Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlie Sheen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Domo230 wrote: »
    I like Charlie Sheen.

He is what he is and is so unashamedly "out there" doing his own thing.

Two and a half men is pretty funny too

Are you Charlie Sheens dealer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Domo230 wrote: »
    Yup

And business is good ...

You must be using too to think two and a half men is funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Over a million followers in 24 hours... #winning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

Bertha is funny in two and a half men.I like funny.I like Bertha because she is funny in two and a half men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

In fairness to Charlie, he just doesn't really care at this point. I don't see a problem with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 marcusgunn

two and a half men frequently mentioned in "unfunny comedy" threads here in fairness. I'd be inclined to agree. 1 joke stretched to how many series...5/6?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Two and a half men is a terrible show, Sheen however is an amusing guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

marcusgunn wrote: »
    two and a half men frequently mentioned in "unfunny comedy" threads here in fairness. I'd be inclined to agree. 1 joke stretched to how many series...5/6?

I wonder which is more important? Being mentioned on Boards in unfunny threads or the millions of people who watched each episode? I doubt Charlie was too worried about being dissed on here when the millions of dollars were rolling in!

Doubt he is too worried now either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Metallitroll

I have real fame, these woman have nothing. zero. they have that night and i will forget about them as the last image of them exits my beautiful home.

Charlie sheen. spoilt byproduct of yet another celebrity family dynasty who was the first port of call for farcical throwaway flicks. like father/dislike son the Sheen boys got very lucky off the back of their father's success, much like the Sutherlands. such a clichéd bad boy is the ego maniac, revelling in himself

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭haydar

He is his own man and doesnt give a s1ite what other people think.

I like him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I doubt he has even heard of Boards:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gargleblaster

i don't understand the admiration for a violent drug addict who is clearly losing his mind. and not just violent, but violent towards the very women he claimed to care for, the ones who were unfortunate enough to get close to him. there's a special place in hell for people like that.

editing to add that he's no longer asking for 3 million per episode. he apparently still has enough sense left to realize that was ridiculous. i wonder if he's lost custody of his youngest children permanently. he already lost the ones with one of his other wives permanently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

WINNING.

He's right it does make me feel good when I say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,973 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

ronkorp wrote: »
    He is his own man and doesnt give a s1ite what other people think.

I like him

He doesn't even know what he's thinking, let alone anyone else. If it weren't for the credits on the show, he wouldn't even know what his name
    is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

i don't understand the admiration for a violent drug addict who is clearly losing his mind. and not just violent, but violent towards the very women he claimed to care for, the ones who were unfortunate enough to get close to him. there's a special place in hell for people like that.

editing to add that he's no longer asking for 3 million per episode. he apparently still has enough sense left to realize that was ridiculous. i wonder if he's lost custody of his youngest children permanently. he already lost the ones with one of his other wives permanently.

True. He is a loser. Rich loser, though. With 2 million friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Watch yourself he will get his army of Vatican wizards after ya :p

True. He is a loser. Rich loser, though. With 2 million friends.

hah, friends. i hope there are some in there. but wouldn't friends see that you needed help and be sympathetic? and not gawk as you went down in flames?

seems to me that most are just watching the trainwreck, enjoying the show as he shares his (sadly amusing) bits of insanity. others are just vicariously enjoying his hedonistic lifestyle. still others are placing bets on how long he'll live, how many followers he'll get, etc. the whole thing is just pathetic and sad to me.

hah, friends. i hope there are some in there. but wouldn't friends see that you needed help and be sympathetic? and not gawk as you went down in flames?

seems to me that most are just watching the trainwreck, enjoying the show as he shares his (sadly amusing) bits of insanity. others are just vicariously enjoying his hedonistic lifestyle. still others are placing bets on how long he'll live, how many followers he'll get, etc. the whole thing is just pathetic and sad to me.

Or he just said one day "to Hell with being normal" and he lives how he wants to now. Maybe he doesn't want help and is happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I wonder which is more important? Being mentioned on Boards in unfunny threads or the millions of people who watched each episode? I doubt Charlie was too worried about being dissed on here when the millions of dollars were rolling in!

Doubt he is too worried now either!

Oh ffs, billions of people are also fans of American Idol, hardly an argument! :pac: Amount of success does not equal objective quality.

In fairness, Two and a Half Men really is just not a very good show from any kind of objective perspective. People are allowed to hold that opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

The show has it's moments, and I must say fair play to him for managing to get that famous...

but by god is he one arrogant son of a b*tch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I think the show is a good laugh.

Or he just said one day "to Hell with being normal" and he lives how he wants to now. Maybe he doesn't want help and is happy.

yes, perhaps some fathers really don't care about having custody of their children, or decent relationships with women. if that's the case then fair enough, i just am not able to understand that kind of mindset.

yes, perhaps some fathers really don't care about having custody of their children, or decent relationships with women. if that's the case then fair enough, i just am not able to understand that kind of mindset.

It's simple to understand: he doesn't feel he can be "normal" or at least what a lot of us consider to be normal. I think it's a bit like a gay man forcing himrself to be straight and marrying a girl and whatnot. Eventually he's going to go insane and I just think that's what happened a bit and all of a sudden he went on his never-ending bender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

liah wrote: »
    Oh ffs, billions of people are also fans of American Idol, hardly an argument! :pac: Amount of success does not equal objective quality.

In fairness, Two and a Half Men really is just not a very good show from any kind of objective perspective. People are allowed to hold that opinion.

Ah I know that, but the point is still true. With such viewing figures, there simply has to be people that actually liked it. I'm not saying people can't hold an opinion, I'm saying the opposite. You and I agree it is not great, but there are people who actually enjoy it.

The type of person who just wants some mindless fluff to fill in 30 minutes and there is not necessarily anything wrong with that either. I am as far from the Two and a Half Men viewer as is possible, I actually like intelligent comedies like Curb Your Enthusiasm and Arrested Development. But I'm well aware mainstream comedies are simply enjoyed by more people. I wish there were less uncultured buffoons around, but what can you do, eh?!

Also, Two and Half Men and its ilk are hamstrung by network TV, having to have 20+ episodes per series and needing everything to remain safe. Since they are syndicated they also can't have large arcing stories since channels won't always show them in sequence and so people can tune in and out of them. Sad but true!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    WINNING.

He's right it does make me feel good when I say it.

That has caught on like wildfire, the amount of people ive seen using that term over the last 48 hours is shocking :D

I'm a fan of his though, from his serious films to his comedies, and in fairness he spun what should have been a PR nightmare, into a "Winning" situation.

And elts be honest, Two and a Half men isnt that great, its a bit of a US churned out sitcom, but without him that show would have tanked pretty early on.

Nearly 2 mill a show though, **** me, hes definitly winning

• Registered Users Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Two and a Half Men.

Best reality tv show ever. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

$3 million for an ep of that shíte? And here was I thinking Biffo was overpaid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Metallitroll

coke n hookers! from ill gotten gains off the back of father's success ftw, yay!

man-up for dummies, by Charlie sheen, may contain traces of trailblazers past!!

Advertisement