Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Have you been to the etiquette thread yet? :pac:

Couchside about to go for a shower after doing bits and bobs all day.

Lonely day today, I'd love a catch up with people and a hug.

I said much the same in the What Do You Miss Most thread , or whatever it's called .
    It's the physical contact with others , (lack of) that gets to you imo .

Virtual hugs to you Leggy , not much help I know !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,330 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I said much the same in the What Do You Mis Most thread , or whatever it's called .
    It's the physical contact with others , (lack of) that gets to you imo .

Virtual hugs to you Leggy , not much help I know !

Thanks Mam, it just seems to hit some days. Tomorrow is a new day though.

Right, enough self pity and time to haul myself to the shower to wash away the negativity!

Thanks Mam, it just seems to hit some days. Tomorrow is a new day though.

Right, enough self pity and time to haul myself to the shower to wash away the negativity!

Geez , it's not self pity at all , and even if it is , so what ? We all have times when it gets to us , we're human after all , (well, I think so !) so don't feel bad for having an off day :)

Just vent all the frustration in The Purge on Saturday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Just vent all the frustration in The Purge on Saturday :D

Dont start me on that yoke with the fakey o sheas!!!I reckon Ive got to the bottom of them There is a lot going on there!
    Could be liable to do a Michael Douglas Falling Down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I guess, in a roundabout way.....we should actually thank Gemma O'Doherty for this evenings news about the Gardai being given the power to enforce the new restrictions.
    It'll make the holiday trippers a lot less likely to be venture to a caravan if they realise it could lead to a big fine and a few months away.

I'm in bed.... daughter had her first bad day today..so I was kinda busy keeping her amused,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Fakey o shea?. Sounds like someone that tried to sell me striped paint once....

Yep, think that's the jist of it.

I will read it again in the hope of getting it.

Crisp person etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

In fairness, it would be a great username. I think I should ragequit and come back as Fakey O'Shea

I guess, in a roundabout way.....we should actually thank Gemma O'Doherty for this evenings news about the Gardai being given the power to enforce the new restrictions.
    It'll make the holiday trippers a lot less likely to be venture to a caravan if they realise it could lead to a big fine and a few months away.

I'm in bed.... daughter had her first bad day today..so kinda busy keeping her amused,

Felt so sorry for that very young Garda trying to do his job. She is one nasty individual

Sardonicat wrote: »
    In fairness, it would be a great username. I think I should ragequit and come back as Fakey O'Shea

It is Mine!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

anewme wrote: »
    Felt so sorry for that very young Garda trying to do his job. She is one nasty individual

Fecking poison she is, i mean i will always try hard to find the redeeming features in all people but...

Fecking poison she is, i mean i will always try hard to find the redeeming features in all people but...

I would love to meet that person in reality.

I would love to meet that person in reality.

When i'm feeling strong maybe i would but for the most part if i met her i would definitely fall into quite a deep depression for a while. :(

When i'm feeling strong maybe i would but for the most part if i met her i would definitely fall into quite a deep depression for a while. :(

She is by all accounts a bit snobbish in person

Quite,how someone as educated as her,got sucked so deep into the world of online conspiracy theories is remarkable

> im in the bed,pure wide awake

Quite,how someone as educated as her,got sucked so deep into the world of online conspiracy theories is remarkable

She sounds like a fool with no cop on.

Don't mix education up with intelligence. Woman is an empty vessel.

I watched a cult documentary the other day and they sounded positively normal and grounded compared to some of her babble

• Registered Users Posts: 16,330 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Yep, think that's the jist of it.

I will read it again in the hope of getting it.

Crisp person etc.

The "crisp guy" is real!

I watched a cult documentary the other day and they sounded positively normal and grounded compared to some of her babble

Oh , what did you think of it Grem ?

I couldn't believe it when they started bussing in the poor down and outs !

Knackered after a few hour chess marathon online, to paraphrase the scripture of Jamiroquai felt like I was travelling without moving. In other news, better call Saul before the pigeon starts making a racket outside my window. Fleabag doesn't even wait for the dawn anymore, might tune in one of these days.

Oh , what did you think of it Grem ?

I couldn't believe it when they started bussing in the poor down and outs !

Honestly it was mad. How they could actually set up their own police, airport etc. Ship in homeless folk and nearly take over the county?. The fact that osho is a teaching worldwide now was something i didn't expect, glad i watched it despite it being kinda slow

• Advertisement

I don't think Gemma is a well woman. She had a breakdown after the death of her husband. There's a lot of research in to why some people go down the rabbit hole of conspiracy theories.

https://www.verywellmind.com/why-people-believe-in-conspiracy-theories-4690335

Honestly it was mad. How they could actually set up their own police, airport etc. Ship in homeless folk and nearly take over the county?. The fact that osho is a teaching worldwide now was something i didn't expect, glad i watched it despite it being kinda slow

It was very slow alright , but it definitely is one of those documentaries that leaves you scratching your head and wondering wtf did I just watch ? !

Even at the end , how many still believed in Bhagwan and could see no wrong in him , was mind boggling .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

• Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

It was very slow alright , but it definitely is one of those documentaries that leaves you scratching your head and wondering wtf did I just watch ? !

Even at the end , how many still believed in Bhagwan and could see no wrong in him , was mind boggling .
    How many episodes are there?

To thine own self be true

I think six? Maybe eight but six sticking in my head.. About an hour an episode

Six PM , each just over an hour long .
    It is good though .

Snap Grem !

Grem , the moon is bright (white) , there's a lovely hue surrounding it though .

Oh yeah near forgot about that, emailing and crap here i'll go check it out soon, themoon, like a loon, a buffoon, a wandering balloon

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Popping in to say hello all, and also to say goodnight! :D

Pleased here after a very long and at times incredibly stressful two days dealing with IT issues and problems with the computer printer and internet connection. My patience was wafer-thin to non-existent at times with all the problems cropping up that were affecting getting my online teaching and academic work from home done properly.

Most of the problems got ironed out this evening, and I felt a lot calmer after I felt I had confidence in the system working effectively for my course delivery.

Didn’t even get the chance to get outside for a good walk in the park in such beautiful weather - the best day of the year so far IMO. :)

As for Gemma O’Doherty, the woman is a deluded loon - but a potentially dangerous loon at that.

• Advertisement

Glad it came together for you Jupiter, hopefully a decent sleep now, you'll get your walk later :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement