Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Charlie Sheen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

bonerm wrote: »
    $3 million for an ep of that shíte? And here was I thinking Biffo was overpaid.

At least Biffo was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

TBF if i was Charlie Sheen i would be out of my bin the whole day long aswell.
    Two million an episode why would you stay sober!!!
    He wakes up everyday beside some hot girl, a gucci bag full of coke ,he is living the dream in my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Charlie sheen. spoilt byproduct of yet another celebrity family dynasty who was the first port of call for farcical throwaway flicks. like father/dislike son the Sheen boys got very lucky off the back of their father's success, much like the Sutherlands. such a clichéd bad boy is the ego maniac, revelling in himself

Woaaaaaaaaaaah there luv!

Don't be giving out about poor Martin, Emilio and poor Donald and feicing Kiefer!!

They have done pretty damn good for themselves even if they were involved in "farcical" flicks as you call them. Martin with the West Wing and Emilio doing directing.

Kiefer is just friggin awesome end of conversation :pac:

ejmaztec wrote: »
    He doesn't even know what he's thinking, let alone anyone else. If it weren't for the credits on the show, he wouldn't even know what his name
    is.

Why do you say that? Do you know of any psych problems he has? I wasnt aware. His drug tests all came up clean, so why wouldnt he know his own name/

Charlie is being hammered for speaking out about things in US. famous birth cert, would be one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Cancel 2 and a half men and just give Charlie a 30min show where he justs rants.

Charlie Sheen is Winning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Metallitroll

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    They have done pretty damn good for themselves even if they were involved in "farcical" flicks as you call them. Martin with the West Wing and Emilio doing directing.

i never suggested any of martin's projects were farces, like father/unlike son! other than the looks department of course.. emilio is not up to much, still plying a career in the industry daddy gave him a leg up in. i'm sure he'll make a great director.. ya never know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

It seems Charlie Sheen has become Charlie Harper

And FYI, 2.5 Men is the best comedy on television today

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Hazys wrote: »
    Cancel 2 and a half men and just give Charlie a 30min show where he justs rants.

Charlie Sheen is Winning.

Bit more watchable quality wise

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Daemos wrote: »

And FYI, 2.5 Men is the best comedy on television today

Doesn't say much. It's dire all the same.

i thought 2 n a half men was some old english sitcom, until he made the news with his rubbish. whats it, some yank sitcom?! i'll never see it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

The man is a legend really but I just can't stand the show, it's base level tripe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Two and a half men actually shocked me with the level of sexism in it. There was one scene showing how stupid his one night stand was the morning after, and it just made me feel sick. Apparantly its based on the director's own personal experiences in hollywood. He certainly doesn't have a high opinion of women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Two and a half men actually shocked me with the level of sexism in it. There was one scene showing how stupid his one night stand was the morning after, and it just made me feel sick. Apparantly its based on the director's own personal experiences in hollywood. He certainly doesn't have a high opinion of women.

If anything then all that does is balance out the sexist undertone that purveys practically every advert aimed at 'adults' on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I never felt offended by it anyway, it's what the show is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

In fairness, he's a bit of a bollox. He doesn't really have any talent to speak of, and I don't really know why people are applauding him for "doing his own thing". The man has problems. He's not drinking and drugging to make a statement or do his own thing, he's doing it cos he's got issues. He'd wanna sort himself out. Not that I really give a sh*t about him. He's a bit of a hack.

Also, Two and A Half Men was balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

In fairness it does show men in a bad light too. Take Alan, he's actually fully whipped by his ex-wife, has confidance issues over it, was screwed (or at least that's the opinion I had) from his divorce, basically grovels to get any female's attention (even without the chance of sex), he just wants their approval.

Charlie is the opposite: great confidance, plethora of women, one of the two relationships he had in the show (with Mia) made him change his life for a bit but behind it all, he's still a lonely little boy. Rose said she wouldn't change him (despite her being a stalker and slightly insane), he still doesn't realize he'd be much better with her. And there have been points in the show where he admits he envys guys that can hold down a relationship (then takes it back when someone wants to carry on the conversation) and says he's happy with who he is.
    Personally, I think he wishes he could just settle down but he's too afraid.

In the end, while it does show a bad side to the women in the show, from sexual things anyway, it's usually true. If you're dumb enough to fall for a guy like Charlie you deserve it; same with any guy who falls for a "hot" girl and buys her a bunch of stuff and she leaves him. Eventually the word will get around and she won't find so many rich men and those she does find who are too ignorant to face common sense deserve it.

That's my take on it at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

all men just want to be like charlie on two and a half men, thats why they hate him so much:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

fully whipped

pussy whipped. close, mind.. closest i've seen on boards

whereas charlie is a bad advert for the exact opposite :mad: i just wanna be pussywhipped now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

pussy whipped. close, mind.. closest i've seen on boards

whereas charlie is a bad advert for the exact opposite :mad: i just wanna be pussywhipped now!

I don't understand what you mean.

I don't understand what you mean.

then the issue may lie with your comprehension what i am gettin at is charlie sheen is nothing but a spoilt full of himself muppet offspring of a genuinely good actor in the public eye, aw daddy can i be like you, sure here's a leg-up son, just follow em there footsteps i have previously laid down n its hey media circus capture this, watch me fall, did you fall for it too, well boo-fúcking-hoo. such a wild card, watch the media court it n create it, the illusion of this all-american bad boy.

what we don't hear about is that he sleeps, most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

I haven't seen/heard any of his meltdown interviews yet. but after listening to the sound clips here I don't think I would be able to. :D
    I got tiger blood!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

He's right to demand more money. Charlie Sheen IS Two and a Half Men. Whether you like the show or not, it has a massive worldwide audience and makes a fcukton of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

He is living the dream in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Domo230 wrote: »
    I like Charlie Sheen.

He is what he is and is so unashamedly "out there" doing his own thing.

Two and a half men is pretty funny too

I like him too, and I like Two and a Half Men.

I don't get why people all of a sudden have a problem with him.

It's a comedy show not a documentary

In fairness, he's a bit of a bollox. He doesn't really have any talent to speak of, and I don't really know why people are applauding him for "doing his own thing". The man has problems. He's not drinking and drugging to make a statement or do his own thing, he's doing it cos he's got issues. He'd wanna sort himself out. Not that I really give a sh*t about him. He's a bit of a hack.

Also, Two and A Half Men was balls.

Why so?

people who like 2 1/2 gombeens, like entourage. fact

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Two and a half men is ridiculously unfunny.

The show's basic concept:
    Charlie is a womanising drunk/ his brother is a loser/ the kid is fat and stupid. The women are bimbos/sluts.

How is this show popular??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

people who like 2 1/2 gombeens, like entourage. fact

Not as bad as grammar retards.

Advertisement