Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Yeah the LT I have, wether its a V1.5 or a V2 I'm not too sure....it gives the ohm rating of the carto/atty, exact same as the provari.

It doesn't give a voltage under load reading tho, but it's definitely firing LR carto's at a higher voltage than my chrome one! :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

when are they going to be available on the site?

A week, maybe two i think, as far as I know he's gonna be stocking the Smok Vmax aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

I've just said this in the "What I bought today" thread but I just picked up a VMAX for £49.99:D

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

mrplop wrote: »
    I've just said this in the "What I bought today" thread but I just picked up a VMAX for £49.99:D

Where ???? :eek:
    Smoktech fixed their price in Europe to 96€.

• Advertisement

Opit wrote: »
    Where ???? :eek:
    Smoktech fixed their price in Europe to 96€.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78575050&postcount=235

watching a steeljan video and she just compared variable voltage ecigs to upping the power on a toaster

mind = blown

Got the Vmax today and I'm getting more out of it that my old 10amp Stig mod - it's a bit much actually. Can't really use it above 4.2 because of the pulse width modulation.

It has the same wattage as a Buzz pro and a better hit than a ProVari although you'll have to re-learn your favourite settings. Reads correctly on a Fluke multimeter and doesn't drop voltage as the battery drops - really looks like a dildo though...

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

mrplop wrote: »
    Got the Vmax today and I'm getting more of it that my old 10amp Stig mod - it's a bit much actually. Can't really use it above 4.2 because of the pulse width modulation.

It has the same wattage as a Buzz pro and a better hit than a ProVari although you'll have to re-learn your favourite settings. Reads correctly on a Fluke multimeter and doesn't drop voltage as the battery drops - really looks like a dildo though...

Sounds good, does it give the ohms reading of your atomiser /cartomiser?

newmark wrote: »
    Sounds good, does it give the ohms reading of your atomiser /cartomiser?

It does, athough according to the Multimeter I have (Fluke) it's about .2 lower than it should be; Boge reads at 3ohm on the meter and 2.8 on the Vmax.

Still good to have that function but I wish they hadn't ripped off ProVari to the extent they have as the single button does all/menu is a pain in the swiss.
    All in all I think it's a pretty nice PV and certainly the most powerful I've owned.

As said before, Britvapes has them for £55 with two (Vmax branded) batteries. I suspect you won't find it any cheaper this side of the pond - 3 days to get here and free postage too. He also answers his emails which I've found certain vendors in Ireland have stopped doing.

• Advertisement

you did remember to subtract the reading of the multimeter cables? :)

There wouldn't be resistance in the multimeter cables unless they were very, very long.
    The resistance generated by the cables would be to small to measure even with long cables/probes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

What is the internal resistance of the multimeter when ya stick the two probes together, .2?

With the Fluke it's 0 which it should be unless your probes are dirty.
    Even a €10 Maplins meter should be 0 when touching your probes together - ooh er missus.

If you have any resistance touching the probes together it generally means there's oxidation on them

Edit* The cheap meters do actually have an internal resistance whereas the expensive meters factor in the internal resistance and zero it like a set of scales,
    so I guess the Vmax ohm checker has .2 of an ohm internal resistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Have two Multimeters, one is a half decent make i think and the other was a €10 job.
    One reads at .2 and the other takes a while to settle at .4, makes no odds to me as i end up with the same reading overall from both.

but if it had .2m of an ohm internal resistance surely it would read 3.2ohms for a 3ohm carto..

All cartos can vary one way or the other, a Boge 3ohm may be 2.8, it could also be 3ohm.
    It's a handy feature irrespective or how accurate it is - would be handy for the "Genesis" guys. Ultimately it's something you use the first time you put a new carto on and then forget about until the next one - I always knew the approximate ohms of what I was using anyway so I can take it or leave it.

I've seen a couple of negative reviews on the Vmax criticizing the paint and loose fitting end cap, mine is free of those flaws. It's no Provari but for £50 it's pretty bloody decent - once you ignore it's inherent flaws.

Did you see ecirettesolutions is selling the chrome Lavatube with batteries,etc for €99.
    I bet they've included the dangerous charger instead of the Trustfire too.

A great reason to shop around.

99 euro.. lol

Got a Vivi Nova today - plenty of vapour but it tastes like sh!t with the 2.4ohm head included in the kit.
    Very airy draw too - I'm hoping it will improve over time.

First tiny paint chip on the Vmax also...

• Advertisement

My Vmax arrived this morning....and wow...the Pbusardo review was 100% right, this thing is crazy....3volts and it's blowing the head off me with an LR carto!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

eeloe wrote: »
    My Vmax arrived this morning....and wow...the Pbusardo review was 100% right, this thing is crazy....3volts and it's blowing the head off me with an LR carto!

But would you recommend it?
    I'm in two minds about getting this, or just waiting two months and getting a Provari.
    If you've had a Lavatube, how does it compare, besides the screwy voltages/extra heat?
    Does it throttle DCCs the same as the Lavatube?

It's only just arrived, so i can't say i'd reccomend it just yet, but i'll deffo give it a throttling over the weekend and report back!

eeloe wrote: »

It's a definate improvement on the Lavatube as far as power goes - it's a little too powerful probably.

Regarding the battery life on this, 2 3.7v batteries is 7.4?

have you had you batteries run out yet? what's the lowest they'll go?

It will stop a 6 volts as far as I know. Did you charge the batteries? (don't know how good the Vmax branded batts are) the initial charge should put them at 8.2 and fully charged should last 15 to 20 hours.

Stacked batteries in series with buck instead of boost always give you better run time and tend to deliver stable current up until the end.

Didn't charge them no, they were at 7.4 when i put em in, they are charging at the minute, so i'll let em fully charge up before using them again...

Only picked it up to see what it's like, but it was delivering a slighlty burning taste at 4v on an LR carto

I'd say she deffo needs an SR carto...

I really haven't used it above 3.8 because the vape is too hot at any higher voltage.
    In answer to Grindle's question, there is no throttling on the Vmax.

grindle wrote: »
    But would you recommend it?
    I'm in two minds about getting this, or just waiting two months and getting a Provari.
    If you've had a Lavatube, how does it compare, besides the screwy voltages/extra heat?
    Does it throttle DCCs the same as the Lavatube?

does your VV have to be a tube mod?

the throathit dual 18650 vv box mod is incredible
    5 amp limit, 2-3 days on a single charge, charges like a mobile phone (and can be used while charging)
    think its 95 sterling.. still cheaper than a provari and so so much better

http://www.c9v-forum.com/index.php?topic=250.0

• Advertisement

Liking the fact it has a built in balancing charger and can be used as a pass through whilst charging. It's a real case of "function over form" but a least it doesn't look like a sex toy.

Advertisement