Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

worst company you have ever come across?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Two weeks ago our An Post delivery was signed for by the driver himself and left outside the office building, no call or buzzer to say he had been. Have met a few angry DHL drivers when you tell them they are at the wrong building and we can't accept their parcels.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Murphy14

Sky Tv
    Ulster Bank

Zero customer service just reading off a script

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭satguy

Three .

I often thought they do it on purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Jaysis,

Just because yis are not getting out doesn't me yis can't open a window and get some fresh air, too much venting by the computer is not good for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

In my experience it has to be a tie between Vodafone and AES. Both are absolutely f*cking shocking.
    SeaFields wrote: »
    Vodafone. Hands down useless if you have a problem. You want a new contract or anything they are fantastic to deal with. Typical.

Vodafone definitely. Broadband was constantly failing after I signed up last summer. After 2 months, it went dead permanently. Numerous calls, but they were unable to fix so was cancelled.

This has lead to constant barrage of threatening phone calls, emails and text messages ever since as they continue to charge for the broadband (billing department were never informed!). They ignore and/or lose any text messages/emails I send and every phone call means starting the conversation from scratch, being passed from team to team, none of whom can see any history of the issue, desire/power to resolve the situation, just simply say that this has nothing to do with their team and pass you on to another team for a "wash, rinse, repeat".

As an organisation, it really needs to be put down...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭Treppen

Jaysis,

Just because yis are not getting out doesn't me yis can't open a window and get some fresh air, too much venting by the computer is not good for ye.

Did someone mention Eir?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Allianz insurance, breakdown recovery doesn't actually mean breakdown recovery.
    In what way? I've Allianz and would dread to think that if the worst happened, their breakdown assist would be useless.

Anyway, like others, eir have to be up there as one of the worst. Until more recently, I'd have UPS up there as they were always garbage but seem to have improved (locally at least) since taking over Nightline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭Treppen

As far as couriers go An Post... Get a text to say I want in...We've left it at the local post office... Not there... Go to collection dept... Not there .. postal ping pong... Umpteen phone calls... Neighbor drops it in day later.

DPD are great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,863 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Tea Shock wrote: »
    NTL/Chorus/UPC - whatever you want to call them

virgin?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Eir.

that

They changed hands so many times they are unrecognisable from our former Irish telecoms state company. They're now just another reseller with a call centre owned by god-knows-who trying to squeeze the last 3 cents out of that former reputation and whatever else they think they can squeeze something out of. You actually get a nobody-gives-a-sh1t vibe off them when dealing with them.

And I'm not just saying that because its the thing to say. I've been with them for 2 years and all is grand if all works well, but if you have anything out of the ordinary you're in trouble.

I'm gone now and I actually have 1 cent credit with them due to some payment something. I assume I will be getting statements from them over that 1 cent til the day I die, probably past that too. (Although as an IT guy that one I can almost sympathise with)

The girlfriend is the same. She used to have her mobile with them for a while. She doesn't have a credit but gets statements anyway. 7.82 in and 7.82 out. Every month. Must have been that last payment or something. If their billing system does that you wonder what else it does...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Is correct. Amazing they stayed in business for as long as they did.

Buy IT Direct are right up there. Worth reading through their Google reviews for a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Three.

They 'ungraded' My3 in October and now I can't
    see my bills or pay them online. When I asked when it would be fixed they never responded.
    Asked to be changed to paper billing and that never happened either.

They are well aware that 1000's can't access their online account but don't care.

They'd care if we all similarly 'upgraded' our payments.

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

Three network

Irish van rentals

Ryanair

Garbage companies with some of the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. Actually Ireland is usually pretty bad for customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

+1 For Vodafone.

Had an old copper line broadband connection. Slow, unreliable and just about able to tolerate it if working from home.
    Then the Vodafone router failed... the WiFi went on it.
    I was told since I was 12 months through my 18 month contract that it was "my router" and they would charge me to replace it, or I could sign another contract with them.
    I went with option 3, used it as a cable modem and plugged my own Wifi router in.

Others... laptopdirect.ie
    Bought a 2TB NAS hard drive from them, it was dead on arrival.
    They only refunded me the price of the drive, not the delivery.
    So a public post on their Facebook page corrected that.

And a car dealership in Rush, North Dublin.
    Had a deposit on a car, but they then sold it that week, completely ignored requests to give me the VIN number and flat out lied that they hadn't sold it to my face when I could see the transaction online.

Ulster Bank.... from the ridiculous I.T. failure fiasco, terrible communications with a loan application and introducing more and more banking charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Three.

Can’t wait to finish my current contract and never have anything ever Ever ever ever again to do with them.

Can’t see them being around in a few years, completely unhelpful and inflexible for anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

DPD hand parcels to my neighbors without my permission.

However the worst company ever has to be Virgin Media..The worst company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Do Zamano still exist?

What they used to get up to was just theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Eir, I wasted 3 hours of my life on a call to them. Torture.

I would have said Ryanair a few years ago but they have upped their game thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

A lot of couriers these days want limited interaction with people. And fair enough.

Or that's their excuse.

One of the couriers in work was notorious for 'signing' for packages, by the person they assumed should be there, even if they were on holidays. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

theteal wrote: »
    Do Zamano still exist?

What they used to get up to was just theft.

Thankfully no.... http://www.zamano.com/zamano-plc-in-voluntary-liquidation/
    They stole a lot of credit from my wifes phone without permission too.

But that could just mean they folded up that company and started another one...
    Would need to search where the directors are now.... although I doubt it's in prison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Irish opinions are another one.

I did surveys for them for years, then they told me I wasn't completing them in the right way and removed me from their panel, I always completed the surveys honestly. They have done this with a lot of people, some had a lot of credit built up, say 100 euro or more that they never received.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Caegan

Eircom/Eir and by a huge margin.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,580 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Allianz insurance, breakdown recovery doesn't actually mean breakdown recovery.

Chill insurance will provide a replacement vehicle if your car breaks down but not if you have a van. Wtf is that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

Three, Nokia, Blizzard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭bmc58

Chorus were a head wrecker for us,UPC improved the service for a while in my opinion.The latest change Virgin Media I ans my wife find pretty good.At least you get to talk to a human fairly quick when you ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭Homelander

Off the top of my head, Uber Eats or Fastway Couriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Fastway without a shadow of a doubt.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭bmc58

virgin?

Can't agree with you there.We (our house) are happy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭jack of all

Eir has proven to be a head wrecker, especially around renewal time. The only reason I stay with them is I've gotten good deals when I persisted with their call centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

More so the managers than the company. One was a particularly vile disgusting crude ugly bullying intimidating human being, a person I hope to never ever see again. Needs serious psychiatric help. Hate her beyond belief but have some sympathy as she is clearly damaged.

Advertisement