Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-01-2012, 12:35   #1
terencemc

Good yoga mat with block

Hey y'all,
Looking to find the above without breaking the bank in Dublin city centre...any suggestions?
Advertisement
18-01-2012, 01:50   #2
girl2

Hello

You refer to wanting to get a "good" yoga mat. In my opinion (and after many, many purchases of mats), you are better off going to a yoga shop. There is one called Joy Fountain in Dublin, cant remember the street but they're online. I've only been there once and they have a fair selection of mats. It really depends on what you want, how much practice you will be doing etc.

I personally buy all my stuff online from a place called yogamatters. I honestly think they're the best and the most reasonably priced. They have a fantastic selection and if you wanted to, you could ring them up - they're all yoga enthusiasts and can give you as much advice as is needed.

My own personal recommendations for a "good" mat is one that yogamatters sell. It's the Millennium mat (I bought mine about 7 years ago and every now and again I buy different mats to try out but always end up going back to the old mat). Here's the link for it:

http://www.yogamatters.com/product/1...-yoga-mat.html

It's £40stg, but after 7 years, mine is as good as the day I ever bought it, and I've put it through the washing machine several times.

The next best mat to it is the Manduka Eco Mat - its made from natural rubber and environmentally friendly. Theyre £65stg from yogamatters, but you could go direct to Manduka Europe and get one of them sent to you. I know Joy Fountain has some Manduka stuff, so you might want to have a look there.

Anyway, hope that helps you, that's just my tuppence worth.

C
(2) thanks from:
05-03-2012, 04:08   #3

Hi there,

I've got my yoga mats from zenthings.com - they're based in cork. I'd love the Manduka mat but just too dear for right now.

I bought two regular yoga mats in the past but always have had a problem with grip - so bought one of the mysore ashtanga weave mats - best thing ever! Its 26euros which i think is reasonable, but theres no slipping whatsoever. If I'm doing my workout on a hard surface i just put one of the crappy yoga mats underneath for cushion.
Thanks from:
23-08-2012, 11:07   #4
gruenchen

The shop has sadly closed Is there any other shop around Dublin, not necessary city centre as I really would like to see the material... my biggest problem is that I find it hard not to slip on the mat.

Thanks
24-08-2012, 09:27   #5
Cloudburst

I do hot yoga and ashtanga yoga and found myself always slipping when I was in downward dog- totally solved by getting a microfibre yoga towel that goes over my yoga mat- I bought mine online at mcsport.ie but I believe that some ashrams sell them directly- when I was researching I came across both ashtanga.ie - who are based in blackrock- sell the yogitoes skidless ones, and Init Yoga in Docklands say that they sell microfibre towels on their website.
Advertisement
24-08-2012, 10:27   #6
gruenchen

thanks alot, same problem here will look into that
31-08-2012, 01:15   #7
Twinwolf

I just recently got a pair of these - and they're just amazing, I can't praise them enough to be honest, the only downside to them is I can feel a bit silly wearing them in a class. I thought they were a good price. I have a very good non slip mat, but i swear to god, i've never ever gotton such a good downward dog, your feet & hands just stay in place & the strech is completly different.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion