4th course after large meal. I could never feel less like tea/coffee than after eating 3 courses but it seems to be a very common thing and is included on a lot of menus.

I'll drink tea with a hot breakfast (never with cereal or yoghurt or fruit), with sandwiches, or else with something chocolatey and that's it I think.

Anyways I'm rambling here sorry.

I don't often eat breakfast but this thread is inspiring me to go make some rashers, mushrooms and eggs maybe. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Watched a show on Netflix the other evening called Fed Up and it was a real eye opener.basically about the health crisis in America and how food companies are ruining the public health with sugar.it was a disturbing watch I recommend people to watch.the cereals sold by American companies are packed full over sugar and to be avoided at all costs.I actually reckon a grilled fry is better for ya than a bowl of coco pops.

smurgen wrote: »
    Watched a show on Netflix the other evening called Fed Up and it was a real eye opener.basically about the health crisis in America and how food companies are ruining the public health with sugar.it was a disturbing watch I recommend people to watch.the cereals sold by American companies are packed full over sugar and to be avoided at all costs.I actually reckon a grilled fry is better for ya than a bowl of coco pops.

One of the best documentaries I've ever watched. Should be mandatory viewing.

Grilled fry - kind of agree and disagree - unless they're excellent quality saussies and rashers you're putting on your plate then it's not an ideal breakfast. Otherwise it's just a plate of bad processed meats, but yeh. Saussies with high pork content, rashers without a million additives, decent black pudding even, couple of eggs not bad for a Saturday morning with a cup of TEA and a catching up on the news, will set you up nicely for the day. It's never about that one meal anyway, and if you want the odd bowl of coco pops bloody well have them, it's about your overall diet and what you're eating every day of the week.

God I'd love a bowl of coco pops now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Had chicken sausage for breakfast. My favourite meal, get a bit giddy about it. :o

• Advertisement

Or high chicken content of course :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I never got the whole thing of people ordering tea or coffee as a 4th course after large meal. I could never feel less like tea/coffee than after eating 3 courses but it seems to be a very common thing and is included on a lot of menus.

Coffee at/towards the end of a meal makes sense to me:
    It compliments the sweet (oh la la).
    It gives a bit of an energy boost after the meal.
    It helps the meal pass through your system.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭gerogerigegege

healthiest cereal, least sugars, fat et around?
    I know porridge is the best but haven't the time most mornings to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

smurgen wrote: »

I'm watching it now, scary stuff. The size of some of those kids is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Hipflask containing 350 ml of havana club,80 mg of diazepam,a spliff,a 12k walk along the north co Dublin/east meath coastline,home by 10,followed by a massive fry(minus eggs) whilst thumbing through the Sunday papers,my weekly Sunday routine.Incidentally,i spotted a chap walking two lovely little spaniels near mosney who was wearing a boards.ie cycling vest over his coat up by mosney.I would have said hello but he had headphones on.I often see him, ill say hello next time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Incidentally,i spotted a chap walking two lovely little spaniels near mosney who was wearing a boards.ie cycling vest over his coat up by mosney.

Probably off the multiculturalism thread. Doin' some research

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Id a chicken roll for the breakfast :)

Twas Half 12 in the afternoon so acceptable enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭marialouise

healthiest cereal, least sugars, fat et around?
    I know porridge is the best but haven't the time most mornings to make it.
    You can soak porridge the night before and it'll take two mins in the microwave in the morning! Add loads of delicious things to it like fruit, nuts or seeds to make it tasty and more satisfying. After that probably Weetabix, best of a bad bunch, the rest are all pretty awful. Maybe some brands of muesli/granola type things are okay but they generally all have an awful lot of sugar and you should just take two mins to make porridge, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭gerogerigegege

You can soak porridge the night before and it'll take two mins in the microwave in the morning! Add loads of delicious things to it like fruit, nuts or seeds to make it tasty and more satisfying. After that probably Weetabix, best of a bad bunch, the rest are all pretty awful. Maybe some brands of muesli/granola type things are okay but they generally all have an awful lot of sugar and you should just take two mins to make porridge, really.
    never thought of soaking it the night before ! !
    thanks!
    nom nom !

• Advertisement

Lads

Anyone recommend an early morning (7.30) sitdown breakfast in or around Heuston/parkgate st/kilmainham or thereabouts?

Looking for a regular Friday morning spot but everywhere seems to have mean enough options or not open til 8.

Did try the asking, was ok but the maitre'd was so bemused and shocked at a walk-in request for brekkie that he haunted us for the duration and I rather not.

Cheers!

Advertisement