Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

1 year off cigarettes today

• 14-07-2017 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Like the title says, it's now one year since I chucked my last, part smoked cigarette.

I want to say a huge thank you to everybody on here for all the advice I've been given over the year.

I can't quite believe it. A happy day in this household.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Well done... here's to the next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,239 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Again, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Nice one,it's a big achievement to give up those nasty coffin nails,you are somebody's Hero...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭dball

keep going, its great - well done

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

It'll be 5 years for me next month.. Luckily I never turned Vaping into a hobby either so have never spent a fortune on drawers full of mods and shelves full of juice chasing the perfect Vape. Me oul' iStick, Kanger T2's and Liqua Cuban cigar has done me grand for years now. Went from spending over €600 a month on a 40 a day habit to about €40 a month on a 5ml a day habit. So in the last 5 years I haven't spent €36,000 on fags but have spent €2,400 on hardware and juice. Not a bad trade really!! :D

On my way down from 24mg nic over the last few months. Only for a selloff of the 30ml bottles back in May with the new legislation I'd be on 0mg by now but I couldn't resist the firesale prices for 10x 30ml bottles of the 12mg I was on at the time. Thats about to run out in the next week or so and I've already got a months worth of 6mg. Then its 3mg and finally zero.

Nevermind the fact that vaping doesn't have a lot of the other addictive benzo like compounds found in real fags and so giving up vaping should be easier than giving up the fags, but the beauty of giving up vaping is that if you have moments of weakness you just pull out the vaping kit from the back of a drawer or your car glovebox and vape some 0mg nic juice whereas with the fags, you'd nip into the shop to buy 20 and that was it, "Sure feck it, I may as well smoke the rest of them now" and you'd be straight back into the thick of it and back to square one and likely smoking more than before you gave up even!! Vaping should mean that we never fall all the way back down the mountain ever again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement