Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

31-05-2017, 09:53   #1561
fret_wimp2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant034 View Post
Quick question

So I completed the snagging of one of the Ash and there is a couple of pages of stuff to fix. Liston solicitors have been on to mine though looking to close the deal in the next 14 days while the completion of the snag list will not be completed by the time I would be finalising this. Can you hold off on completing the sale until you verify that the snag list is fully completed? Or does it matter?
yes you can. We had 300+ things in our list. most were simple things like "dirty handprint on the wall" or "white paint on door hinges".
In the list we had a small number of things we wanted fixed, the rest were just dressing.

Get these sorted, then close.
After you recheck the snag, some of these items wont be done. You walk around the house with a Ballymore snagger who says he will sort them.
We found most of these items were still not resolved when we got the keys, so push for confirmation they are fixed or will be fixed, as its a lot more difficult to get them sorted after closing.
Advertisement
31-05-2017, 11:26   #1562
tradesman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fret_wimp2 View Post
yes you can. We had 300+ things in our list. most were simple things like "dirty handprint on the wall" or "white paint on door hinges".
In the list we had a small number of things we wanted fixed, the rest were just dressing.

Get these sorted, then close.
After you recheck the snag, some of these items wont be done. You walk around the house with a Ballymore snagger who says he will sort them.
We found most of these items were still not resolved when we got the keys, so push for confirmation they are fixed or will be fixed, as its a lot more difficult to get them sorted after closing.
When I undertake snag lists I advise customers that unless it suits you otherwise do not sign until the snags are complete. You could possibly be fighting a hard battle to get them done as most builders will move onto the next customers who are due to pay and because there is no more monetary gain from you the incentive for the builder has gone!

Also do you want builders in your new home after you have moved all your lovely new furniture & carpets in & creating dust etc?
Thanks from:
31-05-2017, 16:38   #1563
mooninite1

Hi all. I understand you have to sign contracts within 3 weeks to get the white goods included. Have any of you had any experience of whether a delay in signing meant you didn't get these included? Just want to know how strict this deadline is.
Thanks!
31-05-2017, 17:56   #1564
RandomAccess

They didn't enforce it in our case anyway.
Thanks from:
31-05-2017, 18:13   #1565
googlewhack

They didn't enforce it with us either and we had a long delay. In practice, I'd imagine they are reluctant to remove the white goods for delays.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
31-05-2017, 18:38   #1566
slayerking

Once there's a clear intention to proceed and the discussions between both parties are moving in the right direction, I think they're usually pretty ok and wont do anything drastic like pull the white goods.
We rushed ours a bit to be honest because of sherry fitz being really annoying, but its best to take whatever time it needs, its an important document.
Thanks from:
31-05-2017, 18:39   #1567
IvanPogi25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooninite1 View Post
Hi all. I understand you have to sign contracts within 3 weeks to get the white goods included. Have any of you had any experience of whether a delay in signing meant you didn't get these included? Just want to know how strict this deadline is.
Thanks!
I would suggest to speak to your solicitor to ensure that the delay in signing the contract will not affect the free white goods. Our solicitor confirmed this with Ballymore solicitor since the delay in signing our contract was due to unresolved queries.
Thanks from:
01-06-2017, 11:58   #1568
Bruncvik

Anyone knows what was going on last night? I was woken at 12:30 by loud noise and music, which seemed to carry from a distance. Sometimes after 1 (last time I checked my watch), it went all quiet, only to start again later on and last through a large portion of the night. I wanted to call Garda, but couldn't determine which direction the ruckus was coming from, and the Garda rep at the community AGM advised us that the Cabra station was taking calls regarding antisocial behavior only from 9 to 17.
01-06-2017, 12:01   #1569
mooninite1

thanks all for the comments. did any of you come up with any major queries on the contract? if o did you have any luck making changes?
Advertisement
01-06-2017, 12:04   #1570
fret_wimp2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruncvik View Post
Anyone knows what was going on last night? I was woken at 12:30 by loud noise and music, which seemed to carry from a distance. Sometimes after 1 (last time I checked my watch), it went all quiet, only to start again later on and last through a large portion of the night. I wanted to call Garda, but couldn't determine which direction the ruckus was coming from, and the Garda rep at the community AGM advised us that the Cabra station was taking calls regarding antisocial behavior only from 9 to 17.
Its a well known fact that antisocial behavior ceases promptly at 5pm.

Seriously though, what's their logic behind not taking calls for antisocial behavior after 5pm?
01-06-2017, 12:16   #1571
Bandana boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fret_wimp2 View Post
Its a well known fact that antisocial behavior ceases promptly at 5pm.

Seriously though, what's their logic behind not taking calls for antisocial behavior after 5pm?
While it is still officially a 24 hour Garda Station it has limited personnel after 17:00.
Although I believe that is being reversed this year and it will be returning to a fully manned Station .
01-06-2017, 13:05   #1572
fret_wimp2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandana boy View Post
While it is still officially a 24 hour Garda Station it has limited personnel after 17:00.
Although I believe that is being reversed this year and it will be returning to a fully manned Station .
So what happens if I ring up to report joy riding in the area at 17:30?
Am i redirected to another station or do i ask the joy riders to come back again after 9am tomorrow?
01-06-2017, 13:23   #1573
Bruncvik

From what I understood at the AGM meeting: If you want to report a crime, you call 112. If you wish to report antisocial behavior, you call the Cabra Garda station. You should be aware, though, that there is only one officer at the phone, from 9 to 17, and if the officer is on another call or away from the desk, you may not get an answer. In that case, or out of hours, you can e-mail the station.

But I'm still curious whether anyone knows what was going on. I was pretty hazy during the night, so I may be completely wrong, but it sounded like an outdoors party with music blasting from a car stereo.
01-06-2017, 13:49   #1574
dor1971

We spoke with the Garda and the Management Company about this issue: It was a party in the penthouse of Meridian Court (apartment block at end of Bridge Ave). They have a very large terrace and had large amplifier speakers pumping out music. The Garda couldn't get down there until 4 am ish as they were busy on another incident in the Pheonix Park. On site security tried and failed to stop the party at around 1 ish.

Someone else local to the area saw a large group of teenagers outside same building last week (early evening) with same amplifiers having an on street rave. Lets hope it isn't a regular occurence!
(3) thanks from:
02-06-2017, 11:39   #1575
OrdeP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dor1971 View Post
We spoke with the Garda and the Management Company about this issue: It was a party in the penthouse of Meridian Court (apartment block at end of Bridge Ave). They have a very large terrace and had large amplifier speakers pumping out music. The Garda couldn't get down there until 4 am ish as they were busy on another incident in the Pheonix Park. On site security tried and failed to stop the party at around 1 ish.

Someone else local to the area saw a large group of teenagers outside same building last week (early evening) with same amplifiers having an on street rave. Lets hope it isn't a regular occurence!
Doesn't the management company/security have access to the main electrical board, could they just send the whole apartment electricity down? I'd say they would get tired being in the dark after while and they would move somewhere else. I guess.

Last edited by OrdeP; 02-06-2017 at 11:42.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion