Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do you have a stalker on here?

• 22-09-2020 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭

I have a poster on here who has recently taken to ‘following’ me around and ‘thanking’ posts that quote me to ‘disagree’ with me.

Doesn’t matter who is right / wrong (since most posts are opinion anyway) but the poster basically thanks any post that quotes me to disagree with me.

The poster doesn’t seem to get ‘sarcasm’ though. I posted something, another poster quoted me with a sarcastic comment to say he agreed with me. (This is clear when you see the posters stance on the topic.)

My stalker thanked the post, so clearly doesn’t ‘understand’ what was going on.

Anyone else have a boards ‘thanks’ stalker?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Also meant to say is it quite ‘flattering’.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

No, you’re wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

It’s probably just your alt-account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

I have a poster on here who has recently taken to ‘following’ me around and ‘thanking’ posts that quote me to ‘disagree’ with me.

Doesn’t matter who is right / wrong (since most posts are opinion anyway) but the poster basically thanks any post that quotes me to disagree with me.

The poster doesn’t seem to get ‘sarcasm’ though. I posted something, another poster quoted me with a sarcastic comment to say he agreed with me. (This is clear when you see the posters stance on the topic.)

That, as my dear old grandmother used to say, is some fucked up shit. Although I'm currently sitting in a bush outside your house, pleasuring myself, so who am I to judge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Liar.

(Want to see who thanks this)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

It's the internet. You're dealing with people with every imaginable mental and emotional disorder.

The poster usually doesn’t even post in the thread, just ‘lurking’ in the background. Waiting....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

I'd love a stalker. Especially one with massive knockers.

Smee_Again wrote: »
    It’s probably just your alt-account.

Now this is a post that I expect the poster in question to thank. Will keep an ‘eye’ in it.

It's the internet. You're dealing with people with every imaginable mental and emotional disorder.

You are indirectly ‘involved’ in it. (It was one of your posts I mentioned in the OP.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

I'd have to read the posters name on each post to notice whoa who or what they're thanking.

Way too much effort.

Yes, it’s a little ‘creepy’ but the poster in question is ‘harmless’ so not too bothered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

Yes, it’s a little ‘creepy’ but the poster in question is ‘harmless’ so not too bothered.

Why do you use inverted commas like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I've received a number of extremely threatening personal messages over the years on this website. Not so much in the past few years in fairness.

I ignored them, as you'd want to be a pretty tragic case to send someone a death threat on a site like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

I've received a number of extremely threatening personal messages over the years on this website. Not so much in the past few years in fairness.

I ignored them, as you'd want to be a pretty tragic case to send someone a death threat on a site like this.

Pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I think I speak for most, but we love you really AVB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Can't say i've noticed but i guess the law of averages would say there's somebody being stalked on here. What if the tables turned though and a new stalker started stalking that career stalker? You'd get good odds on that strange turn of events. After all there's always someone more stalkier than you out there and every fruitcake has it's day. Nothing lasts forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Who actually pays that sort of attention to who is thanking whose posts? :confused: I couldn't even tell you who thanks my own posts, let alone who thanks other people's posts!!

I'd love a stalker. Especially one with massive knockers.

This poster ‘identifies’ as male so probably no massive ‘knockers’.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Ive got one that PMs me all the time but as a loner it makes me happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Yes,I think they thought they were fighting some sort of womens right battle or something they dreamt up and seen me as the monster of the world. I tell alot of jokes, dont think they understood humour.

Seems to have found other stuff to worry about.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

OP, if you have issues with a poster on boards please PM a forum moderator or admin. Don't start a thread about it in some sort of public call-out, that's against the charter.

Thread Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement