Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Rhyme wrote: »
    Time convenience, the slow boat from China is very very slow :)

I tend to try and buy from Irish sellers on Bricklink as much as I can, both to support sellers here but also the postage is faster than waiting on a few minifigures from Ukraine or wherever.

I'd be of the opinion that there should be a subset of the Lego selling area of Adverts for 'Lego compatible' sales. Just so people know what they're getting. It might lead to smaller and smaller selling areas though.
    would be a lot better if that now. Pain going through adverts and there is tons of them from sellers. Can be a few pages when they upload all their things in 1 go 1 item at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Or there needs to be a exclusion option in saved searches. sellers are clearly putting in "Lego compatible" so it hits people notifications for Lego.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Star Wars UCS AT AT to be released in autumn/winter this year - set# 75313 6,782 pieces €799.99.

Day 1 purchase for me can’t wait!

Star Wars UCS AT AT to be released in autumn/winter this year - set# 75313 6,782 pieces €799.99.

Is that confirmed? There was talk of a giant death star. I think I'd pass on both to be honest. Building the Falcon at the moment and it's huge. I couldn't imagine how much space a giant AT-AT would take up!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Space is the one issue I have with those UCS sets. The AT AT sounds brilliant but I'm practically already at the stage of having to dispose of my bed to make room for Lego.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I really hope not! The DS2 rumour was of no interest to me, as I'm not really into non minifig scale sets (A-wing excluded), but this would be incredibly tempting. It'd want to be some set for 800 euro, as that is a massive amount for an AT-AT. I'd have though even 500-600 would be non runner commercially.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Is that confirmed? There was talk of a giant death star. I think I'd pass on both to be honest. Building the Falcon at the moment and it's huge. I couldn't imagine how much space a giant AT-AT would take up!

Yes 90% confirmed and makes sense - been waiting for one ages, I can’t wait

Ship in a Bottle is finally available again. Yes! Yes! :D

Turtwig wrote: »
    Ship in a Bottle is finally available again. Yes! Yes! :D

How long did that take?

RGARDINR wrote: »
    How long did that take?

They brought both Ship in a Bottle and the Apollo 11 Sat V sets back out of retirement in late Oct/early Nov. For some reason only the Apollo 11 set was available outside the U.S. Ship in Bottle only became available very recently in the Irish/EU store.

• Advertisement

Turtwig wrote: »
    They brought both Ship in a Bottle and the Apollo 11 Sat V sets back out of retirement in late Oct/early Nov. For some reason only the Apollo 11 set was available outside the U.S. Ship in Bottle only became available very recently in the Irish/EU store.

Took ages then for it to be in stock again, bloody hell. You would think they could make the sets a lot faster tho.

Took ages then for it to be in stock again, bloody hell. You would think they could make the sets a lot faster tho.

With massive supply chain disruption over the last year they were probably prioritising sets likely to sell well. Also they had new sets to launch as well.

With massive supply chain disruption over the last year they were probably prioritising sets likely to sell well. Also they had new sets to launch as well.

Ahhh I understand but like someone said they mostly do a quota per period for sets and if sell out then can take ages to be back in stock, you would think if a massive seller it would be easy for them to pump out more of them for that period and not wait for ages to do them again, I.e the mandalorian ship its not been in stock for ages and when comes back in probably sell out straight away, you would think they would make tons more as fast as possible as it's a huge seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

just saw the full review of ninjago garden at brickset, damn it looks nice when 3 of them are put together

50871082906_1c67c4f090_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Ahhh I understand but like someone said they mostly do a quota per period for sets and if sell out then can take ages to be back in stock, you would think if a massive seller it would be easy for them to pump out more of them for that period and not wait for ages to do them again, I.e the mandalorian ship its not been in stock for ages and when comes back in probably sell out straight away, you would think they would make tons more as fast as possible as it's a huge seller.

I had the same with the Star Wars AAT, which just happens to be out of stock at the moment but available on back order.

Was watching it from the start of October but was always out of stock. Set up the "notify me when back in stock" around the middle of November, but it would always be out of stock and unavailable by the time I'd read the email and click through to the website. Eventually got it the last week of November.

It could be down to the number of pieces in a set, or unique pieces. No idea, but you can only presume that if you were to ask Mr Lego or the head of operations or some big cheese in the factory in Billund that he or she would be able to tell you what would be on the packing schedule for this day in April. Maybe?

That thought did send me down a rabbit hole on youtube of the lego factory and piece production. It's amazing, it really is.

seraphimvc wrote: »
    just saw the full review of ninjago garden at brickset, damn it looks nice when 3 of them are put together

50871082906_1c67c4f090_b.jpg

Do you have all 3 of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Lega manufacturing is absolutely a leader in GMP/QC field. The price that we pay for each set is like 20-30% go to the QC

I only have ever had no more than 20 pieces broken/missing all these years. But i have heard people at US complained on the quality as often (probably the Mexican site supplied them over there)
    Do you have all 3 of them?

city and harbour yes, but garden not (yet). dont have the space to place them ha ffs the harbour still sits in my storeroom

I had the same with the Star Wars AAT, which just happens to be out of stock at the moment but available on back order.

Was watching it from the start of October but was always out of stock. Set up the "notify me when back in stock" around the middle of November, but it would always be out of stock and unavailable by the time I'd read the email and click through to the website. Eventually got it the last week of November.

It could be down to the number of pieces in a set, or unique pieces. No idea, but you can only presume that if you were to ask Mr Lego or the head of operations or some big cheese in the factory in Billund that he or she would be able to tell you what would be on the packing schedule for this day in April. Maybe?

That thought did send me down a rabbit hole on youtube of the lego factory and piece production. It's amazing, it really is.
    Glad you got the set in the end, v good video

seraphimvc wrote: »
    Lega manufacturing is absolutely a leader in GMP/QC field. The price that we pay for each set is like 20-30% go to the QC

I only have ever had no more than 20 pieces broken/missing all these years. But i have heard people at US complained on the quality as often (probably the Mexican site supplied them over there)

city and harbour yes, but garden not (yet). dont have the space to place them ha ffs the harbour still sits in my storeroom

Ahhh sweet there lovely looking sets now, well jealous. Ha I know what you mean about spare room I have a tiny part in the attic that I have set up and the rest are in the eves and shed and the parents attic.

Quick question in regards the lego site, I saw someone a few months back put up the Batwing was on sale for VIPs say 30 mins before midnight before due to go live, just wondering say if the same happens with say the medieval blacksmith say 30 mins earlier before its due to be released on the 1st February would you technically get say the free 40 euro gift set that's in January offer on lego site plus the 2 offers that are coming up on the 1st February spend over 40 euro and 85 euro? More just wondering if people as haven't bought too much from lego site have gotten offers like this that have overlapped in the calendar monthly event as I think I will pick this set up and was just curious can this happen at all? Thanks

• Advertisement

Quick question in regards the lego site, I saw someone a few months back put up the Batwing was on sale for VIPs say 30 mins before midnight before due to go live, just wondering say if the same happens with say the medieval blacksmith say 30 mins earlier before its due to be released on the 1st February would you technically get say the free 40 euro gift set that's in January offer on lego site plus the 2 offers that are coming up on the 1st February spend over 40 euro and 85 euro? More just wondering if people as haven't bought too much from lego site have gotten offers like this that have overlapped in the calendar monthly event as I think I will pick this set up and was just curious can this happen at all? Thanks

I suspect the reason people have gotten access to sets early is because of the time difference. A lot of Europe is an hour ahead. Haven't heard of anyone getting overlapping promos from both months before.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

The last few sets I wanted on launch day I got at 11pm Irish time, so an hour earlier than advertised.

brianomc wrote: »
    The last few sets I wanted on launch day I got at 11pm Irish time, so an hour earlier than advertised.

Brilliant thanks.

I suspect the reason people have gotten access to sets early is because of the time difference. A lot of Europe is an hour ahead. Haven't heard of anyone getting overlapping promos from both months before.
    Thanks. Least I know now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Sets often go live an hour or so before the official launch date. That's quite common.

Regarding promos however, you won't be able to claim the 1st Feb promo(s) if ordering, say, at 11:30pm on Jan 31st. Likewise, if you wait until 12:01am on Feb 1st, you won't be able to claim any January promo(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

I.e the mandalorian ship its not been in stock for ages and when comes back in probably sell out straight away, you would think they would make tons more as fast as possible as it's a huge seller.

FYI Got an email that it was back in stock at 12.20 - just ordered one :D

Paddy

PaddyFagan wrote: »

Paddy

Me too. Just ordered now and coming here to say it

Coming up unexpected error I will keep at it damn. Feck sake already gone. I went on and covered my points to 30 euro to use and then sold out bloody annoying.

PaddyFagan wrote: »

Paddy

So lucky was doing the kids school work so only saw your message about 12 mins after you posted it and it's gone, fecking thing sold out so fast so annoying

• Advertisement

Just checked my account seeing as I didnt get an email, my status is backordered. So i guess I wont get it too soon either

Advertisement