Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-07-2017, 14:16   #1741
mooninite1

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody changed the double doors between the kitchen and siting room in the Ash. I'm trying to find out if its possible to change the solid doors for ones with glass to allow some light through. If anyone has any info I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
Advertisement
18-07-2017, 14:57   #1742
Bandana boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumpski View Post
Hey, anybody know if there has been any developments on finishing the train station ?
As far as I know , there is Planing permission but no Budget or current plans to actually build it.
Thanks from:
18-07-2017, 15:10   #1743
Chumpski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandana boy View Post
As far as I know , there is Planing permission but no Budget or current plans to actually build it.
No movement then since I last heard. Thanks.

Is this a problem on Irish Rail's side (they do have budget issues ongoing for a few years now) or the development company who built it (I assume that was Ballymore)?
18-07-2017, 17:43   #1744
Keithchap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumpski View Post
No movement then since I last heard. Thanks.

Is this a problem on Irish Rail's side (they do have budget issues ongoing for a few years now) or the development company who built it (I assume that was Ballymore)?
I think you might be confusing the empty retail unit/sport equipment storage on the north side of the canal for the train station? The haven't broken ground on the train station which will be on the south side of the canal.
Thanks from:
18-07-2017, 19:19   #1745
Chumpski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithchap View Post
I think you might be confusing the empty retail unit/sport equipment storage on the north side of the canal for the train station? The haven't broken ground on the train station which will be on the south side of the canal.
Ah I am confused.
Advertisement
19-07-2017, 14:48   #1746
griffdlk

Hi, intending to lay laminates but Munster Joinery going on holiday so they've said it'll be at least two weeks before they could assess whether they can raise the doors to account for the 8mm floors and 3mm underlay. I don't really fancy plaining these myself as not something I've done before. Has anyone else laid their own laminate floor and what do you do about the doors?
19-07-2017, 14:51   #1747
cronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffdlk View Post
Hi, intending to lay laminates but Munster Joinery going on holiday so they've said it'll be at least two weeks before they could assess whether they can raise the doors to account for the 8mm floors and 3mm underlay. I don't really fancy plaining these myself as not something I've done before. Has anyone else laid their own laminate floor and what do you do about the doors?
It's not Munster Joinery who would do this anyway I don't think. It's the guys who do the internal doors. Although Munster Joinery would be responsible for the front and back doors.

I'll pm you a number of someone to contact for the internal doors at least.
Thanks from:
19-07-2017, 14:58   #1748
fret_wimp2

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffdlk View Post
The chap who laid our laminate flooring done all the doors and door frames himself. He was very good.
20-07-2017, 11:56   #1749
Keithchap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithchap View Post
Does anyone know what type of wood the floorboards are? Looking to get a quote to get them sanded and varnished.
Ballymore have informed me that the wood is Deal wood which is a softwood:

https://www.quora.com/What-is-deal-wood
"“Deal” is a word, used mostly in the UK, to refer to unspecified inexpensive softwood, usually pine. There are no real characteristics that define deal; anything that is cheap, soft, and generally nondescript would qualify as deal."
Advertisement
21-07-2017, 20:36   #1750
mikehene

Phase 3

Hi,

I'm interested in buying one of the four bed houses in phase 3 (most likely the willows but maybe something else). I was wondering if anyone minded sharing what price they paid in phase 1 or 2. I spoke with the agency today and they were quoting me 435,000 but looking at the property price register and i can see that the most expensive house sold in the area in the last year is 405,000 which means they have hicked the price up 30,000 in just 6 months. Sounds like a bit too high of a jump.

Any feedback would be appreciated, if you don't want to publicise then feel free to pm me.

Thanks
21-07-2017, 20:39   #1751
PhoenixParker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehene View Post
Hi,

I'm interested in buying one of the four bed houses in phase 3 (most likely the willows but maybe something else). I was wondering if anyone minded sharing what price they paid in phase 1 or 2. I spoke with the agency today and they were quoting me 435,000 but looking at the property price register and i can see that the most expensive house sold in the area in the last year is 405,000 which means they have hicked the price up 30,000 in just 6 months. Sounds like a bit too high of a jump.

Any feedback would be appreciated, if you don't want to publicise then feel free to pm me.

Thanks
You should note that for new builds the ppr excludes VAT so the prices appear cheaper then what was paid. I think it's 13.5% less then actual price.

The prices for each phase are earlier in the thread. Try searching for the more unusual house styles and you should be able to find them fairly quickly. Add €10k for a second parking spot.
21-07-2017, 20:43   #1752
mikehene

Really? Ok that makes sense then. Many thanks PhoenixParker.

I'll search through now.

Cheers
21-07-2017, 22:44   #1753
slayerking

Are there phases still available? Where is phase 3?
22-07-2017, 08:02   #1754
fret_wimp2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehene View Post
Hi,

Thanks

Specific location and garden size also play a role, i.e. new Heron's along the canal are quite a bit more expensive than ones without a canal view.

Price increases with:
Phase, later phases paying quite a bit more.
Extra car parking spot.
larger garden.
location, does it have a canal view.

HTB would not have been about for some of the earlier purchases either.
Thanks from:
22-07-2017, 16:16   #1755
manufangirl

Hi all, for those that have already laid laminate floors, what did you choose for flooring in the kitchen, did you go for laminate throughout or so ceramic / vinyl / something else for the kitchen?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion