Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

England on the 28th of June

• 18-09-2018 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭

Here's a pic I took flying over Wales. You can see Wales and the South West Peninsula clearly on this clear day (pun not intended). It looks better in its original size, I hope this size is appropriate though. Gotta love the beautiful 737-900ER wing :)

0Wj8tfC.jpg?1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I have more interesting pictures from over Europe if people are interested to see them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭highdef

Looks like you're flying over Anglesey in that photo. The south west peninsula you refer to is the bit that sticks out to the south west at the north of Cardigan Bay. There's not even a hint of England in your photo......great photo though, all the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭highdef

And yes, do share more photos :D

highdef wrote: »
    Looks like you're flying over Anglesey in that photo. The south west peninsula you refer to is the bit that sticks out to the south west at the north of Cardigan Bay. There's not even a hint of England in your photo......great photo though, all the same :)
    Oops :o. I doubted that it was England but I couldn't come up with a location that makes more sense. I thought it was the peninsula was where Cornwall is located at first but now it all makes sense. Sorry for the confusion! I do have pics of what I think is East Anglia but I could be wrong :pac: . Also, I was able to see the east coast of Ireland and Wales at the same time thanks to the clear skies. Not often do you get to see that thanks to clouds somewhere! I'll upload pictures later if I can.

I forgot about this thread! I also forgot to note, when we took off from Dublin, I saw some of the smoke down in the Dublin/Wicklow Mountains. Some of these pictures aren't really of good quality, I did use a phone to take them out of a window after all :D ! I'll add a couple more in a separate post. Here's a few more:

SPe1Yow.jpg?1

Here is the East Anglia coast (or is it? :)). Looks like they just about dodged the North Sea muck that day, it wasn't far off the coast. When we flew over it, we hit some turbulence (lunch was being served at the time so you can imagine the chaos lol)

mpgd8Cy.jpg?1

This is us entering the Netherlands.

s0LGmjU.jpg?1

For aviation enthusiasts like me, this is Cologne Airport I believe.

qngHih7.jpg?1

Could've gotten a better picture of this interesting cloud formation over Southeast Europe but I was too late when I noticed it.

PuGNglj.jpg?1

Another picture of some interesting clouds. This time, it's over the Black Sea approaching Istanbul in an unusual way.

2n50OJB.jpg?1

Here is Istanbul itself. We landed on Runway 23 so we flew directly over the city :). I've been to Istanbul Ataturk many times but that was a first for me. Also, we saw IST from very high up, I (stupidly) didn't take a photo for some reason. Also of note, look at how poor the weather was in comparison to Dublin in the middle of summer! We got drenched as soon as we got off the plane. The temperature there was the same as in Dublin that day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement