Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

worst company you have ever come across?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭Esse85

Littlewoods

I wouldn't even buy a pair of socks from them these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Raconteuse wrote: »
    S
    The customers on Airline. Bunch of psychos.

How does a person feel ok about blaming some young lad on the desk for a plane being delayed.

Customers are not a company. The 'lad on the desk' represents the company. That is his job he is paid to represent the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Been with Eir for a few years and no issues, on a great deal albeit I haven't tried to cancel or have to deal with their support.

That's the key point. Product is grand, but if you need to do ANYTHING with them, you'll soon go dull with rage at their sheer incompetence in dealing with any request. Soul destroying......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

That's the key point. Product is grand, but if you need to do ANYTHING with them, you'll soon go dull with rage at their sheer incompetence in dealing with any request. Soul destroying......

For me it was how they treated my dad over the phone (when they didn’t know I was listening in) how they treat the elderly, trying to trap them & making it as difficult as possible to leave even when their not in contract.

Despicable shower of *****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Fastway couriers are brutal and unethical. Will never use them again. I needed to urgently send out a package which was work related and paid extra for next day delivery. They were a no-show! Re-booked and didn't show up at the time frame, but later that evening. Another wasted day. Then the package was held up at their centre. I missed the deadline and work wasn't very happy with me as it arrived on the 5th day, instead of next day. Called company and asked them to at least refund the difference I paid from next day to a regular delivery price. They refused! I was told it wasn't them who charged me, but the courier who actually delivered it (FedEx). That's not even true. I was even told that service wasn't guaranteed and the disclaimer is "all over their website." I asked him to show me where it says that and pointed out that if they can't guarantee a next day delivery service, then don't offer it or at least refund the difference. Got nowhere.

TLDR? Warning::: never pay extra for Fastway next day delivery service. Better yet-use someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Gls couriers, mother of God.
    Limerick prenatal clinic(baby factory I'm classing it)
    For a crowd that are in the business for years any day I've gone in there with the Mrs they appear to be working like it's their first day.
    It's like the clerical staff do not talk to the medical staff . I work for myself but I know I could run it better. It's so bad it's funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,754 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I wouldnt mind giving joe duffy a call about fastway. or follow them on their rounds, filming them throwing every package into hedges/gardens and put it up on youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Hilarious the way people think phoning a laughed at radio show is such a threat. :D
    BanditLuke wrote: »
    Special shout out to Luas or whoever runs it. A pigeon ****s on the tracks and they seem to have technical issues utterly useless.
    An example of something not being bad customer service, just something you don't like. They need to be extremely cautious about safety, and anything that reduces friction on the tracks. They're not "useless".
    Customers are not a company. The 'lad on the desk' represents the company. That is his job he is paid to represent the company.
    Cop out to justify bullying. It's not the fault of the lad on the desk. And nothing whatsoever excuses giving him abuse.

well I run a company and I wouldnt want it being torn to pieces on national radio. that radio show is listened to by half the country. do you think people would be listening and saying oh I must use fastway in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,713 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Cop out to justify bullying. It's not the fault of the lad on the desk. And nothing whatsoever excuses giving him abuse.

100% correct. I can’t stand people who think that a young lad/lass is directly responsible for whatever issue you have. And a lot of the time it’s the persons own fault!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

pgj2015 wrote: »
    well I run a company and I wouldnt want it being torn to pieces on national radio. that radio show is listened to by half the country. do you think people would be listening and saying oh I must use fastway in the future?

Then don't run an unethical company that takes advantage of your customers and treats them (and/or their property) like trash.

Fastway deserves the reputation they have. If half the country heard about them then good-that's a lot of people who will have avoided scammers and wasting their hard earned money. There's even a parody Fastway account someone started on twitter because their service is actually a JOKE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

The Joe Duffy show is a joke though.

There are better ways to get the point across. Like social media (without being an arsehole to the person running the social media account).

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Then don't run an unethical company that takes advantage of your customers and treats them (and/or their property) like trash.

Fastway deserves the reputation they have. If half the country heard about them then good-that's a lot of people who will have avoided scammers and wasting their hard earned money. There's even a parody Fastway account someone started on twitter because their service is actually a JOKE.

I know what they are like, I started this thread and gave them my vote for the worst company I have ever come across.

can you put up a link to that parody page.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 whatsthecraic?

Like everyone else on the thread I also have to say Fastway. Unmitigated disaster.

Littlewoods. After a hellish experience with a pair of boots, I'll never buy anything from there again.

Zara. Lost over €100 order on me last year and refused to refund me because they swore it had been delivered to the store. The store had absolutely no record of it whatsoever. Rang them countless times and they just didn't want to know. In fairness I have to say the staff and manager in the store were great. They rang them for me twice but still to no avail. I eventually ended up ringing my bank to see if they could do anything. They couldn't without physical proof so they advised me to get screenshots of the conversation. I ended up sending whatsapp's to Zara and lo and behold once they saw that I had physical evidence of them lying through their teeth, I was refunded half an hour later. I'll never order from them again though.

DPD are bloody great though. I can't fault them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

It might be down to particular area location, but I have had lots of issues with DPD just dropping packages to the door and running away without even ringing or knocking. This has happened in all weather, rain or shine. I saw them deliver a box as big as a small fridge across the road one day - just left it at the doorstep and buggered off. I had to knock across to the neighbour to tell them it was outside.

I always complained to the actual company I ordered off (various, including amazon), but they were not interested... seems customer service is in short supply all round, when an end customer complains about their sub contracted delivery service, and even they don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭con___manx1

pgj2015 wrote: »
    For me it is hand s down Fastway couriers.

The last 3 times they "delivered" something to my house, they threw it in the garden, too lazy to drive up the lane and hand it to us or even leave it in the porch like they should do.

you should see their google reviews, 1.6 stars. all complaints about how they just throw your items into hedges or on your lawn etc it is like the boss has told them to do anything they can to piss people off.

i use parcel motel. its only 4 euro postage from the uk. dont have to worry about any courriers leaving my parcel in the garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

i use parcel motel. its only 4 euro postage from the uk. dont have to worry about any courriers leaving my parcel in the garden.

Funnily enough, after a few good years, I experienced a severe deterioration in the service from Parcel Motel in the last few years and had to switch to An Post Addresspal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    Funnily enough, after a few good years, I experienced a severe deterioration in the service from Parcel Motel in the last few years and had to switch to An Post Addresspal.

An Post have become a really customer-centric company in the past few years. Can’t fault them these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,023 ✭✭✭✭neris

Theyre good. The lad who does the collections and deliveries in our area is great, rings you to let you know hes on the way or what time he expects to deliver at. Have had to tell him to leave stuff in their local depot and the lads there are great aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Golgafrinchan 'B' Ark

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Ger Roe wrote: »
    It might be down to particular area location, but I have had lots of issues with DPD just dropping packages to the door and running away without even ringing or knocking. This has happened in all weather, rain or shine. I saw them deliver a box as big as a small fridge across the road one day - just left it at the doorstep and buggered off. I had to knock across to the neighbour to tell them it was outside.

I always complained to the actual company I ordered off (various, including amazon), but they were not interested... seems customer service is in short supply all round, when an end customer complains about their sub contracted delivery service, and even they don't care.

Amazon do listen to complaints about courier service in fairness, I know that for a fact.

I made all my complaints to Fastway in writing, eventually got through to a regional manager who promised me the service I was subjected to was not only below acceptable but disgraceful and would be rectified the next day.

It wasn't and he never again replied to another email over a period of a couple of weeks all about the same issue, that had cost Amazon money. I forwarded all correspondence on to Amazon and Fastway got the boot, at least from south Kerry anyway.

In your case it might be an isolated complaint, DPD are without doubt the most professional courier company operating here and their employees seem very happy as well as well trained.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 whatsthecraic?

It tends to be the same guy who delivers here the whole time, so maybe we've just got a really good driver? Though in fairness I always get an email when it's out for shipping and a text about an hour or so before they expect to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Ryanair.

Flew Munich-Dublin last June with them, paid for a bike to be transported, it never arrived. Got a ticket number, rang the next day and 4 days later as requested, got through both times. Then nothing..... rang 152 times over the following 8 weeks and never got to speak to anybody.

Bike was worth €2300, so went out to their office in Swords, they threatened me with the Gardai as its not a public office, I was very polite all the time. They eventually declared it as lost and paid me €1,400.

But there was a happy ending.... I flew to Germany the following week for work, flew via Munich, found the bike and took it home on the train.

Story is here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057990070

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

Three, horrible, horrible, horrible customer service. No interest in listening just want to extract your money and pass the buck. ‘Yes, your complaint will be resolved in 3 to 5 working days....’, ‘ no X that you were dealing with last week is not available to speak to you.....’ my issue was never resolved. €700 less well off now.

Vodafone another horrible company. After my father suddenly passed away we had serious issues trying to resolve his bill account. Nobody wanted to listen. Threatened my mother with court at a time of extreme grief. It took two solicitor letters and months of stress to deal with them, which is the last thing anyone wants at a time like that.

All of them? Sometimes answers that the customer doesn't like (or services that the customer doesn't like paying for) are inaccurately considered bad customer service.

They’re all terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Three. They were fine when they were O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,934 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'll add another vote to Eir.
    Had months of back and forth with them switching from another provider.
    On phone, in the shop, having to start as ll over again with every agent.
    Basically then, I paid then what I owed them as per the agreed contract.
    Their credit control got after me for the excess that I hadn't signed up for (even the agents admitted it wasn't owed by me).
    I think it was about 5 months and I don't know how many conversations, emails, chat etc later it got sorted.
    Totally frustrating.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

An Post have become a really customer-centric company in the past few years. Can’t fault them these days.

You jest, surely. Screwing elderly customers by closing rural offices. Constantly upping the price of stamps (granted the latter is probably a business necessity).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

Same here, They drop items in front of the house and run away, even though it is written on the package: please leave item in the steel shed.

Advertisement