Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Den on RTE TWO

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Just found this:

The entire episode is up there. A good 40 mins of laughs.

I am trying to explain to the lads in work why I am almost in tears laughing at Zig and Zag, but they dont get it(Czechs).

I was looking for a clip. It was the day after the budget and they were apologizing for not being on the day before, due to the budget, and Zig goes, "I dont know why they show it any way because it only makes people upset". I thought it was hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Denzil2222

RTE JUNIOR Is the name of the format that will replace the den.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Ah no it just gets worse! Once they took Ray darcy off it slowly went downhill, then no dustin, then its just socky and that blonde girl in the mornings! it wont be the den anymore, no matter what they call it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

But..but...but....Rayyyyyyyyyyyyy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I always loved when someone threw Ted at Ray D'Arcy and he had to pretend to fight it

Also whenever Podge was on and Dustin went mad at him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Aww no, this makes me sad. Though it has been awful for a long time now, suppose it's time to get rid of it. It was great in the early years though, fond memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

the Den is just terrible now.

Bloody kids today would rather know how their porfolios are doing in the stock market than see Dustin drive Gay Byrne and Louis Walsh insane.

Go on ya good thing!
    Is the greatest quote of the 90's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I remember fridays at about half 4 they used to have the turtles on the old turtles the classic cartoon from the 90s with the April ONeill character with the huge knockers.

But i remember sitting down in my nans every week religiously and having chips from the chipper and watching the cartoons. Then going out and playing football. I miss those days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Was there ever a dark skinned girl on The Den?

She is a presenter for some other RTE shows. I think its some music/pop show for teens.

Anyone know who she is?

Was she not velcro girl on 2phat too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Was there ever a dark skinned girl on The Den?

She is a presenter for some other RTE shows. I think its some music/pop show for teens.

Anyone know who she is?

Liz Bonin???

Used to love how Dustin used to always say he wouldn't pay his tv licence cos of the rubbish on RTE!

Dustin: "Gay Byrne doesn't have a tv licence either!"
    Ray: "Ah now you can't be saying that, it's not true"
    Dustin: "It is true, he told me!"
    Ray: *head in hands*

Dustin and Snotser, two cowboy builders but they had a great chipper :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

kfallon wrote: »
    Liz Bonin???

ah yes. Thank you.
    Bonnin completed a master's in wild animal biology at the Zoological Society of London and the Royal Veterinary College in September 2008.

She's hawt and probably knows how to rub a panda belly!

The Briggan, the Brack, the Noggin & the Fermot!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

How did they get away with it? Listen at 1:04. 'Stupid c#nt'!

ffs I can't view the YouTube clips in work, will have to check all this out when I get home!

Was that podge saying it? cant listen in work but if it is see http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67976473&postcount=44

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Klim wrote: »

I think he actually says "Stupid Country"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Klim wrote: »

It really does sound a lot like c*nt! But I think it's more along the lines of "stupid. C'uh!" As a guttural sound of indifference, along the lines of a tut. Kinda like the 'cuh' sound in Cor blimey.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

How has no one posted this yet, so so funny. Just the innocence of it all.

I know it sounds excessive but I nearly vomited with the laughter didn't think I would be able to stop laughing!

Excellent! The way Snotzer answers the questions anyway! Good man Snotzer!

• Advertisement

Ah lads & lasses, this thread has me all teary-eyed and nostalgic. Now you know why school days were the best of your life, it wasn't the actual days in school it was the coming home after to The Den!

I'm now singing the theme tune to 'Booli' (spelling?) in me head now, the Irish snowman!

Fear sneachta ban,
    Hata ar a cheann
    Sin e Booli

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

syklops wrote: »
    I think he actually says "Stupid Country"

Aye, I think you're right. Still, can you ever see anything like that getting broadcast today? No way a kids programme now would let a risque remark like that through.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Anyone remember "Rays:)Rave" cant find it on you tube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Anyone remember the Toy Grand Prix? Now that was quality television!

Or how about the quizzes they used to do? The Yes/No Gameshow, the Big Bus Quiz, the Furry Green Telly Quiz and the Furry Blue Telly Quiz.

Ah, memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Sigh i remember when my dog got ran over in fronmt of me when i was a kid the only thing i could think of doing was watching the DEN and tears running down my cheecks and roars coming out of me, but it was the only thing i could think of doing. it was like one of them safe happy places people go...

sigh must watch zig and zag DVD again tonight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 NC27

Just remembered the christmas no.1 song they had out.

Christmas is comin dustin's gettin fat
    zuppy is blue and zag is still a twat

How did they get away with saying twat. I also used to love dustin's song ' I was born in little bray' its a rip off of born in the usa, ah those where the days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

This has a bit of Rays Rave if that's what you mean?

"Yeah, ya twat!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Denzil2222

Does anybody remember Francis boylon jr the final presenter of the normal den ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Yup, i know what your on about. For a few months in 93/94??? every now & then they'd have a rays rave moment. Maybe 30 seconds of rave music & ray & the lads would be hopping around to the sound of proper rave tunes for a while.:pac:

Another funny & original feature of the Den.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Denzil2222 wrote: »
    Does anybody remember Francis boylon jr the final presenter of the normal den ?

I know he came along after i got too old to watch the Den (although can you ever be too old to watch it?) but he's probably the least memorable presenter in any case. The show was starting to die when he came along.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement