Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
28-06-2017, 16:01   #1696
Mynameisonamap
Registered User
 
Mynameisonamap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 4
Also, has anyone put in an additional shower head in any of the bathrooms? I know they have a rainwater shower head but would be useful to get something hand-held in addition. I know we were told that no alterations would be entertained but still going to give it a try, even if we have to pay slightly more for it.
Mynameisonamap is offline  
Advertisement
28-06-2017, 16:59   #1697
PhoenixRoyal
Registered User
 
PhoenixRoyal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameisonamap View Post
Also, has anyone put in an additional shower head in any of the bathrooms?  I know they have a rainwater shower head but would be useful to get something hand-held in addition.  I know we were told that no alterations would be entertained but still going to give it a try, even if we have to pay slightly more for it.
I PM'd you for previous post and this one. good luck!
PhoenixRoyal is offline  
Thanks from:
29-06-2017, 16:09   #1698
sunshine135
Registered User
 
sunshine135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameisonamap View Post
Also, has anyone put in an additional shower head in any of the bathrooms? I know they have a rainwater shower head but would be useful to get something hand-held in addition. I know we were told that no alterations would be entertained but still going to give it a try, even if we have to pay slightly more for it.
Hi, we added hand-held shower hoses. We were given 2 options: slightly cheaper round design and square design. We went for a square design, we snagged our house last week and are happy with the result. PM me if you like more details.
sunshine135 is offline  
Thanks from:
29-06-2017, 20:51   #1699
Jeff2
Registered User
 
Jeff2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 4,398
Hi.
Can someone tell me what train it you get to broombridge.?
I need to get to clonee and think its the same train so I can find the time table.
Jeff2 is offline  
30-06-2017, 11:23   #1700
janeybaby
Registered User
 
janeybaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff2 View Post
Hi.
Can someone tell me what train it you get to broombridge.?
I need to get to clonee and think its the same train so I can find the time table.
It's the Maynooth train from Connolly.
janeybaby is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-07-2017, 12:50   #1701
Bruncvik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 153
Anyone noticed issues with the water main pressure since yesterday? It appears to me that it is much lower than it used to be. It's especially noticeable since the internal water, both cold and hot, still have good pressure.
Bruncvik is offline  
01-07-2017, 12:54   #1702
nordstrom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruncvik View Post
Anyone noticed issues with the water main pressure since yesterday? It appears to me that it is much lower than it used to be. It's especially noticeable since the internal water, both cold and hot, still have good pressure.
Yep, cold water pressure from the main is much lower.
nordstrom is offline  
01-07-2017, 22:16   #1703
dazamataz
Registered User
 
dazamataz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 11
I met up with Eamonn from Fitzgerald kitchens at their factory today to make changes to the kitchen. I found him great and really easy to deal with. I told him the changes I wanted, he amended the plans and gave me a copy to take away.
I ended up changing the island and moving it, also put a double oven in and swapped the fridge and oven around.
dazamataz is offline  
01-07-2017, 22:56   #1704
cronos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazamataz View Post
I met up with Eamonn from Fitzgerald kitchens at their factory today to make changes to the kitchen. I found him great and really easy to deal with. I told him the changes I wanted, he amended the plans and gave me a copy to take away.
I ended up changing the island and moving it, also put a double oven in and swapped the fridge and oven around.
How much did each of the changes cost? Could you share the plans if you have soft copies?
cronos is offline  
Advertisement
01-07-2017, 23:08   #1705
dazamataz
Registered User
 
dazamataz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cronos View Post
How much did each of the changes cost? Could you share the plans if you have soft copies?
I'll Pm you now
dazamataz is offline  
Thanks from:
02-07-2017, 15:04   #1706
Manion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruncvik View Post
Anyone noticed issues with the water main pressure since yesterday? It appears to me that it is much lower than it used to be. It's especially noticeable since the internal water, both cold and hot, still have good pressure.
The water pressure is still low. The water pump is going like to clappers. Bit worried.

Also have the bin collection times changed? The last two weeks the waste bin has been collected on the Monday.
Manion is offline  
02-07-2017, 21:20   #1707
RandomAccess
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manion View Post
The water pressure is still low. The water pump is going like to clappers. Bit worried.

Also have the bin collection times changed? The last two weeks the waste bin has been collected on the Monday.
Not sure about the bin I just copy everyone else.

The water pump and the mains pressure are not related Manion, you may have another problem!

The mains feed serves the kitchen cold tap and supplies the water tanks in the attic. No others. The pump pulls water from the tanks and uses this to pressurise the water feed to all other taps hot and cold, and showers plus toilet water supply, utility room supply etc.

So unless the attic tank was drained the low mains shouldn't be affecting the pumped circuit.

My mains pressure seems ok for what it's worth, I never noticed a drop.
RandomAccess is offline  
02-07-2017, 21:26   #1708
Bruncvik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manion View Post
The water pressure is still low. The water pump is going like to clappers. Bit worried.

Also have the bin collection times changed? The last two weeks the waste bin has been collected on the Monday.
Irish water has no outages or maintenance works in our area, so I don't know what's going on. I assumed at first there was something wrong at our end, but if more people have this issue, the problem lies elsewhere.

As for the bins, I thought they were always collected on Mondays. I noticed last week that they came on a Tuesday, fairly early in the morning (before 8). I didn't get any notice, so we're still putting out or black bin tonight.
Bruncvik is offline  
02-07-2017, 23:20   #1709
Arbie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruncvik View Post
Irish water has no outages or maintenance works in our area, so I don't know what's going on. I assumed at first there was something wrong at our end, but if more people have this issue, the problem lies elsewhere.
We have also had low water pressure for the past few days.
Arbie is offline  
03-07-2017, 12:21   #1710
Nhol78
Registered User
 
Nhol78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruncvik View Post
Irish water has no outages or maintenance works in our area, so I don't know what's going on. I assumed at first there was something wrong at our end, but if more people have this issue, the problem lies elsewhere.

As for the bins, I thought they were always collected on Mondays. I noticed last week that they came on a Tuesday, fairly early in the morning (before 8). I didn't get any notice, so we're still putting out or black bin tonight.
I was advised by the management company that the bin company forgot to do our collection on Monday for 2 weeks running, They were reminded of it and have done the collection today.

If anyone is looking for an electrician to fit lights I got a person in last week, he did a really good job and was quick, let me know if you need his number.
Nhol78 is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet