Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I began tucking my 5 year old into bed and he tells me, “Daddy check for monsters under my bed.” I look underneath for his amusement and see him, another him, under the bed, staring back at me quivering and whispering, “Daddy there’s somebody on my bed.”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Stoats are very often, albeit incorrectly, referred to as weasels in this country.

Reminds me of the old joke - What is the difference between a weasel and a stoat?

A weasel is weasily wecognised, but a stoat is stoatily different!

I'll see myself out. Although as a note on that, seeing four to six weasels in the open would very likely make all the birds in the area shut up for a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Omackeral wrote: »
    I began tucking my 5 year old into bed and he tells me, “Daddy check for monsters under my bed.” I look underneath for his amusement and see him, another him, under the bed, staring back at me quivering and whispering, “Daddy there’s somebody on my bed.”

Credited to a Juan J Ruiz. Felicitationes!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Wooo....that is very creepy....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Oh yeah, the creepy thing is I don't even have any kids!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 Realist2

one time i was sleeping on my own, in a pitch black room, i woke up seen a shadow that looked like the outline about the same size of a person, who shouted boo, i jumped out of bed and banged my head off the wall, turned on the light, nothing there, have slept with a lamp since, before that was sleeping in a room in my friends house, it was haunted, i was told by the person staying there that he woke up in the middle of the night and he seen the things on his shelf moving, when i stayed there, it was horrific, i kept the light on, didn't help, i heard screaming, kept the door open, still it was bad, a terrible feeling engulfed me that whole night, thats all for now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Given the amount of ghosts that are likely to actually yell "BOO!", I suspect you wuz had on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ticklebelly7

Has anyone seen a King Rat? It's where their tails fuse together in the nest or something and you get a moving ball of rats going around doing rat things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Has anyone seen a King Rat? It's where their tails fuse together in the nest or something and you get a moving ball of rats going around doing rat things.

First of all I thought you were talking about "Nidge" but then I read it in full and Jesus, what a sight, I hate Rats. :eek:

Edit: found this : https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f4/Ratking.jpg

https://f1.bcbits.com/img/a0591579875_10.jpg

Yeuch!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

You are Halo Jones and I claim my £5.

AHh..............The Rat Pack.....They were great in their day :rolleyes:

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I was at a Stoat funeral but I got Stocious and Let myself down.

The Stoats weren't happy and put me under omertà but when I drink I am a liability………….

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Only rats would come up with something so freaky.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Terry Pratchett wrote about a Rat King in 'Maurice and his Educated Rodents' very terrifying!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_king_(folklore)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,957 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

mud wrote: »
    Terry Pratchett wrote about a Rat King in 'Maurice and his Educated Rodents' very terrifying!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_king_(folklore)

and this.. (amazing books!)

http://www.thehorrorsection.com/2008/06/rat-trilogy.html

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I see things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭semionova

Yeah all on the internet from bullies who will not leave me alone. Leave me alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭PressRun

Creepy thing happened to me a couple of weeks back.

I went out for a few drinks with some mates and at around half 1, I decided to head home from the pub. There's a shortcut to my house where you can cut through a street of houses, go under an archway and it brings you out onto my road. I often took this route home as it's close to the pub and the tube station and this night was no different. I walked along the street by the houses, but when I came round the corner to nip under the archway I saw a man there, kneeling on the ground. He was rooting through a bag quite frantically, and I was a bit shocked at seeing him there on the ground that I stopped in my tracks. He sensed I was there and stopped what he was doing and just stared me out of it for a few seconds. I was feeling pretty nervous about all of this and didn't quite know what to do. He then got to his feet and started walking towards me while aggressively jabbering absolute nonsense and making weird noises. I was freaked and booked it out of there. I could hear him shouting after me, but I didn't stop to look if he was following me, just kept running the long way back to my house.

I reckon he was off his head on something, but I got a pretty intimidating vibe off him. I think he would have hurt me if I'd tried to pass him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

One summer night I was standing outside the back door having a smoke when I heard a extremely deep and unnerving growl from the other side of the the fence, in which a small side path lay that lead out to the backs. It was a deeper growl that any big dog could possibly give, and was actually quite demonic sounding - more like a tiger or panther growl or something. I looked over the fence but nothing was there. Sorta freaked me out. I was living in a small housing estate out the country at the time so I can only conclude that it was some sort of wild , agile animal that wandered in - at least I hope so!

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭redbel05

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    One summer night I was standing outside the back door having a smoke when I heard a extremely deep and unnerving growl from the other side of the the fence, in which a small side path lay that lead out to the backs. It was a deeper growl that any big dog could possibly give, and was actually quite demonic sounding - more like a tiger or panther growl or something. I looked over the fence but nothing was there. Sorta freaked me out. I was living in a small housing estate out the country at the time so I can only conclude that it was some sort of wild , agile animal that wandered in - at least I hope so!

:D My cat growls much much deeper than my dog, or the neighbours giant breed dogs for that matter. Freaked me out the first time I heard it, when I heard her from a different room. Crept into the room not knowing what to expect, she saw me looking at her and went back to her pretty little kitten meow. Further evidence (as if it was needed) that all cats are possessed. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I heard something similar the other night, when I was standing out on my front porch, having a cigarette at around midnight.
    Our road was quiet, nobody going by, and I heard this deep growl...like a tiger!
    I legged it back into the house pretty swiftish..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭darlenmol

A badger I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Friend of mine was out having a ciggy late one winters night, he lives really far out, nearest house is probably half mile away and his house is surrounded by big old trees, woods and a steep valley leading to a river about quarter mile from the house, anyway he said he felt a very strange feeling when he was about half way through the cigarette (I asked him what kind of smoke he was having..) but he said he felt not like he was being watched but more like he was being stalked, the wind was blowing in hard gusts and the rain was spitting intermittently but he couldn't see anything in the pitch blackness.

He said he had his back to the house and he felt behind himself for the door handle while he backed up slowly, just then he said he heard something really heavy thud to the ground and a huge exhaling noise, like some big animal just fell and was winded by the fall, he said it was very close to him, he said he nearly jumped backwards through the door and locked it after himself. He was sober telling me this and he was serious, mind you he still lives there, but he doesn't smoke anymore.

One summer night I was standing outside the back door having a smoke

fussyonion wrote: »
    I heard something similar the other night, when I was standing out on my front porch, having a cigarette

Friend of mine was out having a ciggy

What the fook were you guys smoking :confused:

What the fook were you guys smoking :confused:

More irrefutable proof that smoking can be dangerous to your health......:D

• darlenmol wrote: »
    A badger I'd say
    ... just then he said he heard something really heavy thud to the ground and a huge exhaling noise, like some big animal just fell and was winded by the fall...

Badger falling over?

Badger falling over?

...that's actually how I splained it to heem, but hee weren't wairin' it.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭darlenmol

Badger falling over?

Badgers climb if they smell food and they weigh quite a bit. It could explain the growl and the thud.

Advertisement