Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What was your last major purchase in punts?

• 15-09-2020 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Mine was an ATI Radeon 9800pro. It was a great graphics card.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I left £25 or so behind the bar in my local and kept drinking till it was gone.....and then switched to Euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

My first car

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

A house (not the band).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I didn't have "major purchases" in Punts. Back then I was broke. Thankfully not so much now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

100 penney sweets.

Back then I only ever saw one Punt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

A return flight to Atlanta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

I think i bought some PC games.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭touts

A lot of Euro notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

The year the punt went out I turned 21 got a rake of punts as gifts and blew them all on drink... fun but blurry times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,160 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

i remember the pool table in my local used to still take the old 50 pence piece for years after the change over...

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Orange Tiny Terror

Packet of monster munch and a chomp, probably

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

magick wrote: »

Who was still taking punts in late 2003? The entire 9000 range post-dates the Punt.

I bought some RAM the week before Christmas 2001 that cost about £90, I could probably still find the receipt somewhere because I'm extremely bad at throwing those out when warranties have expired / stuff has physically been binned.

The most expensive thing I bought with my own money pre-euro would have been the motherboard, CPU and base RAM for that PC as a bundle a few months earlier. Too young to have bought much else dearer and my dearest posession at the time - record decks - were a gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Plane ticket for about £650 as a travel agent along with Aer Lingus and Air France together decided to rip me off. I was home on holidays and needed to get back to work as a colleague was ill, so forked out £650 on a ticket that usually cost £250. Purchased on the morning of the 31st, flew out on Jan 2nd.

No proper internet back then so couldn't check around to get a better deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,912 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Your Face wrote: »
    Euros.

Euro not Euros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Championship Manager 01/02. Probably the last game I ever bought. 19 years on, I still play it occasionally, complete with modern-day updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Went to the shop hungover on new years day. I think I bought a lucozade and got the change back in euros

Went to the shop hungover on new years day. I think I bought a lucozade and got the change back in euros

Euro.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Samsgirl wrote: »
    My first car

Same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,160 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

pgj2015 wrote: »
    Euro.

Daddy, what's a Euro?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

magick wrote: »
    ATI Radeon 9800pro
    Came out 2003

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

pgj2015 wrote: »
    Euro not Euros.

Euro clown.

Your Face wrote: »
    Euro clown.

Where were you? in Tescos?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I arrived in Ireland at the same time as euros did so it was rather a confused issue, I know I changed sterling at the airport coming in..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

I can't remember.

Like most normal people, I'd wager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

Anyone on here still got a few punt notes? To be honest, I liked the look of 'em better than the euros. Was it Daniel O Connell on the 20 and some nun on the fiver?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I had a lot of punt angst back then. ;)

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement