Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-opening of the Nocturnal Library

12345679»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

shoegal1 wrote: »
    ya I agree with preserving your soul on 'Changes'. Thought he came back good with 'Ghost Story' though.
    "I used the knife...."

Also I found harry more and more annoying with each book.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭shoegal1

"I used the knife...."
    "I saved a child..."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Jurassic Park, about a 1/4 in and My god the movie left soooo much out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

finished reading 'the world according to bob' by james bowen, which was a lovely read :) now reading 'the mystery of mercy close' by marian keyes

finished reading 'the mystery of mercy close', now reading the next book called 'the woman who stole my life'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I'm at a bit of a loose end.

I read Interview With The Vampire years and years ago which I loved. I did begin to read the vampire lestat but stopped for a reason that I can't remember.

The choice i have right now is that as I only read IWTV again very recently, I can easily continue to read on through Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles or read The Passage which I've heard is King like.

3rd option is what I'm currently reading; the historian. However I'm not finding it particularly gripping.

Essentially I'm looking for a good vampire saga but most of the books out there right now seem to follow the same trope that are a rip off of Buffy; chosen one is female, is apparently totally empowered yet a romance element is absolutely needed and is inherent to the character that she needs a lover.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I read Interview With The Vampire years and years ago which I loved. I did begin to read the vampire lestat but stopped for a reason that I can't remember.

The choice i have right now is that as I only read IWTV again very recently, I can easily continue to read on through Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles or read The Passage which I've heard is King like.

3rd option is what I'm currently reading; the historian. However I'm not finding it particularly gripping.

Essentially I'm looking for a good vampire saga but most of the books out there right now seem to follow the same trope that are a rip off of Buffy; chosen one is female, is apparently totally empowered yet a romance element is absolutely needed and is inherent to the character that she needs a lover.

Give Jim Butcher's Dresden Files a shot. More wizards than vampires, but he does start a war with a whole bunch of them

Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

The Necroscope (vampire)series by Brian Lumley is definitely NOT the same trope , but is a amazing read IMO. I read the series about ten years ago , and all the books still sit on my shelf in the hope that I can find time to re-read them some day.
    The first seven are the main series,the rest you can pick and choose......

Funny thing is I tried a few of his other book series and could'nt get it to them at all.

PS:Not really any romance in these books.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ElaineMIRL

I'm reading Oh My God, What a Complete Aisling and an ARC I got from NetGalley called Hot and Badgered. That title is so cringe, it makes me giggle.

Nothing at the moment, can anyone recommend a good urban fantasy book please?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

King Henry Tapes by Richard Raley
    Incryptid by Seanan Mcguire

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ElaineMIRL

The Dresden Files - Jim Butcher
    October Daye - Seanan McGuire
    Cassie Palmer - Karen Chance
    Kate Daniels - Ilona Andrews
    Mercy Thompson - Patricia Briggs
    White Trash Zombie - Diana Rowland
    The Others - Anne Bishop
    Charley Davidson - Darynda Jones

King Henry Tapes by Richard Raley
    Incryptid by Seanan Mcguire
    ElaineMIRL wrote: »
    The Dresden Files - Jim Butcher
    October Daye - Seanan McGuire
    Cassie Palmer - Karen Chance
    Kate Daniels - Ilona Andrews
    Mercy Thompson - Patricia Briggs
    White Trash Zombie - Diana Rowland
    The Others - Anne Bishop
    Charley Davidson - Darynda Jones

Thanks

I'm still waiting on Patrick Rothfuss to finish book 3 of the name of wind, doubt we'll see it this year :rolleyes:.

Thanks

I'm still waiting on Patrick Rothfuss to finish book 3 of the name of wind, doubt we'll see it this year :rolleyes:.

Read through all that and Rothfuss might have finished editing. Also, try Monster Hunter International

Read through all that and Rothfuss might have finished editing. Also, try Monster Hunter International

Ohhh how I hope you're right, I loved the ending in the last book.

Advertisement