Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hair transplant diary (ongoing)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

26841491_179966909421058_4656087413364069667_o.png?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=cSrJBtR7CRIAX-02dax&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=8a1f227560ddd44a56b05cf3ef488342&oe=60939737

dr. rafael de freitas also in Spain has good hairlines like Cuto's.

He'd be my second choice.

Price range with Cuto, dunno, but high it seems. maybe 4 euro per graft

Be careful when looking at these types of pics by surgeons working in Spain, Turkey, etc. These guys have much higher caliber hair. The results will always be more superior and efficient. It’s simple maths; area of scalp divided by the volume of your hair. If you have straight and thin hair you are going to need double or triple the amount of grafts than someone with a wave in their hair who has thick/high caliber hair. Just saying this because I think some lads think that if they go with these surgeons they will get these types of results.

Ask the surgeon doing your consultation to show you previous client work that had similar hair caliber and hair loss to you. There’s a reason they are sharing these pics on their websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭BigProblem

ste31 wrote: »
    I'm not sure but Dr. Nel advised to use the 0.5 mm so I assume that's the correct size dermaroller to use.

how often should you use dermaroller? i take it you shouldnt apply regaine the day you are using dermaroller :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ste31

BigProblem wrote:
    how often should you use dermaroller? i take it you shouldnt apply regaine the day you are using dermaroller

He advised me to use it daily, I've started the other day and seems to be going fine. I'm on oral minoxidil so not sure about using regaine and dermaroller.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

He advised me to use it daily, I've started the other day and seems to be going fine. I'm on oral minoxidil so not sure about using regaine and dermaroller.

Is it Loniten? Where did you get the prescription?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ste31

suave.4u wrote:
    Is it Loniten? Where did you get the prescription?

I got the prescription off Dr. Nel. I take 1.25mg daily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Oasisus

Hey, I am trying to research Beacon DHI but can barely find anyone who has been. Did you go ahead with it or find any good info?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Oasisus

Hi Just seeing if you have any info on Beacon DHI? I am thinking about going but cant seem to find any independent reviews. Thanks for any help

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

I got the prescription off Dr. Nel. I take 1.25mg daily.

same here :)
    I was using Rogaine earlier and then switched to loniten.
    How are you finding it. Any changes

• Registered Users Posts: 14 browser 321

Oasisus wrote: »
    Hi Just seeing if you have any info on Beacon DHI? I am thinking about going but cant seem to find any independent reviews. Thanks for any help

I did go there. You don't meet any surgeons initially, the price was good. Globally they are famous, but not many actual patients in Ireland I guess

Hi, ive started derma rolling the past few weeks and notice that my scalp has gone flaky and itchy, has anyone else noticed this? ive never had this before. im also using regaine and nizoral shampoo twice a week. i would apply regaine half an hour after derma rolling :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Snow Crash

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Ended up getting Finestrade from a doctor which has 1-2% chance of side affects. Fin costs me like €42 for 6 months and bought Regaine in a pharmacy too for €57 for 6 months. Only 1.5 months in and can already see a huge difference to my hair with no side affects.
    What pharmacy did you did you buy your Regaine at? As €57 for 6 months of Regaine is a really good price.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Dr Nel has an almost 6 month waiting list for a consultation :eek:

thats mental :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Kamu

We'll be bald by the time we get to see him. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

Not bad compared to Couto, booked up for the rest of 2021 and all of 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 35,610 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

HGVRHKYY wrote: »
    Not bad compared to Couto, booked up for the rest of 2021 and all of 2022

That's due to his youtube channel. Had an appointment there last june, and we all know what ended that!
    Now I can't even get a reply, considering I had an appointment that's unfair, seems like everyone has skipped the queue .

Any thoughts on this place

What is low density ?

I got a reply from one place saying I had low density and a hair transplant is no possible. LOL

I have super thick hair, full back, sides, and top. only need temples and hairline touched up, and a tad few grafts in crown maybe, just as a bonus.

What he hell do they mean, as I've seen videos of this guy doing surgery with guy with literally 40 times less hair.

Who here can I pm pics of donor area too, who has knowledge on donor area needs.?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭HBC08

Who here can I pm pics of donor area too, who has knowledge on donor area needs.?

Pm me a pic there and I can give my honest opinion for what it's worth!

However even a doctor couldn't give an accurate idea how good or bad a donor area is (unless it's a total extreme of one or the other) just from pics.
    From extensive pics I'd sent to my doctor to my in person consultation were completely different opinions.
    The doc needs to check in person and can then measure grafts in follicular units per square cm and the hair calibre and width.
    For example the back of my head had 75fu cm2,the sides had even less at 55fu cm2,I can't remember the units used to measure the hair calibre and width of hairs but it was thin in my case.This meant I wasn't a great candidate but the doctor amended his original plan and came at it from a bit of a different angle.
    All this info can't be accurately judged by pics alone.

• Advertisement

This looks a class job, and his crown was really bad, I'm no where near this bad on crown, but around the same at temples.

HBC08 wrote: »
    Pm me a pic there and I can give my honest opinion for what it's worth!

However even a doctor couldn't give an accurate idea how good or bad a donor area is (unless it's a total extreme of one or the other) just from pics.
    From extensive pics I'd sent to my doctor to my in person consultation were completely different opinions.
    The doc needs to check in person and can then measure grafts in follicular units per square cm and the hair calibre and width.
    For example the back of my head had 75fu cm2,the sides had even less at 55fu cm2,I can't remember the units used to measure the hair calibre and width of hairs but it was thin in my case.This meant I wasn't a great candidate but the doctor amended his original plan and came at it from a bit of a different angle.
    All this info can't be accurately judged by pics alone.

One important thing I forgot to mention.A candidate may have lots of 2,3,4 even 5 hair multiple grafts in their donor,you'll need an in person consultation to determine this too.
    In my own case I had some 2s and 3s but nothing above that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

One important thing I forgot to mention.A candidate may have lots of 2,3,4 even 5 hair multiple grafts in their donor,you'll need an in person consultation to determine this too.
    In my own case I had some 2s and 3s but nothing above that.

yeah mostly 2s and 3s here aswell which i was bit disappointed about tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    yeah mostly 2s and 3s here aswell which i was bit disappointed about tbh.

Yea I was told my donor area was bad and he only got 2000 grafts sometimes I think I got a **** job and other times I thing its actually not that bad. but he did say from start Id need a second hit around 800 grafts mostly on crown But Im thinking I need at least 3000. My hair line was great just the density is **** temples not 100%, crown still bad. he was a highly recommended HT surgeon in Poland and was about €5000 + he got me to buy Cr labs Shampoo programme which was €300 and a laser comb €500. All off a different website mine not connected to him but he does sell the shampoo. I seen people that have gone to Turkey and got great jobs for €2000 yet u read there reviews of the Turkey clinics and its really hit & miss.. My head is telling me to go back to Poland.. I just dont know. He did say I should of done the shampoo programme before I went, as it would of strengthen my hair and he must of forgot to tell me. Sometimes I think this was just a extra sales pitch but it doesn't help matters when your mates say you were ripped off! But the lad in Poland had/has a 6 month waiting list and I cant fault anything apart from I expect a bit better result but then 2000 graphs is nothing. Where as with Turkey you can nearly ring and book for next week..lol.. which obviously isnt a good sign!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

benny79 wrote: »
    Yea I was told my donor area was bad and he only got 2000 grafts sometimes I think I got a **** job and other times I thing its actually not that bad. but he did say from start Id need a second hit around 800 grafts mostly on crown But Im thinking I need at least 3000. My hair line was great just the density is **** temples not 100%, crown still bad. he was a highly recommended HT surgeon in Poland and was about €5000 + he got me to buy Cr labs Shampoo programme which was €300 and a laser comb €500. All off a different website mine not connected to him but he does sell the shampoo. I seen people that have gone to Turkey and got great jobs for €2000 yet u read there reviews of the Turkey clinics and its really hit & miss.. My head is telling me to go back to Poland.. I just dont know. He did say I should of done the shampoo programme before I went, as it would of strengthen my hair and he must of forgot to tell me. Sometimes I think this was just a extra sales pitch but it doesn't help matters when your mates say you were ripped off! But the lad in Poland had/has a 6 month waiting list and I cant fault anything apart from I expect a bit better result but then 2000 graphs is nothing. Where as with Turkey you can nearly ring and book for next week..lol.. which obviously isnt a good sign!

Yeah i was told by dr nel i had like 10000 grafts and had thick hair but not many 4mulitples, he took 2041 and wish i had asked for 2500 grafts now. He does it strangely in that he packs the middle and and not as dense on the temples for a natural look, that is my only fault with him, if he packed the temples like the middle i would be 100% satisfied. Then i see guy at work every day whos donor was butchered in turkey so overall im pleased and may go for density top up in a few years.

I would be sceptical of a clinic pushing a shampoo (especially €300) there's no shampoo in the world that can fight mpb.The evidence for laser combs isn't exactly convincing either.
    Its only my opinion but it's such a minefield in Turkey I wouldn't go near it (I was booked in Smile clinic in 2018 but pulled out after doing more research)
    There's lots of high end but somewhat affordable surgeons in mainland Europe. Bare in mind im somewhat out of the loop now as I haven't been following the ht world for the last while

I would be sceptical of a clinic pushing a shampoo (especially €300) there's no shampoo in the world that can fight mpb.The evidence for laser combs isn't exactly convincing either.
    Its only my opinion but it's such a minefield in Turkey I wouldn't go near it (I was booked in Smile clinic in 2018 but pulled out after doing more research)
    There's lots of high end but somewhat affordable surgeons in mainland Europe. Bare in mind im somewhat out of the loop now as I haven't been following the ht world for the last while

I know but I did research the shampoos CR labs its a whole 3 month programme from everyday day shampoo, Conditioner, vials and patches. I follow a girl on Instagram thats promotes CR labs products. I suppose its all about hair conditioning. Like when I went he informed me you dont just extract hair from the back and place it on top. Certain hair grows in certain ways etc and its like a jigsaw. But men just wash there hair with anything and never condition etc Like the misses would easily spent €100 a month on shampoos & conditioners.

The laser comb I knew before I went that he advises people to get and you buy it of a totally separate company to him. I did researched this as well and all the reviews are good still seems a bit silly but I bought it anyway. He told me id have to use it for life! But Ive heard of people who have gone to Turkey paid €2000 got none of the above and got great results! but everyone is different. Ive heard of loads of horror stories too. Plus you only have a few goes and you dont want to destroy your donor area!

I will say one thing for my HT, know one can tell that I got one done even barbers, they couldn't believe I got one as it looks so natural. Where as a lad in work went to Turkey. I didn't know him before he went but his hair is thick he got 3000 graphs for about 2 grand, just at front crown is ok. but his hair/fringe looks funny and all the girls in work noticed and said he definitely got something done. So in a way better safe than sorry suppose. Plus I have Laser now..

Just thought I'd chip in my experience.

I went to Turkey and got a transplant with Cinik back in early 2019. He mainly did the hairline, I had about 4000 grafts but 800 of them were from the beard and they were put into the crown. So 3200 grafts were taken from the back and sides.

Looked fantastic for about 18 months but I didn't take fin. Hairline still looks great but from the mid scalp to to crown is now patchy and looks crap.

I'm now trying decide if I should get another HT done or just buzz cut it and keep it very short.

I never went on fin and to be honest I'm pissed at myself for not, as my hair looked great and I wouldn't if needed a second HT. Got too caught up in the horror stories. Might get on it now and see if makes a difference but it's probably too late

Just thought I'd chip in my experience.

I went to Turkey and got a transplant with Cinik back in early 2019. He mainly did the hairline, I had about 4000 grafts but 800 of them were from the beard and they were put into the crown. So 3200 grafts were taken from the back and sides.

Looked fantastic for about 18 months but I didn't take fin. Hairline still looks great but from the mid scalp to to crown is now patchy and looks crap.

I'm now trying decide if I should get another HT done or just buzz cut it and keep it very short.

I never went on fin and to be honest I'm pissed at myself for not, as my hair looked great and I wouldn't if needed a second HT. Got too caught up in the horror stories. Might get on it now and see if makes a difference but it's probably too late

Reason I went to doctor in Poland he doesn't promote taking Fin and I dont want to take but I researched HT for years and everyone says when going down the rout of a ht you will always need 2. 1 for hairline and 1 for density. Like you cant still lose your normal hair after HT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublin Lad2021

Reason I went to doctor in Poland he doesn't promote taking Fin and I dont want to take but I researched HT for years and everyone says when going down the rout of a ht you will always need 2. 1 for hairline and 1 for density. Like you cant still lose your normal hair after HT

Any reason you don't want to take Fin? Just out of curiosity. I used to take it, I just shave my head now every week/2 weeks so don't really need it

Advertisement