Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Only Fools & Horses

• 09-02-2020 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭

Classic show. Just watching some episodes on Netflix.
    Currently have the episode on where Del and Rodney are on the town and they go to a few bars and clubs. It's the episode where Rodney thinks they've pulled and the gag is "nah.... They're a couple of geezers" :pac:

The way Del backs off out of the place is classic. He doesn't want to turn his back lol.

Couldn't get away with that now. Lol. Can't see some younger people appreciating the show now :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,415 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Only fools is a brilliant show. I mean Trigger is an all time great character.

There are so many brilliant scenes where comedy and serious meshed together so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I'll always remember the one , Christmas special i think, where they're dressed as batman and robin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

You're in for a treat with the Chandelier scene. Oddly I hated this programme as a kid, I guess maturity brought with it a different sense of humour. It's brilliant and heartwarming. I wish I was watching again through new eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

One of the best TV shows every made.

Wouldn't get away with making it now due to the PC Climate Change snowflake brigade

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Classic show. Just watching some episodes on Netflix.
    Currently have the episode on where Del and Rodney are on the town and they go to a few bars and clubs. It's the episode where Rodney thinks they've pulled and the gag is "nah.... They're a couple of geezers" :pac:

The way Del backs off out of the place is classic. He doesn't want to turn his back lol.

Couldn't get away with that now. Lol. Can't see some younger people appreciating the show now :p
    You mean Dave:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    You mean Dave:D

That is truly amazing when you think about it. They made an on-going gag by one character calling another by the wrong name and it was so funny.

I think the ultimate one has to be when Rodney and Cassandra get married and you hear Trig, full on with delayed timing from the rest of the group as they say "Cassandra and Rodney" and he says Dave off camera lol.

I mean what other show in TV have had characters like Del boy, grandad, Uncle Albert(who'd been down more holes than Tony Jacklin)rodney, Boycy, Trigger, Denzil, Paddy the greek, Ugandan Maurice to name but a few.

I mean the episodes involving a Chandelier, luminous paint in a chinese take away, being stuck in a cottage with a axe murderer, going to amsterdam and back on a boat. The genius of john sullivan the creator is that the majority of his scripts were somewhat based in reality. That is why the show connected with people is because people could identify with the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

D.A.V.E.

D.A.V.E.

Is dave a nickname then ? That again shows the genius of John Sullivan in the recurring gag which wasn't lashed into but over time was just genius.

You're right itssoeasy.
    I loved the show as a kid but as an adult the writing of this show is excellent. It's amazing.
    The situations they get into are just so brilliantly written and funny.

Very few shows also have such a collection of characters. The only others I can think of is The Simpsons and Seinfeld.

• Advertisement

You're right itssoeasy.
    I loved the show as a kid but as an adult the writing of this show is excellent. It's amazing.
    The situations they get into are just so brilliantly written and funny.

Very few shows also have such a collection of characters. The only others I can think of is The Simpsons and Seinfeld.
    Only fools and horses is the only TV show where I might have not seen an episode for a while but once I see it I can quote parts of it out loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,821 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I’ve got a pony in my pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 35,568 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Delboy at the Dentist was funny. Trying in vain to leave as the Dentist wanted to extract his tooth

Delboy : I can't do it now, I gotta go,
    Dentist: getting needle ready, '' it won't take long''
    Delboy; but my brother is waiting in the car''
    Dentist : ''Just a little prick''
    Delboy: '' so you know him then? ''

Can anyone guess the episode / gag from the picture attached? Haha. Pic is not mobile friendly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,060 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Can anyone guess the episode / gag from the picture attached? Haha. Pic is not mobile friendly.

It's the one where Del is seeing a woman, Pauline her name might have been, whose husbands happened to die suspiciously after taking out large life insurance policies. They leave the flat once they convince Del of her intentions and return a few days later only to realise that she's, in her rage left the phone on to the US talking clock for days and they're yelling "Hang it up!"

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Ding ding ding.
    Well done man.

The talking Clock episode. Haha. Del boy got back with his ex girlfriend(pauline) who had a few ex husbands who died. Magic stuff.

Hang up the phone, it's a talking clock. Funny episode

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Loved the poker game.

and when grandad was trying to get the dukes of hazard on the microwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Helga and her nine fingers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiQLHDOY_F8

Trigger and Mozart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlaNuauwUCs

One of my faves, Grandad horrified...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIMv8ZyfnJ8

Great show.

• Advertisement

Falling through the bar counter at the 'yuppie' wine bar. Laugh every time. :)

OFAH was basically on a loop in my house growing up, my dad was/is a massive fan. It looks dated, but the humour isn't. Punchlines and pathos in perfect harmony.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭elstingeo

I've had this broom for 20 years, I've only had to get 17 new heads and 14 new handles Dave...

elstingeo wrote: »
    I've had this broom for 20 years, I've only had to get 17 new heads and 14 new handles Dave...
    How in the hell is that the same broom?
    Well there's a picture of it:D

The episode with the cottage and the mad patient. Rodney sees movement in the trees. In the middle of a storm. Also according to del, what self respecting axe muderer would leave his chopper in the side board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

People who were famous for only a short while. Gandhi, one film and done.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Loved the poker game.

and when grandad was trying to get the dukes of hazard on the microwave.

The poker game and del went double or quits with a double headed coin that Rodney picked the wrong side,

The time grandad tried to play drafts on a talking chess board.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

It’s the best comedy of all time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Everyone has a favourite scene. Mine is when del boy borrows a pump action shot gun from a bank robber to go clay pigeon shooting with the upper classes.

"Iggy iggins robs banks"

"Yeah but it's Saturday"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Is dave a nickname then ? That again shows the genius of John Sullivan in the recurring gag which wasn't lashed into but over time was just genius.

John Sullivan who's father was from Cork city. We can nearly claim it as our own.

Advertisement