Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭loki7777

Eir(free from their www) but takes 3-4 days to arrive.
    Just waiting for my second sim card as you can only order one at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

loki7777 wrote: »
    Eir(free from their www) but takes 3-4 days to arrive.
    Just waiting for my second sim card as you can only order one at a time.

Does it need to have credit to receive the verification SMS?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭JTMan

48 is also free from their website.

corwill wrote: »
    Does it need to have credit to receive the verification SMS?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Basil3 wrote: »
    No

Thanks, that's an Xmas pressie sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,812 ✭✭✭daheff

JTMan wrote: »
    48 is also free from their website.

I think the 48 SIM doesn't work for porting....maybe somebody else can confirm 100%

daheff wrote: »
    I think the 48 SIM doesn't work for porting....maybe somebody else can confirm 100%

The options they give you for porting are:

Eir
    Virgin Media
    O2
    Tesco Mobile
    Meteor
    Postfone

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

What PAYG plan to you go on when porting?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭JTMan

What PAYG plan to you go on when porting?

You can choose the PAYG Vodafone plan that you opt into. The best Vodafone PAYG plan is Vodafone X. Better still you can port again (if you are not using a secondary sim) to GoMo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Ordered a free Eir SIM on Monday afternoon, just arrived in the post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Would this phone top the Xiaomi My9t pro some folks discussing on another thread?

Would this phone top the Xiaomi My9t pro some folks discussing on another thread?

No. The Xiaomi would kill it in specs.

Main advantage of the 3a would be stock Android and less worries with warranty. Probably a better camera as well, although the Xiaomi camera is decent.

When it goes about camera xiaomi is worst even with gcam app. I saw few ppl comparing 3a to oneplus 7 with and without gcam and 3a was still better. I am moving from redmi note 4 to 3a - don't care about apps/games so 4/64 is enough for me but camera is making big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭paruss100

Got mine yesterday but had a dead pixel. Second pixel 3a to be faulty, am I just bad luck or are these things a bit tatty and cheap?

paruss100 wrote: »
    Got mine yesterday but had a dead pixel. Second pixel 3a to be faulty, am I just bad luck or are these things a bit tatty and cheap?

Most people don't inspect their devices for things like dead pixels etc, especially with a cheap phone like this.

Most people don't inspect their devices for things like dead pixels etc, especially with a cheap phone like this.
    My 3a is perfectly fine - just tested lcd.
    And €350 is not cheap;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭degsie

Since when was €250 considered cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Can't work out what Vodafone are getting out of this is it's a sim free phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭irishproduce

At what stage is the online pin sent to phone required? Is it when the order is being placed on the site, or is it when the phones is being dispatched? When being registered?

degsie wrote: »
    Since when was €250 considered cheap?

For a mobile? I'd say for at least the last decade, probably longer.

• Advertisement

At what stage is the online pin sent to phone required? Is it when the order is being placed on the site, or is it when the phones is being dispatched? When being registered?

During the online purchase process.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Can't work out what Vodafone are getting out of this is it's a sim free phone?

They probably think they're getting new customers due to the phone being locked to Vodafone. They really are that clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭djan

To those that have ordered, how long did it take to get a confirmation email? I got to the order complete screen/confirmation but when I check the status of order it still says payment processing after 30min :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭Sappy404

djan wrote: »
    To those that have ordered, how long did it take to get a confirmation email? I got to the order complete screen/confirmation but when I check the status of order it still says payment processing after 30min :confused:

My order was "processing" for 3 days, then completed. It was waiting in store for collection then. I think someone above said theirs arrived next day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭djan

Sappy404 wrote: »
    My order was "processing" for 3 days, then completed. It was waiting in store for collection then. I think someone above said theirs arrived next day?

Thanks. Would you know if this offer is available in store too?

sim free, i'm using 3 sim with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭gerrykiddy

Staff in Drogheda say that it is not available in Store. Didn't seem interested in very much else either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭Sappy404

djan wrote: »
    Thanks. Would you know if this offer is available in store too?

Several posters have previously said the phone is never in stock in-store, sadly. Mine was shipped there as opposed to my address after ordering online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭Barr

Is this phone a dual sim by any chance ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Del007

loki7777 wrote: »
    When it goes about camera xiaomi is worst even with gcam app. I saw few ppl comparing 3a to oneplus 7 with and without gcam and 3a was still better. I am moving from redmi note 4 to 3a - don't care about apps/games so 4/64 is enough for me but camera is making big difference.

What's gcam?

Advertisement