Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Petrol blower

• 21-09-2020 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Just got delivery of a Stihl BG 86-c-e. Delivery was only £5, machine is £222(incl vat), as per website. Exchange rate is of course favourable, EUR v's STG. Delivery was to my door here in IRL for £5.
    Machine is currently on sale locally for €389.

https://www.gardenmachinesltd.co.uk/stihl-bg-86-c-e-ergostart-27cc-2-stroke-petrol-blower-36721-p.asp

Edit: forgot to mention that if the item is marked 'out of stock', you can continue to order and pay for it. They then order the item in, and dispatch to you. This happened me. Order to deliver took 8 days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭mac_daddy

Thanks OP. I snatched one before they all had gone :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Looks to be some good offers on hedge trimmer too which I'm in the market for at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I had a Lidl Florabest one but I'd like this, how does it compare I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 81r2

Truckermal wrote: »
    I had a Lidl Florabest one but I'd like this, how does it compare I wonder?

Hello, I had the Lidl one which is a vacuum and leaf blower. This unit did the same task recently, in a third of the time. It will briskly blow small stones from your drive/yard/road, to about 2or3 metres in front of you very quickly. It will blow dry leaves off 4"-6" high grass several metres away at each pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Anyone know how this would compare?
    https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/autumn-gardens/leaf-blower/p50948
    Am determined to get a leaf blower this year ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 81r2

Only wrote: »
    Anyone know how this would compare?
    https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/autumn-gardens/leaf-blower/p50948
    Am determined to get a leaf blower this year ....

Hello, my 2cent opinion.
    The Lidl one, would surely be more comfortable on your back over longer durations. Than holding a hand held unit. The Lidl unit specifications indicate it is more powerful. So ease of use, and more power. Versus the unit I initially posted about. And you get their 3 year warranty.
    Having purchased some other products from this German store. Most recently the 4in1, 2 stroke multitool. I've issues already with it. Only third time using it. Fixed it myself (2 hours) as haven't time to be sending it back and waiting. I have struggled to get parts, if at all! And my machines have let me down regularly. If out of warranty, you need to fix any issues. In my case, local businesses won't fix them; no spare parts and hassle beyond the economic benefit to the shop, I've been informed.

The unit I posted about will be easier to maintain; with a ready supply of spare parts. You should have a local agent near you, or choose someone suitable to do the work. From my research, other users mention the long life of Stihl machine with little trouble.

On paper the Lidl machine is more powerful, and comfortable as a backpack. However been cognisant of the additional issues mentioned post purchase should be considered. Happy buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

81r2 wrote: »
    Hello, my 2cent opinion.
    The Lidl one, would surely be more comfortable on your back over longer durations. Than holding a hand held unit. The Lidl unit specifications indicate it is more powerful. So ease of use, and more power. Versus the unit I initially posted about. And you get their 3 year warranty.
    Having purchased some other products from this German store. Most recently the 4in1, 2 stroke multitool. I've issues already with it. Only third time using it. Fixed it myself (2 hours) as haven't time to be sending it back and waiting. I have struggled to get parts, if at all! And my machines have let me down regularly. If out of warranty, you need to fix any issues. In my case, local businesses won't fix them; no spare parts and hassle beyond the economic benefit to the shop, I've been informed.

The unit I posted about will be easier to maintain; with a ready supply of spare parts. You should have a local agent near you, or choose someone suitable to do the work. From my research, other users mention the long life of Stihl machine with little trouble.

On paper the Lidl machine is more powerful, and comfortable as a backpack. However been cognisant of the additional issues mentioned post purchase should be considered. Happy buying.

Thanks a million for your reply!! I hadn't thought of the maintenance end of things - esp when its out of warranty! Also, I thought the one you posted wasn't available anymore but I see it can be ordered in ... might just go down that route ... Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Purchased the Lidl one yesterday I'm absolutely delighted with it as it's a backpack and so easy to use plus the power is unbelievable! I'm like a small lad on Christmas day!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is the one referred to above the same one that’s in shops again now?

is it good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Notch000

the lidl one looks identical to one we got our father 10yrs ago, cant think of brand but its still going strong and cost several times more than than one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭glog

It's telling me Delivery on any item is not available to Ireland (Cork)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Brexit...

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jonesy101

If you only have a regular city sized garden no need to buy a petrol one be it lidl or not. The engine is 90 decibels which is the same as a lawnmower and then you have the noise of the air too on top of it. Neighbours will thank you for it!! :) I got a Ryobi one last year around 100, its good quality and light and clean (petrol dirty and messy) and seems like its going to last a good few yrs at least. once you get one battery power tool though you basically have to stick with the same brand though as you want to be able to swap the batteries out between your drill, sander , blower , strimmer etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Just to avoid any confusion. A Lidl Blower won't be in the same league as a Stihl. I have a 20 year old Stihl that still starts first pull. Plus it can always be repaired if necessary.

Advertisement