Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Den on RTE TWO

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭mac_iomhair

i think kids need to given a bit more respect... talk like a normal person van buren! crazy facial expressions and fakeness is what kids tv is all about these days. the den gave us kids (at the time) respect and didnt talk down to anyone in a fake barney american accent. we got it!! i think kids today would get it too if we gave them half a chance.
    end of an era really.

i logged on because I was thinking earlier about a show that used to be on the den in the early 90's which had some crazy blonde chick hosting it. she talked at a mile a minute and she had a catchphrase which was "are ya laffin?" and the kid replied "im laughing". it was a quiz show i think. dont know how that came into my head today but when i was a kid i absolutely hated her. im wondering what the name of the host or show was??? just to see if she is as bad as my childhood memory serves me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Emma Ledden before something funny happened her face.
    She was fine as ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

i think kids need to given a bit more respect... talk like a normal person van buren! crazy facial expressions and fakeness is what kids tv is all about these days. the den gave us kids (at the time) respect and didnt talk down to anyone in a fake barney american accent. we got it!! i think kids today would get it too if we gave them half a chance.
    end of an era really.

i logged on because I was thinking earlier about a show that used to be on the den in the early 90's which had some crazy blonde chick hosting it. she talked at a mile a minute and she had a catchphrase which was "are ya laffin?" and the kid replied "im laughing". it was a quiz show i think. dont know how that came into my head today but when i was a kid i absolutely hated her. im wondering what the name of the host or show was??? just to see if she is as bad as my childhood memory serves me!
    Mary Kingston!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Jacksquat

I wish the days of Ray, Zig and Zag and Dustin had never ended. Ray fighting Ted, Ray collapsing with laughter at Dustins inuendos that I didn`t get at the time, the Christmas specials...best memories ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

RIP The Den

One of the greatest programmes of my childhood.

Ray D'arcy was the one and only!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

Does anyone remember Dustin getting banned for a week or so because he implied Mary Robinson took it up the Áras? I don't think Ray could stop laughing after hearing the words and they had to cut to a commercial!

Ah nostalgia!

I heard Podge and Rodge were banned from The Den permanently after Rodge told a group of schoolkids that Zig smelled of s**t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Mary Kingston!

It wasn't called "The Works" was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Byron85 wrote: »
    It wasn't called "The Works" was it?
    I think it was, with the guy who reviews cars in the papers a and he was in Bull Island. Micheal Sheridan.

I think that was the show where you win iotas!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭twinytwo

cant believe people have forgotten Zuppy....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

I think it was, with the guy who reviews cars in the papers a and he was in Bull Island. Micheal Sheridan.

I think that was the show where you win iotas!

Yeah that's the one! I couldn't think of his name earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Wasn't it called Den 2 after dempsey left? I remember Dustin and his flap flaps. He would always say no,no,no then do it and run off camera. I miss being a kid back then :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

coyle wrote: »
    The fcuking Rumour Room?! What kid can even manage to say that properly?! And TRTE and RTEjr, they even look horrible written down!

Coming up next, The Rural Juror

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

jimi_t2 wrote: »
    Coming up next, The Rural Juror

Sorry didn't quite catch that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

twinytwo wrote: »
    cant believe people have forgotten Zuppy....

zuppy was a load of bollix, so was the retarded sock thing. Snotser gelligan ftw and the dustin album releases

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Holy Zombie Thread Batman!!

Closed. Start a new one if you want to have a discussion on same :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement