Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heatwave for end of July?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

jambofc wrote: »
    sick of the rain,it's summer ffs!!!!!

An Irish summer.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Funny enough, the one time ive had heat stroke was in Ireland at Brittas Bay back in the late 70's. I didnt think the weather would get to me, but this being my 3rd summer here, it has :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the good weather of June is long forgotten now, it seems like we've been in this endless train of rain and showers all summer and looks like there is no signs of any improvement despite reports earlier in the week of a possible dry spell.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

lord lucan wrote: »
    An Irish summer.;)

ye but it's come to the point over the last 4 years where our summer months are by far the wettest and miserable months of the year. Winter and Autumn may be cooler but they are always much dryer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

waht desperately poor temps for the time of year
    http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

11c in knock at 11am on July 16!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Gonzo wrote: »
    ye but it's come to the point over the last 4 years where our summer months are by far the wettest and miserable months of the year. Winter and Autumn may be cooler but they are always much dryer.

I've resigned myself to summers being relatively poor now. Any more than 3 weeks of good sunny weather is a bonus imo. That said,Autumn in my favourite season. I love the crisp air and relatively mild temps.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

WolfeIRE wrote: »

My hot water bottle has been put back into service and the fire is being lit in the evenings. I need a coat when I go out - for both rain and cold. It's like late autumn, not high summer :( The postman said to me earlier on: 'Pretend the good weather is still to come'. To me that would be worse - false hope and all that. Better to face facts and pretend (accept) that the summer is over and carry on appropriately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

I really hope this Heat Wave comes at the end of July and lasts until at least the end of the 1st week of Aug. as this would cover my holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 42 martin699

FIRST POST!!!!! wahoo...

anyway... ive been living my life by this website. My father discovered it when he was planning on making some hay... its a norwegien weather site and is always accurate down to the times its going to rain...

http://www.yr.no/english/1.2025949
    just search for what ever town your in and it will give you everything you need to know...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

What you talking about its still 10c here!

• Advertisement

martin699 wrote: »
    FIRST POST!!!!! wahoo...

anyway... ive been living my life by this website. My father discovered it when he was planning on making some hay... its a norwegien weather site and is always accurate down to the times its going to rain...

http://www.yr.no/english/1.2025949
    just search for what ever town your in and it will give you everything you need to know...

That's a very handy site - thanks for posting. The icon for night with the sun shining is a wee bit strange ;) but I suppose it means not cloudy :confused: For my area, it looks as if the only time the sun will be shining is at night :D Maybe I should get up and sunbathe then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

owenc wrote: »

Did you move to Knock ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

The rain has been lovely, isn't that cool around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 martin699

Domscard wrote: »
    That's a very handy site - thanks for posting. The icon for night with the sun shining is a wee bit strange ;) but I suppose it means not cloudy :confused: For my area, it looks as if the only time the sun will be shining is at night :D Maybe I should get up and sunbathe then.

yeah ive been telling all my friends about it since ive discovered it and im always amazed at how accurate it is...

for the sunbathing at night... maybe you could start a new craze :p

Duiske wrote: »
    Did you move to Knock ?

No why the hell would i move down there its all boggy and depressingly wet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

did you leave the fridge door open again Owen?

Duiske wrote: »
    Did you move to Knock ?

:D I should visit this forum more often - the entertainment is wonderful. When the weather itself is boring, the Weather Forum is a whole new type of conversation.

That's what teens do :D

Naw its shut and if it was open it would be more like -20c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Still a waitin' for even a 20c here this month. Give me a 30c + heatwave or torrential rain anyday over this banal, watered down, inbetween trash we have right now.

• Advertisement

Naw its shut and if it was open it would be more like -20c.

From a fridge :eek: Even the white goods are 'cooler in Coleraine' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Domscard wrote: »
    From a fridge :eek: Even the white goods are 'cooler in Coleraine' :D
    Haha , LOL!:D

Well owen did you get a storm like the stunner we got here in Wexsford last night? (sorry couldn't resist)

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Haha , LOL!:D

Well owen did you get a storm like the stunner we got here in Wexsford last night? (sorry couldn't resist)

Aye my cousins electricity is still out in the town.:P:P:P

Aye my cousins electricity is still out in the town.:P:P:P

You got a good storm so?

temps look like staying generally staying in the 12-20C range between now and the end of July with showers almost daily, heatwave is back on for London tho starting from next Tuesday.

temps look like staying generally staying in the 12-20C range between now and the end of July with showers almost daily, heatwave is back on for London tho starting from next Tuesday.

OMG!:mad: Whatever i don't care anymore the days are getting shorter, we might aswell look forward to the winter knowing that it'll be colder than the dreaded south east! (hopefully.)

OMG!:mad: Whatever i don't care anymore the days are getting shorter, we might aswell look forward to the winter knowing that it'll be colder than the dreaded south east! (hopefully.)

Well london got hit alot worse than anywhere on the island of ireland during dec-jan , a northerly would prob leave them without anything , but would do the same to me!

Did coleraine get a storm last night? Was under the impression that no storms developed overland , i tought it was all developed out to sea and then diminished as came overland?

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Well london got hit alot worse than anywhere on the island of ireland during dec-jan , a northerly would prob leave them without anything , but would do the same to me!

Did coleraine get a storm last night? Was under the impression that no storms developed overland , i tought it was all developed out to sea and then diminished as came overland?

Don't even consider that, london never got colder than here!

My brother in London would kill for the kind of weather we're having for his allotment. Everything is parched and people are feeling melted. If only we could swap around for a while ...

• Advertisement

Don't even consider that, london never got colder than here!

:confused:ok , if ya say so! Well have to agree to disagree!

Did you get a storm or not last night?

Advertisement