Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can you drink fizzy drinks with temporary filling?

• 11-04-2021 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Just got root canal last week. Have temporary filling in so need to go back to get the second session done and then the crown.

Stupid question, but can you drink fizzy drinks or will it damage the filling I’m afraid to just in case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Its will be fine....but sugar free of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sarajose

Hi, Don’t think it’s a stupid question, it’s good to clear any doubts regarding any treatments. It will also help others with the same doubts. I had done cosmetic procedure 2 months back and my dentist gave me some advice on consuming foods after treatment. I've done a cosmetic dental filling, after the procedure he said that it is best to stay away from foods like granola, chips, peanuts, ice, hard candies, hard bread and caramel for a few weeks. He told me to avoid sugary foods and beverages, such as energy drinks, sodas, candy bars, milkshakes, and other sweets for a few days. After my dental filling, I’ve avoided eating for two hours and maintained a soft diet for the first 48-72 hours. I got the best result after this procedure as I followed his advice.

Advertisement