Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excuses to stay out late

• 21-05-2008 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12 xXxHariboxXx

What is/was the excuse(s) you use(d) on your parents to stay out late? I'm just curious. My paretns are fairly strict so I rarely even try to make an excuse and just go home like a good girl. lol I have however said a few times that I'm already on the way home but the traffics really bad. It actually works quite well as long as you don't overuse it. Once used it successfully when I was like two hours late!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I paid for this speed and god damnit, I'm going to finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I usually just tell them I'm staying over with Michael.
    They know there's a few quid in it for them in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

"I didn't want you to see me in that state"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I didn't need any excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

"Sorry I'm late but he kept me in that cellar for 24 bloody years"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Phone them about three hours after you're supposed to be home.

Put a tissue over the phone and say the following in the deepenst most menacing voice you can.

"I have xXxHariboxXx* Put €20,000 in a black bag and leave it outside your garden gate. If you do, you'll see her again otherwise we'll send her back to you piece by piece. Do not call the police. We're watching the house."

They'll be so glad to get you back they won't notice that you're suddenly rolling in it!

*It'll probably work better if you use your real name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 xXxHariboxXx

Dinter wrote: »
    Phone them about three hours after you're supposed to be home.

Put a tissue over the phone and say the following in the deepenst most menacing voice you can.

"I have xXxHariboxXx* Put €20,000 in a black bag and leave it outside your garden gate. If you do, you'll see her again otherwise we'll send her back to you piece by piece. Do not call the police. We're watching the house."

They'll be so glad to get you back they won't notice that you're suddenly rolling in it!

*It'll probably work better if you use your real name.

My friend saw your post. She's wondering if you'll marry her.

and waxing might help

I won't, but I'll take head.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Considering I moved out 3 years ago, I haven't needed excuses for a while. My flatmate could expect a text saying "Got lucky; not coming home tonight".

When I am staying at home, my parents are happy if I just text them at some point with an update, basically just to confirm I'm still alive. If I'm out unusually late (after 3am), I'll just text and let them know what's going on and when I think I might be home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Well if you're over 18 why would you need to tell you're Ma/Da when you'll be home?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DD

What is/was the excuse(s) you use(d) on your parents to stay out late? I'm just curious. My paretns are fairly strict so I rarely even try to make an excuse and just go home like a good girl. lol I have however said a few times that I'm already on the way home but the traffics really bad. It actually works quite well as long as you don't overuse it. Once used it successfully when I was like two hours late!

I think if you keep using the same excuse they will get used to it. You don't need to invent another one. Just stay on the traffic excuse :pac::pac: and have that upset and tired face when you get home. You know how bad the traffic can be sometimes.

hunter164 wrote: »
    Well if you're over 18 why would you need to tell you're Ma/Da when you'll be home?
    I'm guessing the OP is not over 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Terry wrote: »

Seems you picked up a few habits from ol Michael :D

Well you probably won't have the Late Home Police knocking on your door if you don't but it's usually considered polite.

I dunno, is she rich? Worth "kidnapping"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

I know the OP isn't over 18 but I meant other people posting on this.

Your guess is right. I'm only 16. Once you turn 18 in my family you can basically do what you want.

Your guess is right. I'm only 16. Once you turn 18 in my family you can basically do what you want.

Anything ??

Reaches for the KY

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

And your "Ma/Da" don't stop caring about you when you're older than 18.

Dinter wrote: »
    Well you probably won't have the Late Home Police knocking on your door if you don't but it's usually considered polite.

I dunno, is she rich? Worth "kidnapping"?

Not like really rich. Well off.

• Advertisement

I'm outta control. I'll do wha' I wan'

muletide wrote: »
    Anything ??

Reaches for the KY

Anything legal.

I know my parents don't stop caring but they don't mind you going out late and getting drunk e.t.c. I know cos I have to older brothers.

Not like really rich. Well off.

Suits me. Sure they all add up! A burd in the basement is worth two in the bush!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Spit roast?

You need to wait 2 years only. Good luck...but stay on the traffic excuse :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,119 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I usually told them the bones of the truth to satisfy them and then answered for any details i couldnt cover up with febreeze.

Overheal wrote: »
    I usually told them the bones of the truth to satisfy them and then answered for any details i couldnt cover up with febreeze.
    :pac: :pac:lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

i'm 19 and my folks still go a bit psycho if im out "too late" (too late being 3 or so) tis quite the pain! but as long as i live at home, i have to cope with it i s'pose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

:eek:

edit: this is what I get for leaving tabs open for ages :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

snyper wrote: »
    Spit roast?

Dude, she's only 16. :rolleyes: