Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

As cup breasts, breast implants or not

• 05-01-2021 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi
    Trying to to make up my mind. I’m not very comfortable with breast size 0 and really it stops me from looking for a parthner. However I’m aware of costs and risks getting implants. Also I’m very active.
    What are your thoughts, any experience.
    Thanks

Comments

Slimgirl wrote: »
    Hi
    Trying to to make up my mind. I’m not very comfortable with breast size 0 and really it stops me from looking for a parthner. However I’m aware of costs and risks getting implants. Also I’m very active.
    Thanks

Are you open to a male perspective?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Slimgirl

denartha wrote: »
    Are you open to a male perspective?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

I would say dont. The size of a woman's cleavage is rarely going to decide whether a long term relationship develops or not. And if that is a deal breaker for someone well then that's a deal you're better off not making.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭micosoft

Male perspective. It's your body - your choice. But don't relate it to finding a partner. A small minority of men may find it a decider. The vast majority don't. And a significant number will actually not find it attractive and prefer slim/athletic figure. Do it for yourself if you must. Alternatively spend the money on yourself, learning to windsurf etc. Much more likely to gain a life skill and potentially a partner.

micosoft wrote: »
    Male perspective. It's your body - your choice. But don't relate it to finding a partner. A small minority of men may find it a decider. The vast majority don't. And a significant number will actually not find it attractive and prefer slim/athletic figure. Do it for yourself if you must. Alternatively spend the money on yourself, learning to windsurf etc. Much more likely to gain a life skill and potentially a partner.

Good answer, thanks for your opinion. I’m not rushing into this decision. I think it’s mental issue as my ex partner told me he likes big breasts and I found it offensive at that time.
    I don’t lack male attention, quite the opposite. I’m very fit too. I also don’t hide my breast under padded bras etc.
    I accept I have to work on my confidence Issues.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭heretothere

Personally, I wouldn't have any plastic surgery unless completely necessary (eg after a bad accident). Also I think you have to replace/ maintain them every 10 years or so. But ultimately it will come down to if it's what you want or not. And don't worry about what your ex said, what an ejit!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Another male perspective. If I was looking to make someone my girlfriend, the size of her breasts would be so far down the tickbox list i would probably forget to check it. If it made the list at all. I have dated many girls, some with bigger boobs, some with almost flat chests. The size of them was never, ever a concern of mine. Frankly, a womans breats are her own business, and none of any fella's business.
    Seriously, any fella who rejects you because of breast size is a gob****e and you would be dodging a bullet by avoiding him.

Now I am not saying don't get the implants either. But do it for the right reasons. If you do it, do it for yourself because it is something YOU want for YOU. Don't do it to impress some tit-brained asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 arex93

I'm not a guy but I think men don’t care about the breasts size when they are looking for a partner. So if it is the only reason please don't do it! It is your body and it is you who will suffer consequences if something goes wrong!

I came from a country where the plastic surgery is very popular. I know dozens of girls who have implants – including me. In my country they talk a lot about the good results, but just now they are talking about the bad results and risks. I have some examples of people I know or close to me who had the surgery and something went wrong, I will list some risks based on their experiences:

- You can have a bad result – maybe because you haven't rest the time that the doctor prescribed, maybe because your body rejected the implant or just because the doctor did a bad job. I know one girl who had to do a second surgery because one of the implants turned too high than another.

- You can choose a good doctor and a good hospital, butyou still have a chance to die. In my city, one woman, mother of two, died during the surgery because she had a bad reaction with the anaesthesia – and this is unpredictable.

- Even if you have no issues in your surgery and have a great recovery, you still can have some issues in the future like capsular contractions, and then you will have to do another surgery to replace it or just took it off.

- Some women have started feeling random symptoms after the surgery and they think it is related to the implant. I don’t know anyone who had this, but they are talking a lot about it on the media. Search for Breasts Implant Illness.

- Your implant can be recalled. That happened to me. I found out that the manufacturer of my implant recalled some implants from the market due to a risk of cancer (!!) They said that only women with symptoms should look for doctor advice about taking it out or not. If it is the case, they will pay only the value of new implants. (how nice they are!!)

And regarding the results, I like my new breasts, they are pretty, but when you pay a high amount for a plastic surgery you want a perfect result. And I don’t have a perfect result. If I knew everything that I know today about implants, probably I would not do it. Specially now, living in a country where people – women – don’t have so much pressure about having a perfect body.

What country are you from?

And Op, just so you are aware of it, if you do go and get the implants, you might think people will take notice but I can guarantee you no-one, NO-ONE, will take a blind bit of notice of your new or prior breast cup size. People just aren't interested in that nearly half as much as you might imagine, because it is your own insecurity.
    (provided of course that you get an appropriate size implant and not some ridiculously disproportionate sized ones!)

Please don't be one of the ones that falls into the trap of thinking that if they can fix that one physical flaw they have, it'll solve all their problems. (and I don't mean you have a flaw of course, but, ya know what I mean)

I would also recommend that anyone considering significant cosmetic surgery like this would go for a psychological assessment to explore whether they are doing it for the right or wrong reasons.
    Any respectable surgeon will refer a patient for a psychological assessment anyway. If they don't suggest it, I would be wary of them to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Just spotted this thread and coming from a man i cannot stress enough how much it doesn't matter.

Dont do it for the sake of some **** comment from a jilted ex

• Advertisement

you also need to be aware that over time, your body changes composition and shape. You could gain or loose weight, hormonally influenced changes in later life etc, but the implants will stay the exact same. You could end up in the future with with breasts/implants that look totally out of kilter with the rest of your body.

Also if you play a sport, or have an accident or fall, do you really want to have to endure the hassle of having a ruptured implant removed/replaced? If one needs removing they will probably recommend replacing both.

Breast implants are all fine and good if you are having reconstructive surgery for a mastectomy. No issue there.

The more I think of it the more I think it is a bad idea. I'd recommend you just stay well away from it as there is nothing wrong with your body. There is only things that could start to go wrong when you do get them.
    And more importantly, I think you are getting them to impress a man. Bad, bad, bad idea. Realistically, it is the equivalent of a man getting a penis enlargement in order to impress women. Cringe and slightly creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Iv went out with all sizes and of the day it matters little

Fake always looks fake

True. It is often obvious. Not to mention bee-sting lip "enhancements". Mother of god, you'd be pure scarlet for them with the cut of inflated mouths on them.

What country are you from?

I’m from Brazil.

And I forgot to mention that I've lost the sensitivity of my nipples.

arex93 wrote: »
    And I forgot to mention that I've lost the sensitivity of my nipples.

Thank you for sharing your story arex

Another male perspective. If I was looking to make someone my girlfriend, the size of her breasts would be so far down the tickbox list i would probably forget to check it. If it made the list at all. I have dated many girls, some with bigger boobs, some with almost flat chests. The size of them was never, ever a concern of mine. Frankly, a womans breats are her own business, and none of any fella's business.
    Seriously, any fella who rejects you because of breast size is a gob****e and you would be dodging a bullet by avoiding him.

Now I am not saying don't get the implants either. But do it for the right reasons. If you do it, do it for yourself because it is something YOU want for YOU. Don't do it to impress some tit-brained asshole.
    Thank you for your replyðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Segotias

Hi
    Thanks

Hi

I haven't but my sister did a number of years ago, it was always something she wanted so went from a small B to a small D, do you research on surgeons, if possible get the implant put under the muscle.

She has a small inch or so scar on the underside of each breast and its hasn't impacted feeling or sensation anywhere.

With regards to sport, she does plenty of activity, a good sports bra should worn by any woman doing activity.

Lastly on you comment about it stopping you looking for a partner, I think a lot have taken this as men will only be interested in larger breasts which is not the case, however if this is something that bothers you and you want to change for you, then go for it, if you're more confident in yourself then you will be ina better position mentally whenever you do look for a partner.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Another male vote here against doing it for someone else.
    I can still remember a girl from back in the day who was also size 0 and who could make any man (including me) go weak in the knee just with her eyes.

So... Do whatever makes you happy, but when it comes to (well-balanced) men, personality and confidence are what a woman generally needs.

Best of luck!

Yes

My ex had very large breasts, GG. My current has very small. B-cup. Both look(ed) very nice to me, but i will say, the smaller ones look better on an older person. As you get older you might appreciate them more.

You won't know what it will be like having larger ones until you get them and you might not like the added weight.

I'd never ask my partner to increase or decrease their size, and in the grand scheme of things, breast size is a very small part of the entire package that is you.

My ex, the first thing i noticed about her was her bum, not her breasts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

Male Perspective:

I have dated people with fake breasts and the decreased sensitivity in the nipples have made playtime less intense. Less erogonous buttons! However, I’m not sure if that’s down to the quality of the surgeons. Also, they feel fake. I don’t find women with small breasts any less attractive. Do we or do we not have a connection is what I’m looking for in a relationship. Do we make each other laugh?
    Sometimes partners can make comments that decrease our sense of positive body image that lasts long after the relationship has ended. It gets stuck in our head and refuses to leave. This world is thankfully populated with people of all shapes, sizes and forms and I think that’s what makes it exciting in some ways.
    We are all imperfectly perfect.

There was a post on the Ladies Lounge from a few years ago but I read it and it sort of stuck with me.

A lady had always been jealous of her sisters sizes, they were D+ where she was just an A. Then it was around Christmas and they were getting changed in the same room to go out somewhere and the comments from her sisters really boosted her confidence. They were all mid-thirties but they were like "Wow, look at you Miss Body-of-teenager". While their D's had started to sag, hers were still youthful looking, so as I said in my earlier post, you might appreciate them more when you are in your mid-thirties or even forties and can still wear a bikini.

denartha wrote: »
    There was a post on the Ladies Lounge from a few years ago but I read it and it sort of stuck with me.

A lady had always been jealous of her sisters sizes, they were D+ where she was just an A. Then it was around Christmas and they were getting changed in the same room to go out somewhere and the comments from her sisters really boosted her confidence. They were all mid-thirties but they were like "Wow, look at you Miss Body-of-teenager". While their D's had started to sag, hers were still youthful looking, so as I said in my earlier post, you might appreciate them more when you are in your mid-thirties or even forties and can still wear a bikini.

Yes I’m not that young myself but have schoolgirls figure.🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

Just because you have an A cup doesn't mean they're small. I have a size 80A which is the same cup size volume as a 75b or 70c. Unlike women with bigger breasts, I don't suffer from back pains, tops that don't fit, straps that dig into my shoulders, I don't have to shell out extra money for bigger size bra's and I can shop everywhere because my size is always still in stock :) I've never met a man who had an issue with the fact that they aren't huge, so don't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Take it from someone who has big breasts, they are not all they are cracked up to be. If you want implants go for it but don’t do it to make yourself more attractive to men. 1) it won’t and 2) who cares what they think.

Yes I’m not that young myself but have schoolgirls figure.��

Then I would expect you to get lots of attention from us men folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Segotias

I think if you are physically small you will get attention from men over a larger frame regardless of breast size.

If getting implants is something you want to do for yourself, thats really the only reason to do it.

I'm the opposite, looking to get a lift and correction but again its for me no one else.

Advertisement