Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Microsoft Office 365 Home

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

If you reserved it at €50 will they honour it today?

Yes, you might just need to tell remind them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Can anybody confirm if these stack on top of an existing sub which was purchased as a yearly product also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

leex wrote: »
    Can anybody confirm if these stack on top of an existing sub which was purchased as a yearly product also.

I have stacked these codes before. Buy them on special and save them. I have a spare one atm but do stack digital codes. They add on 12 months to the end of my current sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

And are these country specific or can you stack say an Argos UK one on top of an Argos bought one etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

That's one of those Volume license keys mentioned above. Generally issued to business and education only.

You can certainly use them, but these keys are not intended for resale to the general public and they could be deactivated by MSFT at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Not as cheap, but €54 on amazon.de - don't think they're region locked but not 100% sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Not as cheap, but €54 on amazon.de - don't think they're region locked but not 100% sure
    Only available within Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Only available within Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

shanec1928 wrote: »
    It is it’s against the t/c’s you sign when you (the org where the licenses are originate from) sign up an enterprise agreement.

Not illegal according to the European court. Don't think it matters what Microsoft says here if the courts decide otherwise.

A quick 2 second goggle search revealed this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-license-key-resale-and-ebay-retail-products/bd62fd36-8039-469d-9b0b-0f0b4bb454f9

Furthermore if it were illegal EBAY would not be allowed to keep the listings under the 'license key 365' / 'oem license key' search terms etc.

That said. You are buying a volume account on Ebay that usually has no expiration date but if the owner of the account decides to close it you will lose access.

Furthermore I am still not 100% sure (only did limited search) if the owner of the volume account is able to access your onedrive to see data. I don't think they can but not 100% sure.

Lastly 50E for a legitimate 365 account is a great price but wanted to emphasize that these 5E license keys are allowed based on the EU courts and they do work but there are potential downsides.

P.S. Looks like the law in the U.S. is different but in the EU it's ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭in2dark

Offer is back in argos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Is anyone only getting the option for Germany when choosing region associated with the product key?

AngryLips wrote: »
    Is anyone only getting the option for Germany when choosing region associated with the product key?

You need to go for the box version not the email version. So they will ohysically ship the oroduct.

As i said offer back in argos ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭AngryLips

in2dark wrote: »
    You need to go for the box version not the email version. So they will ohysically ship the oroduct.

As i said offer back in argos ;-)

This is the offer I got in Argos just now after you posted - thanks BTW ;)

Just FYI
    i had bought the family edition a month ago from amazon de
    I bought the argos version today
    Added the code to my account and worked as a charm, updated for another year for 50€

Amazing value for money

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Just FYI
    i had bought the family edition a month ago from amazon de
    I bought the argos version today
    Added the code to my account and worked as a charm, updated for another year for 50€

Amazing value for money

my sub with office 365 runs untill october, can i buy now and input code and have 12 months from october you think ?

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    my sub with office 365 runs untill october, can i buy now and input code and have 12 months from october you think ?

Yes it will add another year from October

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

libreoffice.org ITS FREE and works the same.

DERICKOO wrote: »

You dont compare like for like.

1. This comes with 1tb cloud storage for each of 5 different users

2. Even though i dont use windows, and only have linux on my 3 pcs, libreoffice is decades behind msoffice

So please lets compare like for like.

This price at argos is unbeatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭chonix

You dont compare like for like.

1. This comes with 1tb cloud storage for each of 5 different users

2. Even though i dont use windows, and only have linux on my 3 pcs, libreoffice is decades behind msoffice

So please lets compare like for like.

This price at argos is unbeatable.
    Even though Notepad would work just fine, it's not the same. You type text and save it somewhere.
    Also with O365 you can use MS Apps in the cloud and therefore you don't need to install it, Google Apps wise.

Different products, different needs. It's also a whole solution.
    You can do Libreoffice + Dropbox/GDrive/Onenote synchronization, but it's kind of a patched up solution whereas in a paid MS product, you expect what you're looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

DERICKOO wrote: »

Dutch Gold is Lager & is 4% ABV.

Would still pay double for a decent beer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Open Office is another alternative

I used ability office years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭antomack

The family subscription is down to stg£50 on amazon at the moment.
    Microsoft 365 Family 1 year

Hadn't realised it's back at Argos for €49 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

When I logged on my PC this morning, Microsoft tried pushing a €49.59 offer for the family plan as shown in this photo I took of the screen:

4gZOqeJ.png

For anyone that gets this at logon, it seems to be a one-off offer, so if you are interested and get this pop-up at logon, you'll need to purchase it at that screen. If you haven't rebooted your PC recently, it's worth a try. I had a quick check in the Store App and website, but showing at the usual €99 there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭druss

Offer is back in argos

I picked up my reservation today. The price at the kiosk is back to €75 euro, but my reservation email price was honoured. Thanks to in2dark for the reminder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭druss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭SachaJ

£47.99 on Amazon for Prime Day. Activation code in box rather than digitally.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0853F63RQ/

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Anyone interested in sharing a licence please pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

sue97 wrote: »
    Anyone interested in sharing a licence please pm me.

Really???

That’s an incredibly bad idea for a multitude of reasons

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Any offers on the lifetime package?

I don't go in for yearly software subscriptions.

Advertisement