Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spring 2019 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Lovely morning in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Lovely morning in Dublin.

Cracking image sryan, it almost looks like some filter has been applied - but I suspect this is just natural colour of the early morning sun being cast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

As ever nature seems to find a way of making up for a shortfall or excess of an element. We might be cursing now (I know I am as I work outside) but it could yet be the difference between dry riverbeds in August and not.

Last April one of the wettest ever, river beds were dry by June

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Hints of conditions turning milder and drier with high pressure returning to western Europe. I mentioned this as a possibility in the Spring forecast too. We shall see, too far off to be sure of anything really.

Signs on a drier and warmer/milder outlook for the last week or so in March are still there today, in fact sort of an upgrade. More details later.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭Edenmoar

I hope farmers are collecting water this year like they do in other countries in case we get 2 weeks of sun again this summer and have to listen to them moaning on the news every day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

After a dry morning its turning wet in Castlebar. A wet and windy evening ahead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

That rain has just reached us in South cavan.
    Somewhat milder today than of late, but feeling cold in the breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭giveitholly

What's the weather looking like for St Patrick's day?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭highdef

What's the weather looking like for St Patrick's day?

Come back in a few days and there may be a bit more confidence. It's still nearly a week away. Too early to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭giveitholly

highdef wrote: »
    Come back in a few days and there may be a bit more confidence. It's still nearly a week away. Too early to be sure.

Oh yeah I know its way too early to be sure but was just wondering what the current signals are

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Oh yeah I know its way too early to be sure but was just wondering what the current signals are

At a guess id say sunny sunny intervals with scattered showers, sometimes heavey and quite blustery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Edenmoar wrote: »
    I hope farmers are collecting water this year like they do in other countries in case we get 2 weeks of sun again this summer and have to listen to them moaning on the news every day

Collect it for what? The problem last year was the ground dried out and halted grass growth, and also impacted cereal crops. There wasn't too many complaining that animals had no water to drink, it was mainly a soil moisture deficit problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,434 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Can't promise anything for St Patrick's Day but there is a growing risk of some snowfall next Saturday, that's for sure. But it will be a few days to firm up on details...for the moment Munster and South Leinster most at risk of some white gold.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

ECM looks intetesting for Sat but a long way off for predicting snow at any time of the year and especially March.

I'm sure we will be seeing a few posts about it :)

A wet evening here in Castlebar with persistent rain. Very unsettled few days ahead. Bank holiday monday looking half decent,at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I feel it's better we get the unsettled weather now, if we get a warm end to March and a decent April, we may pay the price in early Summer. I would be happy with thunderstorms, but 14-15 c from a north easterly in June would be crap.

Its a rough night here in the west,persistent rain and strong and gusty winds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Horrible rotten night out there, rain lashing against the windows, and sounds fairly breezy to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Hasn't stopped raining since I woke up this morning and still pouring down as I head to bed, yet another awful day in what's been an awful month

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Its a rough night here in the west,persistent rain and strong and gusty winds.
    A bit like this in North Laois. Winds way stronger and gustier than we expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Very gusty in Sallins this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Calm and overcast in Clare, on this Thursday morning. Hopefully the worst is past. If we can get this on Sunday for St Pat’s parade, we’ll take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Very windy in Arklow
    Gusted over 80kmh wnw in the last 40 mins and regularly above 60
    Windy as than Gareth!

Not a great start to the Summer 2019 analogues with Summers following on from very mild Winters. Blocking is evident over Greenland in each month bar July which is still cool and unsettled. Some amazing years in there but consensus would be cool and wet.

IJPNYXi.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Raining again in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Carol25

Quite windy and blustery here again between Oranmore and Athenry. I think this is the 4th night in a row here this week of it. Hard to believe it now when I think back to how still and eerily calm some of the winter months this year were...

Turned very wet and windy here in Castlebar in the past 30 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Another rotten evening here, rain and more rain again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭pauldry

we are at 130mm for March so far

200mm is now quite possible for March.

Theres been an average of 9mm of rain every day of this month so far

Keep going and get it all over with before Summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

heavy drizzle for the past hour and a bit in Cork City. Blagh